Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16 Sep 2005, 17:04 (Ref:1409463)   #17
Gerry Taylor
Veteran

Gerry Taylor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGerry Taylor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Terry McNally/John Homewood

Dan, Andrew, I told you not to start me off! Terry McNally lived in Kirby Muxloe, and actually had bits of his engine on the kitchen table, much to the disdain of Betty his wife (who always attended the circuits wearing a chequered skirt Remember?) He did all his own engine work, and was a supervisor with the GPO later BT. John Homewood, well, we had some terrific dices at Brands, where he always beat me. The more I look at this website, the more I go back in time, and recall old mates like Denis Nott, who had a wacking great Rover V8 thing. Stephen Soper (wonder whatever happened to him Ha,ha), Mo Mendham, who was the reason I saw Sky,Tarmac and Sky again at Shaws Hairpin at Mallory Park, he was in the mini that "kissed" the rear corner of the Anglia, and over I went. But there I go again guy's..............By the way Andrew, yes it was Rogers car. Roger liked my Volvo p1800s and so we did a deal, some pound notes changed hands and that was it. He moved on, and I raced the famous Williamson Anglia for the next five seasons (with much success too). Roger was a good mate to me, and was always there with advice. I remember asking him how to get good times round Mallory, and I remember his exact words. "You must enter Gerrards Flat! in Top, and if you exit pulling 8.5, your on for a pole!" I still think about him. Brilliant, happy days. Gerry.