Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 29 Mar 2017, 07:22 (Ref:3722361)   #1
Asfixiator
Rookie

Asfixiator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking for advice to get into Rallycross

Hey all im currently looking at getting into the sport however need a little push in the right direction, I'm in Northampton and was wondering what the nearest club to me is? I've read all about the licence and the correct PPE

Lydden seems to be the most talked about track however from what I can see it is also one of the closest but still a good 2 hours 30 mins drive. I'm honestly surprised there isn't one closer. I would love to go as a spectator and watch some events do they happen over the entire course of the weekend or only on a Saturday or Sunday?

Many thanks for any help provided.
Old 29 Mar 2017, 08:00 (Ref:3722369)   #2
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There are no near tracks to you. There might be next eyar when Silverstone hosts a WRX round, but we are not sure yet if they will also want to host national rallycross events. Depends really if the track is going to be temporary.

There are two choices, (sadly) BTRDA and British championship.

One races predominantly in the north at places like Blyton and Croft the other races a couple of times at Lydden and the other venues like Pembrey and Knockhill, plus often an event overseas in Belgium. They all race at some venues but some don't race at one or two.