Old 11 Aug 2005, 20:46 (Ref:1380170)   #1
Louis B.
Veteran

Canada
home
Louis B. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Heidfeld could have signed with BAR!!!

See: http://www.sportnetwork.net/main/s16....htm?fromrss=1

If this is accurate, where will end up RB?
Old 11 Aug 2005, 20:51 (Ref:1380178)   #2
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
at BAR.

Jenson is leaving, remember
Old 11 Aug 2005, 20:52 (Ref:1380179)   #3
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
If we take it that Jenson will move to Wiilliams (and that the option demmands a race seat), then Nick moves to BAR and joins Rubens with Sato being shunted to testing probably.

It seems to me like Williams and BAR have worked out an arrangement.
Old 11 Aug 2005, 20:55 (Ref:1380186)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It hasn't been confirmed, but it looks like RB is safe at BAR. Sato perhaps not as from BAR's POV it seems quite easy. If they lose Button then they have Heidfeld because presumably Williams will release him (notwithstanding that Webber thread!*). If they keep him they don't.

*perhaps BAR should sign Webber too. Then we have three seats in two teams, we just won't know which way round they will be. Or maybe Williams should sign Rubens too Or Sato.
Old 11 Aug 2005, 21:09 (Ref:1380193)   #5
Louis B.
Veteran

Canada
home
Out of fear that KB would post the scoop before me, I started the thread before reading comprehensively the article. I still don't know if we can rely on it but I note that this contract would in fact be an option to be triggered by Jenson's departure from BAR.

I doubt very much that Heidfeld's agent would agree to anything with a risk of having Heidfeld ending out with no seat if Button was somehow able to remain with BAR. IMO, if those news are accurate, it can only mean that Williams have also exercised their option with Heidfeld should Jenson not join them. In other words, Heidfeld won't go to BWM whatever happens with Button (unless all this hides a triparties domino deal also involving BMW ).

Interesting to say the least...
Old 11 Aug 2005, 21:14 (Ref:1380199)   #6
Louis B.
Veteran

Canada
home
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutton
If we take it that Jenson will move to Wiilliams (and that the option demmands a race seat), then Nick moves to BAR and joins Rubens with Sato being shunted to testing probably.

It seems to me like Williams and BAR have worked out an arrangement.
Sorry. I missed your post as I was drafting mine. You said in one sentence what I tried to say in too many words.

Old 11 Aug 2005, 21:14 (Ref:1380200)   #7
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
That was my meaning with regards Jenson and Nick, they will swap or stay where they are.

LMAO @ fear of KB posting the scoop first......lolololol. Man, that cracks me up. Don't take that in some bad way, it is just the phrasing....combinedwith the image it produces in my head. Makes me giggle.

An interesting scenario it is, though, for sure.
Old 11 Aug 2005, 21:16 (Ref:1380203)   #8
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
LOL, and I just put my additional one as you were drafting that one! LOL

What a team!
Old 11 Aug 2005, 21:45 (Ref:1380225)   #9
Louis B.
Veteran

Canada
home
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutton
LOL, and I just put my additional one as you were drafting that one! LOL

What a team!
Could you be the One? Let's meet midway over the weekend at, say, Reykjavik, Iceland. I am told that the sunsets there are gorgeous at this time of the year.

P.S. I must tell you that I have a wife and kids but she is bored to death by f1 such that...
Old 11 Aug 2005, 21:50 (Ref:1380229)   #10
Louis B.
Veteran

Canada
home
Back on topic: Would this also mean "Sayonara" (I am not sure how to spell that) Mr. Sato?
Old 11 Aug 2005, 21:51 (Ref:1380231)   #11
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Putting the dating service aspect this site appears to have recently taken on, the chances are that this is BAR's way of ensuring that they have 2 top line drivers for next year. Rubens and Nick would be an excellent team, and it'll be interesting to see how Webber v Button would unfold.
Old 11 Aug 2005, 22:04 (Ref:1380243)   #12
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Sato will be test driver (or nothing) regardless, since it will be iether RB/JB or RB/NH.

I would say it both BAR's and Williams' way of ensuring that, no matter what, they both can be sure of having solid driver line-ups.
Old 11 Aug 2005, 22:55 (Ref:1380270)   #13
Louis B.
Veteran

Canada
home
Now I understand why so many drivers want to stay at or sign with BAR. See: http://auto.web-log.nl/log/3235963
Old 12 Aug 2005, 00:07 (Ref:1380307)   #14
Silk Cut Jaguar
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, UK
Silk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSilk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If it does come to fruition then I expect Sato will be moved to the third driver role, I'll be disappointed if he does vanish from the grid but at I suppose he'll show up elsewhere in a Honda powered something.
Old 12 Aug 2005, 00:19 (Ref:1380312)   #15
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Cut Jaguar
...I suppose he'll show up elsewhere in a Honda powered something.
Lawnmower?
Old 12 Aug 2005, 01:06 (Ref:1380327)   #16
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I am stunned by this!!!!

I was marking KB's words that Button and Heidfeld WILL BE the Williams driver lineup for 2006!

What can I say?

I'm speechless.
Old 12 Aug 2005, 01:23 (Ref:1380331)   #17
nkh
Racer

Denmark
Copenhagen
nkh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
I was marking KB's words that Button and Heidfeld WILL BE the Williams driver lineup for 2006!
Well, that's easily solved by BAR signing Fisichella too
Old 12 Aug 2005, 01:37 (Ref:1380335)   #18
NO1SPECIAL
Racer

NO1SPECIAL has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
originally by mac
Quote:
I am stunned by this!!!!

What can I say?

I'm speechless.
Today 10:19
You said it!

I can't believe it! Webber even denied the Renault swap rumour!

It looks like he might be staying at Williams next year...possibly even as a racing driver!!!

Bloody hell, who woulda thought?
Old 12 Aug 2005, 01:44 (Ref:1380339)   #19
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Cut Jaguar
I'll be disappointed if he (Sato) does vanish from the grid .............................
I don't see why!! we're used to it by now
Old 12 Aug 2005, 08:15 (Ref:1380460)   #20
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Of course, there is a thread about the Webber Williams situation. It was set up specifically for that reason you cite. After all the complaints about that thread I am surprised that some want to turn this one into a copy of it.
Old 12 Aug 2005, 12:17 (Ref:1380639)   #21
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yea, we'll run this thread under the assumption that the other Williams seat goes to either Webber or Fisichella. It looks as if Williams will work at getting Jenson to join them, and run Heidfeld otherwise, with whoever's left going to BAR alongside Rubens (although I haven't seen anything official about that deal). BAR might've pulled a crafty one on BMW by offering Nick a contract first.
Old 12 Aug 2005, 12:40 (Ref:1380680)   #22
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
From Nick's perspective, of the three supposed options, Williams, BMW and BAR, the last is clearly the best prospect for next year. Williams are in disarray and have lost a work's engine supply and BMW/Sauber will take a few seasons to get up to pace.

A pairing of Barrichello and Heidfeld would give BAR a very strong team.
Old 12 Aug 2005, 17:20 (Ref:1380820)   #23
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
True EERO, I would go for BAR from Nick's position.
Old 12 Aug 2005, 17:26 (Ref:1380827)   #24
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis B.
Now I understand why so many drivers want to stay at or sign with BAR. See: http://auto.web-log.nl/log/3235963
I will go there for free
Old 12 Aug 2005, 17:37 (Ref:1380832)   #25
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As long as Nick is in a competitive car once again next season, I don't mind if he's at Williams or BAR.

BAR would be the better option at this point in time though. At least they'll have works engines.