Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Which will be the first 2020 GP?
Australia 0 0%
Bahrain 0 0%
Vietnam 0 0%
China 0 0%
Netherlands 0 0%
Spain 0 0%
Monaco 0 0%
Azerbaijan 0 0%
Canada 2 5.13%
France 2 5.13%
Austria 1 2.56%
Britain 3 7.69%
Hungary 0 0%
Belgium 3 7.69%
Italy 0 0%
Singapore 2 5.13%
Russia 0 0%
Japan 2 5.13%
United States 1 2.56%
Mexico 0 0%
Brazil 0 0%
Abu Dhabi 2 5.13%
Somewhere else 0 0%
There will not be a 2020 GP 21 53.85%
There will never be another GP 0 0%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 8 Apr 2020, 17:05 (Ref:3969393)   #801
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
The only thing I could find regarding an extension to the lockdown was this. I won't be surprised if it is extended across the UK, three weeks always seemed too short. However, an initial 3 week period was probably easier to present to the general public.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-52215421
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
That’s exactly what I’ve seen. The government are going to analyse the situation at the end of the week and then make a decision
neither of these are relevant to the point that i'm making. f1 shutdown is different to lockdown. my point relates to the compulsory annual closedown that has been moved to free up the rest of the year, and has now been extended.
Old 8 Apr 2020, 17:19 (Ref:3969396)   #802
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
I'm all for it! Whilst his views are at best an outlandish form of attention seeking, and at worst the warblings of a very damaged individual we have every reason to be a little sceptical about the governance of our lives and the world at large these days!!
Just this week he did a YouTube live broadcast that had 60+ thousand viewers, where he wibbled about the demonstrably invalid claims that 5G causes coronavirus and that the vaccine being developed for SARS-CoV-2 will contain nano-particle chips that will allow the powers-that-be to control everyone on the planet.

That's downright dangerous, not simply fantasy or even conspiracy.

Damaged possibly, but to turn your final statement on its' head, we have every reason to be sceptical about fanciful claims and demonstrable lies, too.

No F1 content I know but the current acceptance of stuff with no substance as fact boils my... y'know. It's cool to be ignorant, apparently, and it's cooler to decry provable theories and published science with random gibberish off the Internet.
Old 8 Apr 2020, 18:32 (Ref:3969409)   #803
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes.

But will the GP be cancelled?

And why should David Icke be tarred with the epithet 'loony' merely because he has a pet halibut? That's what I want to know!
Old 8 Apr 2020, 18:40 (Ref:3969413)   #804
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Yes.

But will the GP be cancelled?

And why should David Icke be tarred with the epithet 'loony' merely because he has a pet halibut? That's what I want to know!
I didn't know he had a pet Halibut. What's it called?
Old 8 Apr 2020, 18:44 (Ref:3969415)   #805
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
It's cool to be ignorant, apparently, and it's cooler to decry provable theories and published science with random gibberish off the Internet.
Exactly. Such as why do people believe in a flat earth? All of their arguments are bad and can be disproved. But they like a feeling of "being in the know" and having one up on all of the rest of us "mindless sheep who are trapped by what we have been told" (they conveniently ignore they are also just repeating things they have seen on YouTube). I think narcissism is involved as well.

Richard
Old 8 Apr 2020, 18:45 (Ref:3969417)   #806
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
"For the"?

Richard
Old 8 Apr 2020, 19:26 (Ref:3969420)   #807
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Not Brian, for sure!
Old 8 Apr 2020, 19:42 (Ref:3969424)   #808
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Not Brian, for sure!

Eric?
Old 8 Apr 2020, 20:57 (Ref:3969437)   #809
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Seems appropriate, there has always been something fishy about that Mr Icke
Old 9 Apr 2020, 02:56 (Ref:3969484)   #810
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
I suspect somebody in full fireproofs with helmets on has better protection than some of the PPE that is been used at the moment.
That might be but the SD rules are the rules and no exceptions allowed away from the medical world so that idea will not fly.
Old 9 Apr 2020, 03:45 (Ref:3969488)   #811
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Three weeks, Oz is SIX months to start with..
Old 9 Apr 2020, 05:32 (Ref:3969507)   #812
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=chillibowl;3969352]David Ike or did you mean David Icke?

I think you know exactly who I meant .....
Old 9 Apr 2020, 05:42 (Ref:3969509)   #813
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
UK lockdown likely to be extended into at least May, which will be after Silverstone have to make their decision on the GP, so do they gamble and press ahead with commiting to the pre-race set up and costs in the hope that the lockdown is lifted for big public gatherings by the race?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
Old 9 Apr 2020, 06:14 (Ref:3969515)   #814
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I don't see how anyone with an ounce of sense can do that. I don't know if they can even apply for the MSUK permit to run the event. If MSUK decides to withhold permits for another month, that's it. Dead in the water.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 9 Apr 2020, 08:34 (Ref:3969537)   #815
Casper
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
UK lockdown likely to be extended into at least May, which will be after Silverstone have to make their decision on the GP, so do they gamble and press ahead with commiting to the pre-race set up and costs in the hope that the lockdown is lifted for big public gatherings by the race?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
How long does it take to develop and distribute a vaccine, work that out and get back to us because that is when normal public crowds will be allowed. No politician is going to risk his career by allowing any crowd gatherings before hand.
Old 9 Apr 2020, 09:08 (Ref:3969539)   #816
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Interesting podcast on the Autosport site with Jean Todt. Talks about how he feels going to Australia was right at the time, but lessons should be learned from it too. He also talks about how important the fans are and that they would prefer to have fans at the event, rather than be behind closed doors
Old 9 Apr 2020, 09:48 (Ref:3969550)   #817
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
I don't see how anyone with an ounce of sense can do that. I don't know if they can even apply for the MSUK permit to run the event. If MSUK decides to withhold permits for another month, that's it. Dead in the water.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
i think msuk will do well to hold on for at least another month before making a decision about july. we don’t know what’s happening in a month, let alone three.

you make a good point though. wonder if they’d still have to pay the f1 fee if it was held behind closed doors?
Old 9 Apr 2020, 09:56 (Ref:3969552)   #818
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
How long does it take to develop and distribute a vaccine, work that out and get back to us because that is when normal public crowds will be allowed. No politician is going to risk his career by allowing any crowd gatherings before hand.
personal opinion is that they will be using antibody testing, social distancing and some ppe to reopen workplaces and restart the country - the economy will not survive the length of time needed to develop a vaccine and produce it in significant numbers.
Old 9 Apr 2020, 10:03 (Ref:3969553)   #819
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
The absolute soonest a vaccine will be available-presuming the one at the most advanced clinical stage at the moment works-is the middle of 2021.
Old 9 Apr 2020, 10:23 (Ref:3969557)   #820
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
There has never been a vaccine for a coronavirus. All 18 of them.....
Old 9 Apr 2020, 10:58 (Ref:3969563)   #821
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
exactly. it'll be a major breakthrough if it happens.
Old 9 Apr 2020, 10:58 (Ref:3969564)   #822
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The 19 bit is the year it was discovered not a catalogue number.
Old 9 Apr 2020, 11:20 (Ref:3969567)   #823
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
The 19 bit is the year it was discovered not a catalogue number.
True - there is a lot of misunderstanding (and lack of attention to detail) about how things are referred to.
The issue is not just here, it seems to be present in the majority of media sources and other agencies.

There have not been 18 previous strains, in fact there have been hundreds (if not thousands).
Two of theses strains have caused outbreaks of significant disease in the human population. SARS-Cov1 (2002-2004) and SARS-Cov2 (2019-ongoing).

Spreading false information helps no-one.

For clarity:

The virus strain is 'Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2'
A previous strain of the same virus caused the outbreak known as 'SARS' and are both part of the 'Severe acute respiratory syndrome-related coronavirus'

The current strain has been colloquially known as 'Coronavirus' as well as the designation '2019-nCoV'. It is this strain that causes the disease 'COrona Virus Disease 2019 - COVID-19'.
Old 9 Apr 2020, 11:22 (Ref:3969568)   #824
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
his point still stands, though.
Old 9 Apr 2020, 11:31 (Ref:3969571)   #825
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
his point still stands, though.
It doesn't though and is not presented in an accurate way.

There has never been a vaccine developed for any of the hundreds of strains of Coronavirus, except for one.
A vaccine for SARS-Cov1 (the only other strain of Coronavirus that has caused a human outbreak) has been developed and is undergoing clinical trials under the identifier NCT00533741.

The key point is not that a vaccine will not be developed, but that it has taken about 16 years to develop.