Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 21 Dec 2019, 14:14 (Ref:3947886)   #851
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Good job we don’t. Anyway, you’re showing your age suggesting a two finger emoji- it would be one finger nowadays....

I'm a traditionalist Mike.
Old 21 Dec 2019, 14:31 (Ref:3947887)   #852
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If you don't do the Pomeroy, you should, it has so many interesting cars among the entry most years, of course if you are domiciled in the nether regions! Hard luck;
Attached Thumbnails
_MG_0070.JPG   _MG_0072.JPG   _MG_0077.JPG  

_MG_0088.JPG   _MG_0106.JPG   _MG_0146.JPG  

Old 21 Dec 2019, 15:55 (Ref:3947895)   #853
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Is last one an Airline?
Old 21 Dec 2019, 16:27 (Ref:3947898)   #854
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Is last one an Airline?
Mon Ami, I am sure someone will know, but as it was just sitting in the Paddock, I have no idea, Smarty Pants EB will tell us I'm sure.

PS; Why is it always you asking awkward questions?

La Bauble.
Old 21 Dec 2019, 17:03 (Ref:3947901)   #855
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Is last one an Airline?
Did Airlines have suicide doors?
Old 21 Dec 2019, 19:17 (Ref:3947909)   #856
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
I dont think so, rbs, well done again. Outside chromed door hinges rethink. Even the '53 TD had suicide doors. Not a MG then?
Drums all round, can't be neither a Seven nor a Dixie…

Last edited by Gerard C; 21 Dec 2019 at 19:31. Reason: Awkward? Watzat…
Old 21 Dec 2019, 22:43 (Ref:3947927)   #857
bauble
Veteran

England
To early to go to bed so …..
Attached Thumbnails
_MG_0186.JPG   101.JPG   287.JPG  

289.JPG   305.JPG   Fame 8.JPG  

Old 21 Dec 2019, 22:54 (Ref:3947930)   #858
bauble
Veteran

England
I download pictures from my internet site or from DVDs, and end up with a lot of odd images, in a folder on the computer, that have not made it into a set, so I occasionally pot job lots. That is why you sometimes get these hodge podge groupings. Such as;
Attached Thumbnails
088.JPG   HSCC May 197.JPG   HSCC May 199.JPG  

IMG_0325.JPG   IMG_9408.JPG   IMG_1732.jpg  

Old 21 Dec 2019, 23:03 (Ref:3947931)   #859
bauble
Veteran

England
An Italian theme.
Attached Thumbnails
Odds a.JPG   Odds b.JPG   Odds c.JPG  

Odds d.JPG   Odds e.jpg   Odds f.jpg  

Old 22 Dec 2019, 05:40 (Ref:3947984)   #860
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
An Italian theme.
Ahh, car #60, SWB finished in Giallo Fly. What could be better! The most perfectly formed Ferrari in the best colour ever.....

I went on a search once in an attempt to find the meaning of ‘Fly’ in the colour name, and guess what- there’s a lot of different opinions! Anything from ‘Ferrari Light Yellow to the tendency for yellow to attract flies!

Old 22 Dec 2019, 06:23 (Ref:3947989)   #861
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Surprised to se a HK500 racing on track and RHD.

Good italian job, Bob! The "Toobolarrre" is almost perfect, élégante et racée chaque détail est inspiré par la fonction.
Old 22 Dec 2019, 06:38 (Ref:3947992)   #862
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Another awkward kweschion… E.B, rbs, you had at least one F1 driver using a HK 500. Bauble's era…
Old 22 Dec 2019, 06:54 (Ref:3947993)   #863
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Another awkward kweschion… E.B, rbs, you had at least one F1 driver using a HK 500. Bauble's era…
Easy... Sir Stirling owned one.

Edit- interesting ‘review’ and a pic of Stirling with his HK500.... https://jalopnik.com/facel-vega-hk500-317075

Last edited by Mike Bell; 22 Dec 2019 at 07:01.
Old 22 Dec 2019, 08:00 (Ref:3947998)   #864
bauble
Veteran

England
It is fascinating to find out so much about some of the images I stick up here. In many cases they are 'just' pictures that I hope someone will like, and then!

A stream of posts appear with chapter and verse on an obscure model, and it's antecedents. Such learned types populate this forum.
RBS, I expect you can identify the red Porsche's driver. Just hope he doesn't ever venture here. I might be shown up for the rank amateur I am.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0642.JPG   IMG_0572 b.jpg   IMG_0745.JPG  

IMG_0741.JPG   IMG_5850.JPG   IMG_4358.JPG  

Old 22 Dec 2019, 08:22 (Ref:3948001)   #865
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
RBS, I expect you can identify the red Porsche's driver.

No problem sir, it's Jacob Ebrey. Aregular competitor in The Pom. The HK500 was also in the Pom.
Old 22 Dec 2019, 10:09 (Ref:3948011)   #866
bauble
Veteran

England
A bit of club racing for you, an AMOC Meeting, and some lovely Astons. (OK JT?)
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0488.JPG   IMG_0492.JPG   IMG_0493.JPG  

IMG_0491.JPG   IMG_0513.JPG   IMG_0505.JPG  

Old 22 Dec 2019, 10:28 (Ref:3948013)   #867
bauble
Veteran

England
From the same meeting;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0580.JPG   IMG_0593.JPG   IMG_0612.JPG  

IMG_0660.JPG   IMG_0628.JPG   IMG_0633.JPG  

Old 22 Dec 2019, 10:59 (Ref:3948023)   #868
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Easy... Sir Stirling owned one.

Edit- interesting ‘review’ and a pic of Stirling with his HK500.... https://jalopnik.com/facel-vega-hk500-317075
Blimey, go out for a couple of hours and finally up comes a question I know the answer to.... to be beaten to the post.
Old 22 Dec 2019, 11:01 (Ref:3948024)   #869
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
It is fascinating to find out so much about some of the images I stick up here. In many cases they are 'just' pictures that I hope someone will like, and then!
Lets call that magic, if you like it! This thread is second to none, imo… Friendly and passioned atmosphere why ask for more? More pictures! Please.

Mike, you naughty boy!!! I guess the pictured HK has Dunlop disc brakes all round but what about the gearbox?
I guess you posted the link just for this: "The French are leaders in ashtray technology…" Unfair, Your honor!

Last edited by Gerard C; 22 Dec 2019 at 11:16. Reason: No auto gbox…
Old 22 Dec 2019, 11:04 (Ref:3948025)   #870
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
No worry E.B, bauble could add Pétoulet, aka the very nice Maurice Trintignan. Dont go on the "crottes de lapins" thingy, we already did it!
Remember that, rbs?
Mike will for sure explain what point of regulation allows to drive a E with the "rear door" opened…

Last edited by Gerard C; 22 Dec 2019 at 11:16.
Old 22 Dec 2019, 11:30 (Ref:3948028)   #871
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Picture from Sir Sterling Moss in Mike's link shows a Parisian avenue. Maybe George V, in front of a famous hotel. You could buy a Facel Vega from HWM, Walton-on-Thames. If any regret, phone # was 20404!
Old 22 Dec 2019, 14:02 (Ref:3948048)   #872
bauble
Veteran

England
Well GerryoniMO, you do keep me busy, but why not?
A Fifties sports car race from the AMOC meeting.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0718.JPG   IMG_0755.JPG   IMG_0750.JPG  

IMG_0727.JPG   IMG_0756.JPG   IMG_0746.JPG  

Old 22 Dec 2019, 14:05 (Ref:3948050)   #873
bauble
Veteran

England
,,,, more examples of good looking sports cars,
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0793.JPG   IMG_0773.JPG   IMG_0765.JPG  

IMG_0730.JPG   IMG_0794.JPG   IMG_0802.JPG  

Old 22 Dec 2019, 14:13 (Ref:3948052)   #874
bauble
Veteran

England
Finally,
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0803.JPG   IMG_0805.JPG   IMG_0768.JPG  

IMG_0717.JPG   IMG_0721.JPG   IMG_0737.JPG  

Old 22 Dec 2019, 14:25 (Ref:3948055)   #875
bauble
Veteran

England
A few familiar, or not so familiar faces do you know them all?
Attached Thumbnails
Fame 7.JPG   IMG_4731.JPG   IMG_4911.JPG  

IMG_4959.JPG   IMG_8569.JPG   people 021.JPG