Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 20 Jun 2003, 21:25 (Ref:638038)   #1
Craner-Curve
Rookie

Craner-Curve should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lammers = the best

i think Jan Lammers showed once more that he is one of the best sportscardrivers of the modern era. He wrung the neck of the dome to produce one of the finest drives at the final 3 hours of the race. On top of that he was sensible enough not to hold off the audi's after his glory moment, instead going for that top five finish that has once again eluded him. also, to produce a 3.39 during the race is no mean feat!

This man and this team, that made no mistakes whatsoever during the race deserve a factorydeal.

And if jan were to drive the Bentley, and he would wind up for a stint like the opening one in 1988 and the final one this year there is absolutely no driver who can match him.

but you might have other thoughts.....

PS Gommendy should stick to sprint races....
Old 20 Jun 2003, 22:09 (Ref:638059)   #2
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yay, Jan Lammers!!!! FIRE will be pleased about this thread

Yes, you can always count on Jan to produce a good result. Good drive this year, good drive last year, and no doubt a good drive next year too...
Old 21 Jun 2003, 07:15 (Ref:638245)   #3
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
A nice pair indeed !

Last edited by Fab; 21 Jun 2003 at 07:16.
Old 21 Jun 2003, 07:52 (Ref:638271)   #4
Arnage
Rookie

Arnage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I certainly hope that Wallace has seen enough of Jan and his team to want to partner up with him again next year. Continuity seems very important for RfH, and I would very much like to see the pair win again in the future...

Last edited by boogschutter; 21 Jun 2003 at 07:57.
Old 21 Jun 2003, 09:15 (Ref:638296)   #5
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Hope to see them in November !
Old 21 Jun 2003, 10:51 (Ref:638329)   #6
Arnage
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
Hope to see them in November !
I'm going to be there, that's for sure (almost) .
Lets hope the grid will be full, and that we will already see a lot of new cars (and teams?) there...
Old 21 Jun 2003, 11:04 (Ref:638337)   #7
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A great team. Lammers seems so entusiastic about it all. And Wallace, how many other drviers would be working on their car (with such care) on Friday afternoon.

Attached Thumbnails
wallace.jpg  

Last edited by Adam43; 21 Jun 2003 at 11:05.
Old 21 Jun 2003, 12:39 (Ref:638390)   #8
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
FIRE will be pleased about this thread

This is Jan Lammers 30th season as driver! And he's one of the best allround drivers in the world. He started his career (and became champion) at age 16 with a Simca in the Dutch touringcar championship in 1973. After that he did touringcars, F. Ford, F3 (European champion '78), F1 in the late '70s & early 80s (and a short comeback in '92) and his greatest love: sportscars.

More info about Jan's career:
http://www.janlammers.com/engels/Xml...baan\index.xsl

In a radio interview I heard that Lammers made his debut on Le Mans at age 13!!! His mentor Rob Slotemaker did the stunts in the film Le Mans. Steve McQueen's son was racing on a small motorcycle. Slotemaker saw this and said to McQueen that he knew a kid that could do "slippery" things with cars. So little Jan showed McQueen is talent.

I hope he gets a contract with a factory to run a pair of LMP900s.I think he showed that he's not only a good driver but also a good teamboss (together with Mark Koense).
Old 21 Jun 2003, 14:52 (Ref:638480)   #9
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore
A great team. Lammers seems so entusiastic about it all. And Wallace, how many other drviers would be working on their car (with such care) on Friday afternoon.
Woaw, a very nice shot, congrats !
Old 21 Jun 2003, 15:41 (Ref:638521)   #10
Craner-Curve
Rookie

Craner-Curve should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I talked to Jan the at the Pinksterraces at zandvoort a week before the big one and he is seriously looking at Petit Le Mans. That car should do very very well....
Old 21 Jun 2003, 16:04 (Ref:638534)   #11
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
That's good news.
Old 21 Jun 2003, 16:48 (Ref:638575)   #12
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
Woaw, a very nice shot, congrats !
Actually it was my Dad who took the photo.

Here is one I took of Jan's charge near the end of the race (shame about the fencing ). I love the way it get dirtier towards the back of the car.

Attached Thumbnails
jan.jpg  

Last edited by Adam43; 21 Jun 2003 at 16:49.
Old 22 Jun 2003, 02:38 (Ref:638901)   #13
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am awed by the way he's still driving hammer and tongs in the last 5 laps -- as if it's a sprint race for 24 hours! But I have to say that is not a beautiful car.
Old 22 Jun 2003, 06:52 (Ref:638968)   #14
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
I am awed by the way he's still driving hammer and tongs in the last 5 laps -- as if it's a sprint race for 24 hours! But I have to say that is not a beautiful car.
He's so enthousiastic... who's gonna match the Audis in the first laps excet him ?

If I didn't like the car at first glance, I'm accustomed to it now, and due to the performances and the sound, I cheer it now.

BTW, I like to see sisters cars on the grid, and the tem really deserved the two entries. I hope to see two Courages as well next year...

At the opposite, three're too much (Audis, Oreca) and take a place on the grid for other teams that could be here too...

For this year, I think the Bentleys were faster than last year Audis : too bad we didn't have both (factories) together to have a real race... four years in a row of parades are two much : we need a real race for 2004, or Le Mans is going to anonyma again...
Old 22 Jun 2003, 10:05 (Ref:639043)   #15
Arnage
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
For this year, I think the Bentleys were faster than last year Audis : too bad we didn't have both (factories) together to have a real race... four years in a row of parades are two much : we need a real race for 2004, or Le Mans is going to anonyma again...
Just imagine... (for one tiny moment) that we wouldn't have had Bentley and Audi this year. And just imagine that until the last minutes of the race it would have been uncertain as to who would have won, Panoz, RfH or Courage....

And now presume that Bentley will not be here next year, and that the three (well actually two without this wonderful(sounding!) Panoz ) teams I mentioned above will be able to close the gap to the R8-teams which are not allowed to change anything on their cars... what a race we could be having next year
Old 23 Jun 2003, 06:16 (Ref:639754)   #16
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by boogschutter
Just imagine... (for one tiny moment) that we wouldn't have had Bentley and Audi this year. And just imagine that until the last minutes of the race it would have been uncertain as to who would have won, Panoz, RfH or Courage....

And now presume that Bentley will not be here next year, and that the three (well actually two without this wonderful(sounding!) Panoz ) teams I mentioned above will be able to close the gap to the R8-teams which are not allowed to change anything on their cars... what a race we could be having next year
A great scenario IMO ! Where do I sign ?