Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 29 Jan 2019, 17:45 (Ref:3880473)   #351
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Definitely! One other small concern (to me, anyway ) is how close to each other on the calendar the first three races are. Have a serious problem in the first or second and not much time for rebuild....
Could be an issue.Shame there not at Donington for the Historic.

I'm planning on going to PA for Spa,Dijon and Paul Ricard.WHY?The grids,cars,experience and that I do like enduros.Could be there english commentator aswell...
Old 31 Jan 2019, 17:56 (Ref:3880941)   #352
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
We've been talking about Tour Auto, the tracks will be Bugatti-Le Mans, Charade, Magny-Cours… and Dijon Prenois. Towns are Paris, Dijon, Lyon, Vichy, Tours and Deauville. Provisional entry list shows one '49 Healey Silverstone (from Japan), Frazer Nash Coupé Le Mans '54, several TR's 2 and 3, Sunbeam Alpine et many others. More on the website, FB page and Tweety, itinerary to be revealed Tuesday 2 April.
Old 6 Feb 2019, 20:05 (Ref:3882281)   #353
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Seems the Matsers announced the support races of the French GP Mike? OK, clubby + Magny = WTH i suppose!
Old 6 Feb 2019, 20:28 (Ref:3882286)   #354
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Seems the Matsers announced the support races of the French GP Mike? OK, clubby + Magny = WTH i suppose!
Nothing announced here from Masters yet, Gerard. No entry forms for any races either.
Old 7 Feb 2019, 01:21 (Ref:3882319)   #355
geordiecriag101
Racer

United Kingdom
Market Harborough
geordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgeordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just a quick one, not strictly a race date but will the Masters be having an open test day at Brands Hatch in March like last year? Cheers
Old 7 Feb 2019, 05:09 (Ref:3882328)   #356
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
I'd like John could report from his press kit. Seeing some people attitude on their stands at the show, I really wonder why they pay to exhibit. I hate that it makes me sick and somedays wonder what my Dad would say about all this…
Old 7 Feb 2019, 06:17 (Ref:3882333)   #357
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by geordiecriag101 View Post
Just a quick one, not strictly a race date but will the Masters be having an open test day at Brands Hatch in March like last year? Cheers
Nothing on this HRT or Masters calendars.

Have you looked on MSV website? You can check out the track and test days for all their circuits on the full year calendar (not just the weekend stuff).
Old 7 Feb 2019, 14:17 (Ref:3882407)   #358
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Have you looked on MSV website? You can check out the track and test days for all their circuits on the full year calendar (not just the weekend stuff).
I believe this: https://shop.msv.com/Calendar/Testing is what you're referring to?

No Masters testing listed. Assuming I'm reading it correctly, the only non-public test listed here is the BTCC on 20th March.

Last edited by Anyopenroad; 7 Feb 2019 at 14:24.
Old 7 Feb 2019, 15:16 (Ref:3882419)   #359
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
That's it. I think Masters would have announced a test day by now if they were having one, as their first race meeting is late March.
Old 8 Feb 2019, 13:05 (Ref:3882621)   #360
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Talking of Masters, an interesting development- https://mailchi.mp/mastershistoricra...s?e=38b813c642

Take time to read the whole release, there’s more to it than just Endurance Legends sponsorship.....

Meanwhile, further south in Europe, Iberian Historic Endurance have put their entry form on line. Seems good value for money compared with some!

https://gallery.mailchimp.com/5f0761...9_EN_edit2.pdf
Old 8 Feb 2019, 15:09 (Ref:3882641)   #361
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If I'm reading right thats the last grid to be added for Silverstone.Doesn't say much about it though.Very interesting and shows the popularity and draw of historics in more than one way.

Thoughts?
Old 9 Feb 2019, 00:16 (Ref:3882726)   #362
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Talking of Masters, an interesting development- https://mailchi.mp/mastershistoricra...s?e=38b813c642

Take time to read the whole release, there’s more to it than just Endurance Legends sponsorship.....

Meanwhile, further south in Europe, Iberian Historic Endurance have put their entry form on line. Seems good value for money compared with some!

https://gallery.mailchimp.com/5f0761...9_EN_edit2.pdf
Mailchimp? Makes me think of The 'Chimp' special saloon!
Old 9 Feb 2019, 16:54 (Ref:3882816)   #363
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Mailchimp? Makes me think of The 'Chimp' special saloon!
‘Mailchimp’ appears when I ‘view email in browser’.....

We’re not even into 2019 yet, but the dates for Le Mans Classic 2020 have been announced. 3-5th July. Gives all the other organisers time to make sure their events don’t clash!

https://peterauto.peter.fr/en/2020-le-mans-classic/
Old 9 Feb 2019, 16:58 (Ref:3882817)   #364
Willmaz223
Veteran

Crikey I'd be 18 then,blimey.😁
Old 9 Feb 2019, 17:21 (Ref:3882822)   #365
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
We’ve had some discussion recently about the two ‘modern’ historic GT / Proto series from Masters and Peter Auto.

I’ve now received the former’s 2019 event guide and entry forms, PA’s info was on line, so just for information this is what it costs to enter a race with one of these machines...

Aston Martin Masters Endurance Legends-

‘Club’ Membership (annual)- £495 or €555
Race entry per race- £2975 or €3332 (total track time 160min at most events)

Peter Auto Endurance Racing Legends (name changed)-

‘Club’ membership (annual)- €300
Race entry per race- €2500 (120min track time)
Demo events- €2200 (120min track time)

So very deep pockets needed! (PA do offer discounts for multiple entries paid in advance though, and Masters American Endurance Legends races are cheaper than their European ones, if you prefer to base your car in the USA....)
Old 9 Feb 2019, 17:35 (Ref:3882825)   #366
Willmaz223
Veteran

Quote:
We’ve had some discussion recently about the two ‘modern’ historic GT / Proto series from Masters and Peter Auto.

I’ve now received the former’s 2019 event guide and entry forms, PA’s info was on line, so just for information this is what it costs to enter a race with one of these machines...

Aston Martin Masters Endurance Legends-

‘Club’ Membership (annual)- £495 or €555
Race entry per race- £2975 or €3332 (total track time 160min at most events)

Peter Auto Endurance Racing Legends (name changed)-

‘Club’ membership (annual)- €300
Race entry per race- €2500 (120min track time)
Demo events- €2200 (120min track time)

So very deep pockets needed! (PA do offer discounts for multiple entries paid in advance though, and Masters American Endurance Legends races are cheaper than their European ones, if you prefer to base your car in the USA....)
😮😮😮😮😮😮WOW!
Old 10 Feb 2019, 09:15 (Ref:3882904)   #367
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just trying to plan my last season and looks like I'll be doing the Masters Donington 3hrs, Silverstone Classic and Spa Gent Drivers with the MG. Need to find a co-driver to share for the last two though. Otherwise I'll be doing a couple of clubbies.
Old 10 Feb 2019, 10:35 (Ref:3882919)   #368
Willmaz223
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Just trying to plan my last season and looks like I'll be doing the Masters Donington 3hrs, Silverstone Classic and Spa Gent Drivers with the MG. Need to find a co-driver to share for the last two though. Otherwise I'll be doing a couple of clubbies.
ME! haha.

Hope those go well for you.

What clubbies do you have in mind?
Old 10 Feb 2019, 11:14 (Ref:3882920)   #369
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well I'm an HSCC member and a MGCC member so I have two choices.

It occurs to me that if you want to see what goes in to making an historic car work, these Masters or MRL events would be a good place to start. Together they cover pre war to 2000s.
Old 10 Feb 2019, 11:29 (Ref:3882924)   #370
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
For Silverstone Classic ITCGTC (GD) I see Masters are favouring entrants that will have already done 3 races with them beforehand. That counts us out unless the draw of a 2nd SLR helps! (No doubt the green car will do the whole series)

Interesting that despite Spa being one of the most expensive circuits to buy track time at, the September GD 90 minute race is same cost as the Sillystone 50 minute one! So if we don’t get an entry for the latter, not the end of the world....
Old 10 Feb 2019, 11:31 (Ref:3882925)   #371
Willmaz223
Veteran

Quote:
Well I'm an HSCC member and a MGCC member so I have two choices.

It occurs to me that if you want to see what goes in to making an historic car work, these Masters or MRL events would be a good place to start. Together they cover pre war to 2000s.
Yes they do cover quite a time period of cars.MRL covers cars from 1930 to 1991 so a very good place to start out and getting a better idea.Masters also aswell have quite a range aswell so both as you say are very good and for me can be quite useful.
Old 10 Feb 2019, 11:40 (Ref:3882927)   #372
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
For Silverstone Classic ITCGTC (GD) I see Masters are favouring entrants that will have already done 3 races with them beforehand. That counts us out unless the draw of a 2nd SLR helps! (No doubt the green car will do the whole series)

Interesting that despite Spa being one of the most expensive circuits to buy track time at, the September GD 90 minute race is same cost as the Sillystone 50 minute one! So if we don’t get an entry for the latter, not the end of the world....
Yes, I'm hoping to claim Force Majeure since I'm not always in the UK or Europe. If not then perhaps I'll wait and do the Gold Cup with the HSCC.
Old 10 Feb 2019, 12:23 (Ref:3882931)   #373
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Yes, I'm hoping to claim Force Majeure since I'm not always in the UK or Europe. If not then perhaps I'll wait and do the Gold Cup with the HSCC.

Old 10 Feb 2019, 17:38 (Ref:3882989)   #374
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Consternation over on the Classic F3 Association website at the price of the entry fee for Classic F3 races at the Silverstone Classic . Strangely the Historic F2 entry fee is £995 compared to £1150 for the Classic F3 race . Several competitors debating if it's worth it just to compete on the modern GP circuit .
Old 10 Feb 2019, 17:51 (Ref:3882990)   #375
Willmaz223
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCCheddaris View Post
Consternation over on the Classic F3 Association website at the price of the entry fee for Classic F3 races at the Silverstone Classic . Strangely the Historic F2 entry fee is £995 compared to £1150 for the Classic F3 race . Several competitors debating if it's worth it just to compete on the modern GP circuit .
For me those prices are just ridiculous.