Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 23 Mar 2005, 17:00 (Ref:1259923)   #26
Valker
Veteran

Finland
Tampere, Finland
Valker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So Hollings wasn't using Nation class Mugen? Weird. Can't understand why... Trying to find new sponsors with top times?
Old 23 Mar 2005, 17:24 (Ref:1259948)   #27
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Gaz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Combined Times -

1. Conway 1.13.808
2. Senna + 0.341
3. Walker +0.382
4. Dirani
5. Hollings
6. Asmer
7. Jelley
8. Kimball
9. Lewis
10. Bridgman

So Conway finishes at the top and by quite some distance but good effort by Bruno Senna at a circuit he's never driven. Now again its only testing but what do people reckon on Bruno he seems to have the pace, similar to his short stint in BMW but he didn't have the racecraft then.
Old 23 Mar 2005, 19:59 (Ref:1260115)   #28
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i'm going to say it in public now, so loads of people can hold it against me later in the season (so i'm saying it in a thread where hopefully people will forget it exists ) but i think bruno senna is going to be one to watch. i reserve the right to dig myself out of that after donington, but i do think he might be worth watching.
Old 23 Mar 2005, 20:58 (Ref:1260183)   #29
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Actually...if two cars built to the same specs can go the same speed; i say pooh-pooh to these big teams and drivers who cant get new cars running faster than old ones.
Old 23 Mar 2005, 21:37 (Ref:1260206)   #30
wh00t
Rookie

wh00t should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pretty impressive what Senna is showing, especially taking his little experience into account!

But Conway has got quite a gap, djees... :|

Last edited by wh00t; 23 Mar 2005 at 21:38.
Old 23 Mar 2005, 23:22 (Ref:1260269)   #31
SFonseca
Veteran

Portugal
Canelas, Portugal
SFonseca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger
What happened to Parente, did he lose (some) sponsor(s)?
He is still waiting for Starzone and Fundação LuÃ*s Figo decision to know where he's going to race...

No National Class test at Croft?
Old 24 Mar 2005, 12:15 (Ref:1260616)   #32
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFonseca
No National Class test at Croft?
Both classes tested together at Croft. For the full times, go to: http://www.msttiming.com/meeting.asp...005&eventtype=
Old 24 Mar 2005, 12:19 (Ref:1260619)   #33
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella
i'm going to say it in public now, so loads of people can hold it against me later in the season (so i'm saying it in a thread where hopefully people will forget it exists ) but i think bruno senna is going to be one to watch. i reserve the right to dig myself out of that after donington, but i do think he might be worth watching.
Noted and filed for future reference. Disappointed to read the cop out proviso, though.
Old 24 Mar 2005, 18:14 (Ref:1260962)   #34
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Senna will be one to watch although the field as good as it could be. By the way is Bruno Senna the litte lad who was in the Senna film when they were on the Jet Ski.
Old 24 Mar 2005, 20:29 (Ref:1261076)   #35
hmmmm
Rookie

hmmmm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
apparently there is not tha much difference between the b class championship engines so i should say that hollings just had no ballast. Which could have been why senna was up there and i dare say that there are quite a few othere drivers with no ballast.
Old 24 Mar 2005, 21:56 (Ref:1261121)   #36
Alan Green
Veteran

England
Doncaster
Alan Green should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bruno Senna showed a bit like this last season, great on his own (practice & qualifying) but seemed to lack any race-craft and ended up either off, damaged, or down the order in all the events I saw him at last year.

Maybe just lack of experience (or lack of knowing any better on my part) but I think some wait & see might be in order with him.

Al.
Old 26 Mar 2005, 14:59 (Ref:1262333)   #37
Zurich
Rookie

Switzerland
Zurich should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Green
Bruno Senna showed a bit like this last season, great on his own (practice & qualifying) but seemed to lack any race-craft and ended up either off, damaged, or down the order in all the events I saw him at last year.

Maybe just lack of experience (or lack of knowing any better on my part) but I think some wait & see might be in order with him.

Al.
Senna has great natural pace, but has only had three car races in his life, which is why he lacks race-craft.

Does anyone know who Justin Sherwood was testing for on Wednesday?
Old 26 Mar 2005, 17:44 (Ref:1262413)   #38
Zurich
Rookie

Switzerland
Can't I go back and edit my post??

Senna has done four races (my mistake), and I think Sherwood is with Performance?

Also, I did a lengthy pre-season interview with Tim Bridgman on Tuesday, which is on SingleSeaters.co.uk if anyone wants to read his thoughts on the coming season.

Last edited by Zurich; 26 Mar 2005 at 17:46.
Old 6 Apr 2005, 16:41 (Ref:1271833)   #39
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurich
Senna has done four races (my mistake), and I think Sherwood is with Performance?
I have a feeling Senna had done more than four races, even before the weekend.
Old 6 Apr 2005, 17:10 (Ref:1271864)   #40
Zurich
Rookie

Switzerland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Sowman
I have a feeling Senna had done more than four races, even before the weekend.
Well he told me that himself, so if you doubt it, take it up with him
Old 6 Apr 2005, 17:20 (Ref:1271874)   #41
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just checked (on your own site ) and he did six races in FBMW at the tail end of last year for a start, and I think he did (at least) Asian FRenault at Macau in the British off-season.

All that aside, he hasn't done many car races so we should expect him to find the learning curve rather steep. He certainly did at Donington...
Old 6 Apr 2005, 17:31 (Ref:1271884)   #42
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How then, does he have a license high enough to race Class A F3?
Old 6 Apr 2005, 17:32 (Ref:1271888)   #43
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There are ways, I think, to race in F3 even if you've never raced a car before.

Italian karters used to do it quite often
Old 6 Apr 2005, 22:22 (Ref:1272108)   #44
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Jarno Trulli, for one.
Old 7 Apr 2005, 13:18 (Ref:1272480)   #45
Zurich
Rookie

Switzerland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Sowman
Just checked (on your own site ) and he did six races in FBMW at the tail end of last year for a start, and I think he did (at least) Asian FRenault at Macau in the British off-season.
Cracking stuff! I'll have to be more careful about taking his word in future!

I think he was on the podium at Macau, but I also think Cheng won, so maybe not a huge achievement!