Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 11 Sep 2017, 12:03 (Ref:3766031)   #126
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
His dad Jonathan is not stupid, and I'm sure he now has the calculator out to determine the lump sum he will require to terminate his sons contract early, then I'm sure Joylyon will skip over the pond to either IRL or the IMSA series.

If Sato and Rossi can win the Indy 500, Joylyon should flourish over there
Old 11 Sep 2017, 15:51 (Ref:3766084)   #127
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
so it this Renault offering Sainz' a new contract or are RB just loaning him out for the 2018 season (and potentially the remainder of 2017)?

Palmer could still conceivably stay as the 3rd driver at Renault no?
Old 11 Sep 2017, 16:30 (Ref:3766096)   #128
cameronpoe
Rookie

cameronpoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Leave it out, did you not see Spa. He was driving at his best in quali, then his bad luck struck again. So he's not had the rub of the green, it would be a shame if he didn't get at least one point this season. It just wouldn't be justice
Been to quite a few GP this season and spent time in the pit lane etc , seen a lot of Palmer running slow or loosing track time, he has had a raw deal from Renault , it is impossible not to over drive when you have restricted running, the whole thing has been badly handled by Renault and leaves Palmer in a terrible position which he frankly does not deserve as you cant show your potential from the side of the circuit.
Old 11 Sep 2017, 21:54 (Ref:3766166)   #129
newlaprecord
Racer

Switzerland
Feusisberg
newlaprecord should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cameronpoe View Post
Been to quite a few GP this season and spent time in the pit lane etc , seen a lot of Palmer running slow or loosing track time, he has had a raw deal from Renault , it is impossible not to over drive when you have restricted running, the whole thing has been badly handled by Renault and leaves Palmer in a terrible position which he frankly does not deserve as you cant show your potential from the side of the circuit.
so did everyone

in all fairness, i think he posted some seriously and constantly competitive laptimes in spa (of all places) and ive read somewhere that spa was actually the first weekend of the season, when he was given the exact same spec as hulkenberg...

i dont think we are losing a big talent, but sure he would have looked much better if the team didnt use him as a guinea pig. also, from personal experience, he comes across as a genuine nice guy (maybe even too nice for f1), so while i dont think he is schumi, i do feel a little sorry, and certainly hope he will pull a few real confident boosting drives in whichever series he is heading to.