Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 22 Mar 2006, 03:36 (Ref:1556959)   #1
asha
Veteran

asha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Actual World Champ Predictions - Who will it be?

My guess for the end of the year will look something like this.

Motogp: Monkey Rossi (although i'm not happy about it)
250: Loopy Lorenzo
125: Alervo Bautista (outsider, even thou kallo is the fav) (this prediction may have something to do with the fact taht I named my cat after him!)
Old 22 Mar 2006, 09:52 (Ref:1557423)   #2
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
Is he Alvaro? What is your cat's name, Alv*** or Bautista?

I had a cat that I should have named "Barros" because he used to crash a lot everywhere (but he didn't like water, though)
Old 24 Mar 2006, 09:09 (Ref:1559437)   #3
asha
Veteran

His name is Alvaro *meow*
Old 24 Mar 2006, 14:42 (Ref:1559656)   #4
Bleu
Veteran

Finland
Espoo, Finland
Bleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MotoGP: I will not put too much value for pre-season. Rossi is still a big favourite. In recent years he has been on top for every race and rarely has DNF. "Bad" finish for Rossi is 3rd or 4th, while others will be much lower than that if they are in trouble over the race.

250: Lorenzo and Dovizioso are my two biggest favourites for the title. Neither has won a race yet, but it doesn't mean much. (Dovi won his 125 title without winning a race before). I hope that Porto will return to better form, but still think that young guns are better.

125: This will be a close battle again I think. Will we finally see end to that legendary 55-race-streak this year? Lüthi may suffer from his pre-season injury for first few races. His best competitors (Kallio, Pasini, Talmacsi, Faubel) need to get couple of good positions in early races. But every year we see some big disappointments and some big surprises especially in this class. I predict Espargaro to be biggest surprise and series returnee Corsi being disappointing. Let's see how my predictions go.
Old 24 Mar 2006, 15:34 (Ref:1559683)   #5
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
Now I know what is going to happen this season in FIM GP!

Blue was so accurate last year that I am afraid he has spoilt the whole championship!

I see Rossi as overwhelming favourite in MotoGP too. And I have to agree with asha and Blue about the raw speed of "mad" Lorenzo. Last year I was confident of the talent of Dovi, I suppose I must be even more this second year.

In 125 it is so difficult to foresee... Being Alvaro a cat I'd vote for him apriori, but I think I'll be open at least until many races have passed.
Old 24 Mar 2006, 15:55 (Ref:1559695)   #6
Oaksnaf
Veteran

Australia
Oaksnaf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Moto GP, i sincerly hope Marco can win the title, Rossi is obviously favourite though with Edwards second you would presume.

Id love to see Randy, Stoner do extremely well and peform to the best of their ability.

But heart over head, or head over heart, Marco will win!

250: Porto! Please Porto Please. Otherwise of course the talented lolly pop or Dovi.

125cc ill need to do some research!
Old 25 Mar 2006, 03:40 (Ref:1560045)   #7
asha
Veteran

I really dont see Porto doing well at all this year. That Honda just doesn't seem to like the larger framed riders, just ask Roby Rolfo. It was perfect for Kato & Dani who weigh in at about 40kgs.

But I just think that Porto (who is probably 55-60kgs) will suffer the same way that Roby did. That said, honda didn't make a lot of effort to match the bike to his size. I hope that Honda dont make a habit of signing good riders for 'inbetween' seasons while they wait for those rare but talented 4 ft. 30kg riders.