Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 11 Sep 2009, 09:08 (Ref:2538303)   #1
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Leinster Trophy

So, any thoughts, predictions?

Does anyone even care anymore?
Old 11 Sep 2009, 14:51 (Ref:2538543)   #2
tkiwan
Racer

Ireland
Kildare
tkiwan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think a VEE could win it this year.
Old 11 Sep 2009, 14:52 (Ref:2538544)   #3
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkiwan View Post
I think a VEE could win it this year.
Old 12 Sep 2009, 18:53 (Ref:2539172)   #4
SCOBER11
Racer

SCOBER11 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its that big track it just doesn't motivate, it has to be the worst layout track i have ever competed on which is a pity because the national track is great....Vees getting the LT what is the world coming too.
Old 14 Sep 2009, 08:10 (Ref:2540240)   #5
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOBER11 View Post
Its that big track it just doesn't motivate, it has to be the worst layout track i have ever competed on which is a pity because the national track is great....Vees getting the LT what is the world coming too.
Vees getting the LT..... why not!!! A class that has to have a quallifying race because there's so many entries, fielding a grid that had the maximum number of cars for the track license AND two reserves in the pit-lane. I'm just disappointed it didn't get to go the whole distance.

International track not motivating.... well, to be honest, at the start of the weekend I would have said I prefer the National, but a lot does depend on the class and the drivers, there were many races over the weekend that were so close as to be excellent. The last corner of the last lap of the Arbath race the main pack was so close I thought it was a race start!
Old 14 Sep 2009, 08:39 (Ref:2540258)   #6
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Well I had a brilliant weekend. Excellent racing, brilliant weather, good company - what's not to like!

Big congratulations to Gary Newsome on his Leinster Trophy win!

Old 14 Sep 2009, 15:59 (Ref:2540547)   #7
Kershaw
Rookie

Ireland
Dublin
Kershaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Vees getting the LT what is the world coming too
I should hope you missed a smiley at the end of that . . . if i didnt know any better I would guess you are a FFord driver? Ah yes, Im correct, arent they the ones that follow each other around? If it wasnt such a pretentious and snobby class you might get more drivers doing it, then when you field more than 8 cars you might get the Leinster back.

I have considered doing FFord . . but there just dont seem to be enough cars to race against. Maybe its too dear, or elitist. Anyway. . . . congrats to Garry Newsome, it was a great win, well deserved.
Old 14 Sep 2009, 19:22 (Ref:2540707)   #8
SCOBER11
Racer

Formula Ford = International racing class......I rest my case.......
Old 14 Sep 2009, 21:23 (Ref:2540781)   #9
Kershaw
Rookie

Ireland
Dublin
International or not... 8 cars is 8 cars. . . just look at how good it is when there are 26 of them, as at Kirky for the Martin Donnelly Trophy. But looking down on another class just makes you guys look like sore LOSERS.
Old 15 Sep 2009, 09:22 (Ref:2541003)   #10
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
Now now boys - all your cars are very nice! Let's all gang up on the saloons........
Old 15 Sep 2009, 10:38 (Ref:2541057)   #11
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Quote:
Formula Ford = International racing class......I rest my case.......
Quote:
Variants of the Formula Vee rules exist in Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia, South Africa, Germany and New Zealand.
Seems international to me........
Old 15 Sep 2009, 12:10 (Ref:2541151)   #12
av8rirl
Veteran

Ireland
Ireland
av8rirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Vees getting the LT what is the world coming too.
I'm not sure if that was said tongue in cheek? or not? but I'm not getting involved in a slagging match on it because I run some Vee's and I also love FF. There is room in the world (and the paddock) for both!

Great win by Gary Newsome! Got the pole and then a lights to flag victory... you can't fault that!

And as someone else has said... Vee's are very much an international class! In addition to the countries mentioned, they exist in a few South American countries too!
Old 15 Sep 2009, 17:30 (Ref:2541403)   #13
SCOBER11
Racer

Yeah, but we can load up the trailer and race anywhere against the same spec of rules....................just face it FF1600 is the best.................. now anyone want to buy a good one
Old 15 Sep 2009, 18:17 (Ref:2541439)   #14
Kershaw
Rookie

Ireland
Dublin
The FRenault boys must have a terrible superiority complex going on looking down at you FFord guys, not to mention what the F3 boys must think

Quote:
anyone want to buy a good one
Only if you promise me 25 others to pit myself against every week without getting 250 quids worth of ferry expenditure in order to have a GOOD race
Old 15 Sep 2009, 18:48 (Ref:2541455)   #15
av8rirl
Veteran

Ireland
Ireland
Quote:
Yeah, but we can load up the trailer and race anywhere against the same spec of rules....................just face it FF1600 is the best.................. now anyone want to buy a good one
Do you still have a Crossle?

You doing the Festival and WHT this year?
Old 16 Sep 2009, 17:47 (Ref:2542231)   #16
SCOBER11
Racer

Just the WHT for me to busy at work to take off time for Brands...........................................8 top quality drivers to race against would be a lot better than 30 average ones...............................I love winding up VEE drivers ya get such a great response
Old 16 Sep 2009, 18:19 (Ref:2542263)   #17
av8rirl
Veteran

Ireland
Ireland
Well I watched your luck at the WHT the last two years... so are you really sure you want to do the WHT??

Are you sure you don't secretly harbour wishes to race a Vee but are afraid your FF buddies will look down their nose at you?? Go on... admit its true... inside every FF driver is a closet Vee fan!!!
Old 16 Sep 2009, 23:42 (Ref:2542484)   #18
Kershaw
Rookie

Ireland
Dublin
Are my responses that good?

8 top quality drivers in FFord??

and just to add....

But really, a good grid of either is brilliant to watch, just so happens Vees have full grids here. And we have to go the the WHT to see a good grid of FHonda....I mean FFord!
Old 17 Sep 2009, 06:48 (Ref:2542607)   #19
Graz
Veteran

Ireland
Graz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Old 17 Sep 2009, 17:41 (Ref:2542933)   #20
SCOBER11
Racer

I'm determined to have better luck at WHT this year, if i'm going off then i'm bringing loads of them with me
Old 17 Sep 2009, 22:31 (Ref:2543110)   #21
av8rirl
Veteran

Ireland
Ireland
Watch out for that big beach in front of the BRDC stand!! You're not supposed to be digging in it!!
Old 17 Sep 2009, 23:43 (Ref:2543144)   #22
Kershaw
Rookie

Ireland
Dublin
Quote:
if i'm going off then i'm bringing loads of them with me
Out with a bang!! Always the best way
Old 18 Sep 2009, 20:03 (Ref:2543581)   #23
SCOBER11
Racer

Its so slippy there when its wet i have never driven on a track that loses all its grip so quick.
Old 21 Sep 2009, 01:29 (Ref:2544627)   #24
Me and My Swift
Rookie

Ireland
Meath
Me and My Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It is a pity you won't load your FF's up more often and come about and support the class instead of talking about it!!
Old 22 Sep 2009, 17:14 (Ref:2546108)   #25
SCOBER11
Racer

I'll do what i want when i want just like the rest of the drivers.