Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

View Poll Results: Which cars max 3.5litres
Sportscars 1968 - 1985 0 0%
Sportscars Up to 1985 0 0%
GT 1968 - 1985 0 0%
GT Up to 1985 0 0%
Saloons 1968 - 1985 0 0%
Saloons Up to 1985 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 25 Jun 2009, 09:14 (Ref:2490304)   #151
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Possibly they would, but the criteria for this one may well mean the cars are more recent than 1965.
Old 25 Jun 2009, 09:16 (Ref:2490306)   #152
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
which is why I suggested them rather than HSCC....
Old 25 Jun 2009, 09:18 (Ref:2490307)   #153
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Lol,

What about 70's Roadsports?
Old 25 Jun 2009, 09:24 (Ref:2490310)   #154
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Lol,

What about 70's Roadsports?
Yep, they are welcome!
Old 25 Jun 2009, 10:56 (Ref:2490359)   #155
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble View Post
JohnGee I am comforted to hear that as you do add credibility (no disrespect meant to the others but this is his area of expertese) to the event happening!!! Why dont Masters put one on?
Simon - there's a number of options under consideration including the one you've mentioned.
However, I'm determined that a) it will happen and b) it will be run, at no profit, for the benefit of the competitors...... which could limit its' appeal to certain organising clubs
Old 25 Jun 2009, 11:32 (Ref:2490369)   #156
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
And C is for the committee to be organised.
Old 25 Jun 2009, 11:48 (Ref:2490376)   #157
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Iain, you havent's answered your message.
Old 25 Jun 2009, 11:52 (Ref:2490377)   #158
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thats not all he hasnt done today!
Old 25 Jun 2009, 12:21 (Ref:2490398)   #159
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Sorry boy's no messages received here.Try using the phone.
Old 25 Jun 2009, 12:26 (Ref:2490405)   #160
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Sorry boy's no messages received here.Try using the phone.
Ian

I think what Peter means is the message inviting you to join our offline discussion group
Old 25 Jun 2009, 12:38 (Ref:2490414)   #161
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've just sent an invite to Max,I thought he could give you a hand John see-ing as he'll soon need something to be involved in.
Old 25 Jun 2009, 12:41 (Ref:2490420)   #162
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perhaps he can organise the post race party!
Old 25 Jun 2009, 12:44 (Ref:2490423)   #163
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
I've just sent an invite to Max,I thought he could give you a hand John see-ing as he'll soon need something to be involved in.
There's only two people in the world that I DONT want to give me a hand.....he's one and you know who the other one is!!!!
Old 25 Jun 2009, 12:48 (Ref:2490429)   #164
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngee View Post
There's only two people in the world that I DONT want to give me a hand.....he's one and you know who the other one is!!!!

Its OK John,he just wrote back saying he thinks he'll be too tied up to be of any help.
Old 25 Jun 2009, 13:18 (Ref:2490443)   #165
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngee View Post
I don't know Ive joined committee but would still rather sit down around a table.
Old 25 Jun 2009, 13:47 (Ref:2490454)   #166
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

Quote:
I don't know Ive joined committee but would still rather sit down around a table.
Ian. I'm sure that you're right but I think its good to give certain things a good airing in the interests of then being very focussed when we do meet.
I'm sure that finding a place and time to meet up, will be more of a challenge than organising the race
Old 25 Jun 2009, 14:07 (Ref:2490468)   #167
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
OK.
Old 25 Jun 2009, 15:33 (Ref:2490510)   #168
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
so what is the current thinking of eligible cars?
Old 25 Jun 2009, 15:48 (Ref:2490517)   #169
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble View Post
so what is the current thinking of eligible cars?
Still under discussion Simon. We want to be as inclusive as possible a) to get a good variety of historic/classic (however you define that! ) cars, b) to appeal to the widest possible market of competitors for the maximum entry (and therefore lowest entry cost) and c) a realistic and competitive class structure.

If b) works we might get two heats and a final!

I'm sure there'll be something suitable for you!
Old 25 Jun 2009, 16:06 (Ref:2490526)   #170
NICK ALLISON
Racer

England
london
NICK ALLISON should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Silverstone would be ideal because of the facilities .I understand Goodwood is licensed for 5 days racing but only use three !
How about two car per team relay both cars in the team roughly same make ,model build year wearing number + A or B suffix.One off circuit being fuelled and made good while the other races ,then swop over whether it is after one hour or three as many times as you like. Just a thought.
Old 25 Jun 2009, 16:14 (Ref:2490533)   #171
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

All to be fed into the equation Nick. At the moment the balance of opinion seems to be for a one entrant format but with snatch and return infield to garages/pits and continue, if break down on circuit. That's one of the reasons for Silverstone being a favoured option.
Can I assume that we've now found our Chief Pit Marshal?
Old 25 Jun 2009, 16:43 (Ref:2490545)   #172
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
ChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Been following this thread with interest. Silverstone would be the ideal circuit for this type of event. I hope you can get it together John, I for one will be there, either as your S/C observer or as an observer on the bank.
Old 25 Jun 2009, 17:45 (Ref:2490574)   #173
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA View Post
Been following this thread with interest. Silverstone would be the ideal circuit for this type of event. I hope you can get it together John, I for one will be there, either as your S/C observer or as an observer on the bank.
You'll be there Chris - that's a promise
Old 25 Jun 2009, 18:11 (Ref:2490585)   #174
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Hey John do you remember me saying we should get together for a curry night. Well?
Old 25 Jun 2009, 18:29 (Ref:2490596)   #175
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

Quote:
Hey John do you remember me saying we should get together for a curry night. Well?
That's the most sensible suggestion so far!!!!!!
Definitely up for that!

Tags
alternative 6hrs, classic cars, cscc, ctcrc, mgcc bcv8