Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 8 Dec 2019, 14:15 (Ref:3945572)   #651
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Ugly brutes, now? OOOh, that's not me! I see no 250 F, but why??? Isn't it your favorite, Mister Bob?
You know me too well Gerry Mo. Some of these are pre-digital age, indeed the B&W is from 1965, with a very basic camera.
Attached Thumbnails
250 f a.JPG   250F e.JPG   250F b.JPG  

250F f.JPG   250F d.jpg   250F g Patrick_Lindsey._Silverstone_May_1965.jpg  

Old 8 Dec 2019, 14:27 (Ref:3945575)   #652
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I have not been to a BTCC race for a few years, so have nothing of the current field, so Viv will have for settle for these.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_6523.JPG   IMG_6526.JPG   IMG_6599.JPG  

IMG_6611.JPG   IMG_6621.JPG   IMG_6629.JPG  

Old 8 Dec 2019, 14:38 (Ref:3945576)   #653
bauble
Veteran

England
Variety is the spice of life, they say. Well I may have a snap of a Spice somewhere but it will have to wait upon chance, meanwhile a few more from prototypes International;
Attached Thumbnails
Proto 1 (6).JPG   Proto 1 (8).JPG   Proto 1 (11).JPG  

Proto 1 (20).JPG   Proto 1 (12).JPG   Proto 1 (14).JPG  

Old 8 Dec 2019, 16:23 (Ref:3945590)   #654
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
The batch of Maserati's is just stunning, thank you! 'F course, I find the b&w a-ma-zing!!!
Old 9 Dec 2019, 09:32 (Ref:3945667)   #655
bauble
Veteran

England
And now for something completely different, a tribute to the heroes of our sport; Ladies and gentlemen, take a bow. These from 2015.
Attached Thumbnails
Marsahls 5.JPG   Marshals 12.JPG   Marshals 2.JPG  

Marshals 6.JPG   Marshals 1.JPG   Marshals 11.JPG  

Old 9 Dec 2019, 09:55 (Ref:3945672)   #656
bauble
Veteran

England
From 2007, a Top Hat race, note the old layout, Bridge Corner, such a good spot for photography.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2450.jpg   IMG_2456.jpg   IMG_2468.jpg  

IMG_2594.jpg   IMG_2455.jpg   IMG_2493.jpg  

Old 9 Dec 2019, 09:58 (Ref:3945673)   #657
bauble
Veteran

England
Continued;#
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2453.jpg   IMG_2469.jpg   IMG_2492.jpg  

IMG_2538.jpg   IMG_2590.jpg   IMG_2565.jpg  

Last edited by bauble; 9 Dec 2019 at 10:05.
Old 9 Dec 2019, 10:29 (Ref:3945679)   #658
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
First time I see a Corvair racing! Charged engine may be? If the Bimmer is a Laranca one, its lost its famous Ding-Dong sticker on the rear windows! Strange to see a Merc' too. Guess E.B will love the Triumph…
Old 9 Dec 2019, 10:31 (Ref:3945682)   #659
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
I have not been to a BTCC race for a few years, so have nothing of the current field, so Viv will have for settle for these.
Gee thanks Baub! Some more cracking pictures there. Don't worry about the cars being current, I prefer older Touring/Saloon cars anyway...
Old 9 Dec 2019, 10:38 (Ref:3945684)   #660
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Another lady at wheel in the GTA?
Old 9 Dec 2019, 11:35 (Ref:3945690)   #661
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
. Guess E.B will love the Triumph…
Happy days as someone would say!
Funnily enough my old Triumph is still racing... It was at the recent Sandown Historics, still owned by the guy who bought it from me nearly 30 years ago. I even had a nostalgic sit in it.

In post #656 is that first pic a Plymouth Barracuda?
Old 9 Dec 2019, 13:59 (Ref:3945720)   #662
bauble
Veteran

England
Did I ever tell you that I used to be famous?
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4726.JPG   IMG_4735.JPG   IMG_4899.JPG  

IMG_4900.JPG   IMG_4905.JPG   IMG_4919.JPG  

Old 9 Dec 2019, 14:01 (Ref:3945721)   #663
bauble
Veteran

England
Well not that famous.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4783.JPG   IMG_4778.JPG   IMG_4779.JPG  

IMG_4800.JPG   IMG_4796.JPG   IMG_4759.JPG  

Old 9 Dec 2019, 14:16 (Ref:3945724)   #664
bauble
Veteran

England
Indeed there were times when I was not at all famous
Attached Thumbnails
001 (2).jpg   002.jpg   rf 78 001.jpg  

rf 78 002.jpg   rf 90 002 (2).jpg  
Old 9 Dec 2019, 16:33 (Ref:3945751)   #665
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
That's my bet too, E.B. As to guess what carbs are used in the swb 911…
Bob did you have to pay for this picture of Sir Jackie?
Old 9 Dec 2019, 16:52 (Ref:3945759)   #666
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
That's my bet too, E.B. As to guess what carbs are used in the swb 911…
Bob did you have to pay for this picture of Sir Jackie?
GerryMo, in actual fact I knew Jackie quite well, not friends but acquaintances.
Old 9 Dec 2019, 17:14 (Ref:3945762)   #667
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
GerryMo, in actual fact I knew Jackie quite well, not friends but acquaintances.
And JYS has dined out on this fact for years!
Old 9 Dec 2019, 18:33 (Ref:3945775)   #668
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
In your case should I understand "acquaintances" mean you dont have to pay for an interview? Right?
Old 9 Dec 2019, 18:40 (Ref:3945778)   #669
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
And JYS has dined out on this fact for years!
Why do I have to put up with this sort of comment …………………...
Old 9 Dec 2019, 18:49 (Ref:3945781)   #670
bauble
Veteran

England
More of our good friends;
Attached Thumbnails
Marshal 7.JPG   Marshals 3.JPG   Marshals 4.JPG  

Marshals 8.JPG   Marshals 9.JPG   Marshals 10.JPG  

Old 9 Dec 2019, 18:56 (Ref:3945784)   #671
bauble
Veteran

England
To please someone no doubt.
Attached Thumbnails
Proto 1 (17).JPG   Proto 1 (19).JPG   Proto a 1.JPG  

Proto 1 (7).JPG   Proto 1 (13).JPG   Proto 1 (21).JPG  

Old 9 Dec 2019, 19:07 (Ref:3945786)   #672
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
To please someone no doubt.
I do have a taste for those Audi R18s and Toyotas .

Not quite a R8 LMP or a Toyota GT-One but still mind boggling.
Old 9 Dec 2019, 19:14 (Ref:3945788)   #673
bauble
Veteran

England
Not too many of these in my portfolio, never took to FJ's, personally. Still!
Attached Thumbnails
FJ 1.JPG   Fj 2 (1).JPG   Fj 2 (2).JPG  

Fj 2 (4).JPG   Fj 8.JPG   Fj 2 (3).JPG  

Old 9 Dec 2019, 20:06 (Ref:3945798)   #674
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
No kidding, hope at least rbs will name the blue one and the last one too. They look good but different. The #11 driver is literally sitting on the rear axle…
Old 9 Dec 2019, 22:22 (Ref:3945829)   #675
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
No kidding, hope at least rbs will name the blue one and the last one too. They look good but different. The #11 driver is literally sitting on the rear axle…
Just for Gerard.
Picture 3 is an Alexis Mk2 and 6 is a U2 formula Junior