Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 9 Mar 2009, 04:56 (Ref:2411821)   #1
KE30MAN
Racer

KE30MAN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who's bought Heathcote Raceway? (title edited since the original proved incorrect)

A little birdie has told me that Mick Ronke and some associates have purchased Heathcote Park Raceway?

Are they going to build a circuit? Are they going to run the drag strip?

Interesting news, makes another option for use crow eaters who are sick of Mallala!
Old 9 Mar 2009, 05:14 (Ref:2411825)   #2
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
Silver 3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I heard the someone who bought it already has a drag strip or 2.
Old 9 Mar 2009, 05:46 (Ref:2411834)   #3
KE30MAN
Racer

Interesting, my mail is that Mick has bought it with Rodney, not the old man.
Old 9 Mar 2009, 05:51 (Ref:2411835)   #4
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I heard a team from up Mildura way grabbed it.
Old 9 Mar 2009, 05:56 (Ref:2411836)   #5
KE30MAN
Racer

C'mon, there are a few Ronkes in the forum here. Anyone care to confirm or deny?
Old 9 Mar 2009, 06:04 (Ref:2411840)   #6
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
I heard that the guy who own (or did own Heathcote depending on who your listening to) wasnt interesting in selling?

If this is true must've been a good offer.
Old 9 Mar 2009, 06:17 (Ref:2411846)   #7
Rombles1
Veteran

Australia
Facebook
Rombles1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OK, I'm a crow-eater with no particular beef with Mallala (apart from it being the wrong side of town). Where is Heathcote Park Raceway?
Old 9 Mar 2009, 06:20 (Ref:2411847)   #8
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
I am sticking with my mail-- further --also says is it will not be running anything in the forseeable future.
Old 9 Mar 2009, 06:31 (Ref:2411852)   #9
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver 3 View Post
I heard the someone who bought it already has a drag strip or 2.
Apparently this has been denied by the owners of Heatcote Park in the latest issue of Dragster Australia...

[which I haven't seen but was told about so this is 2nd hand info]...

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 9 Mar 2009, 06:33 (Ref:2411853)   #10
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wish I could comment, but alas the sources are dry, even PVDA don't know for sure.
Old 9 Mar 2009, 06:58 (Ref:2411863)   #11
Rachel Richards
Racer

Wake Island
In a small house by the sea
Rachel Richards should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Trev View Post
I wish I could comment, but alas the sources are dry, even PVDA don't know for sure.
Trev, I'm brave enough to dip a toe in the water. In the last week, I have heard the following rumours, from a number of reasonably reliable sources.

• The Di-Fillipo family (Top Fuel racers) have bought it.
  • A consortium involving Mick Ronke & the President of the BAC have bought it.
  • Rodney Jane (CEO, Jane Corp, and financial controller of the Jane Family Trust) has sacked every employee at Calder Park except the gardener/maintainence guy. Yes this is alleged to include one former multiple Touring Car Champion, one Robert Jane. Massive recent cost blowouts is the alleged reason.
  • The 'New World Class Melbourne Drag Racing Complex' is now a certainty to be built.

The ones listed above I havn't heard are:

PVDA; I dont think it is Phil Lammatina who has bought Heathcote.
Rich07; Russell Clarke is terminally ill with lung cancer, he is very interested in selling.
Silver; after the belt tightening by Rodney, I can't see Bob buying 2 lt of milk without a signed approval in the near future.

KE30 MAN, you may well be the winner of the meat tray, dont throw away that ticket quite yet........
Old 9 Mar 2009, 07:03 (Ref:2411864)   #12
KE30MAN
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rombles1 View Post
OK, I'm a crow-eater with no particular beef with Mallala (apart from it being the wrong side of town). Where is Heathcote Park Raceway?
No beef with Mallala either, except that one can only do so many laps of a single race track before boredom sets in.

Heathcote is near Bendigo.
Old 9 Mar 2009, 08:17 (Ref:2411912)   #13
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rombles1 View Post
Click Here

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 9 Mar 2009, 08:41 (Ref:2411927)   #14
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Trev View Post
If the 2 of you don't know--who the hell does?
Old 9 Mar 2009, 08:48 (Ref:2411932)   #15
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel Richards View Post
Trev, I'm brave enough to dip a toe in the water. In the last week, I have heard the following rumours, from a number of reasonably reliable sources.

[LIST]
[*]Rodney Jane (CEO, Jane Corp, and financial controller of the Jane Family Trust) has sacked every employee at Calder Park except the gardener/maintainence guy. Yes this is alleged to include one former multiple Touring Car Champion, one Robert Jane. Massive recent cost blowouts is the alleged reason
Silver; after the belt tightening by Rodney, I can't see Bob buying 2 lt of milk without a signed approval in the near future.
KE30 MAN, you may well be the winner of the meat tray, dont throw away that ticket quite yet........
I will donate the tray and a whole heap more if that is true. It would change the future of motor racing if it was true.
Old 9 Mar 2009, 08:50 (Ref:2411936)   #16
profi
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
profi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

• The Di-Fillipo family (Top Fuel racers) have bought it.
  • A consortium involving Mick Ronke & the President of the BAC have bought it.
  • Rodney Jane (CEO, Jane Corp, and financial controller of the Jane Family Trust) has sacked every employee at Calder Park except the gardener/maintainence guy. Yes this is alleged to include one former multiple Touring Car Champion, one Robert Jane. Massive recent cost blowouts is the alleged reason.
  • The 'New World Class Melbourne Drag Racing Complex' is now a certainty to be built.

The ones listed above I havn't heard are:

PVDA; I dont think it is Phil Lammatina who has bought Heathcote.
Rich07; Russell Clarke is terminally ill with lung cancer, he is very interested in selling.

Thats very similar to what the little birdie has told me.

Is this true about the new drag track if so will it be heathcote or near Avalon airport
Old 9 Mar 2009, 09:05 (Ref:2411942)   #17
Adam Ronke
Racer

Australia
Between Winton & Wakefield
Adam Ronke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not true!
Old 9 Mar 2009, 09:16 (Ref:2411952)   #18
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
Quote:

The Powder Room is suggesting a combination of issues here with the main one being track insurance...

Old 9 Mar 2009, 09:19 (Ref:2411958)   #19
profi
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ronke View Post
Not true!
What is true then??????????????????????
Old 9 Mar 2009, 09:21 (Ref:2411961)   #20
Adam Ronke
Racer

Australia
what is true is that "Ronke and Co" have not bought Heathcote Raceway. Rumour finished!
Old 9 Mar 2009, 09:29 (Ref:2411966)   #21
profi
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
Quote:
what is true is that "Ronke and Co" have not bought Heathcote Raceway. Rumour finished!
Do you know anything about the new drag strip that was supposed to built in Lara?

Cheers Liam
Old 9 Mar 2009, 10:04 (Ref:2411983)   #22
KE30MAN
Racer

Quote:
So who has?
Old 9 Mar 2009, 10:31 (Ref:2412003)   #23
Rachel Richards
Racer

Wake Island
In a small house by the sea
Rachel Richards should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by KE30MAN View Post
So who has?
Maybe " Winton Motor Raceway, Pty Limited "

Or someone else completely different ?
Old 9 Mar 2009, 11:20 (Ref:2412050)   #24
Rombles1
Veteran

Australia
Facebook
Rombles1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by KE30MAN View Post
No beef with Mallala either, except that one can only do so many laps of a single race track before boredom sets in.

Heathcote is near Bendigo.
Bendigo, right. At least its the right side of town. Not exactly more convenient though!

Oh, and Adam, it will take more than a statement like that to end the rumour. The Ten-Tenths Forensics Department will be sure to disect your answer to see what alternative twists the rumour can be given, without you being wrong . I doubt that anything short of an announcement from someone who has never met a Ronke that they have bought it would be seen a "proof".
Old 9 Mar 2009, 11:58 (Ref:2412076)   #25
Adam Ronke
Racer

Australia
The last I heard was that Lindsay Fox had bought it, but I don't think so. I also heard Bob Jane had. So I guess it is certain the rumour would come out about us. Maybe the next one will be the Victorian Racing Club (Sandown), that way it will be rumoured that all Victorian track owners have bought it. Hang on, here is a better one, maybe all of the Victorian track owners have banded together and bought it.

Pick that to pieces!! lol