Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > Champ/Indy - Fantasy League/Predictions Contest

Old 23 May 2005, 20:01 (Ref:1308387)   #1
Omega99
Veteran

Canada
9Henday
Omega99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Monterrey Fantasy Grid Results

Luke, you need to check your PMs

Congratulations to me. I won. I also take the lead in the championship. You're all playing for second!

The high number of DNF's cost almost everyone. Most people lost at least one driver, and quite a few lost two.

Here are the race results:

Omega Motorsports: 54
Andrew Denman Racing: 53
Team Extreme: 53
TCH Grand Prix: 51
Team Frisbee: 45
Domenech Racing: 44
Team Effort: 41
Werdna Dawg Racing: 40
Team Smersh: 39
Maple City Racing: 37
Team Prodrive: 33
Crooks Motorsports: 31
Boehm American Racing: 31
Flavors of the World Racing: 25
The Unique and Special Snowflakes: 25
Speedworx Racing: 23
Crunkalicous Viva Mexico Racing: 17
Underwood/Andretti Racing: 16
Pinnacle Motorsports: 6

Here are the overall standings:

Omega Motorsports: 103
Crooks Motorsports: 93
TCH Grand Prix: 92
Team Frisbee: 91
Maple City Racing: 87
Andrew Denman Racing: 81
Boehm American Racing: 76
Team Smersh: 70
Team Extreme: 68
Crunkalicous Viva Mexico Racing: 64
Flavors of the World Racing: 59
Werdna Dawg Racing: 58
The Unique and Special Snowflakes: 57
Underwood/Andretti Racing: 55
Domenech Racing: 44
Team CART Legends: 41
Team Effort: 41
Team Prodrive: 33
Speedworx Racing: 23
Pinnacle Motorsports: 6

A special thanks and congratulations goes out to all of the new teams who joined us for Monterrey. ENTRY IS STILL OPEN, and will never close, so sign up if you haven't. The longer you wait, the tougher it will be to close the gap to the teams who've been in since the beginning.

My heart-felt sympathies goes out to Pinnacle Motorsports. There's always next race...

Last edited by macdaddy; 30 May 2005 at 12:14.
Old 24 May 2005, 09:52 (Ref:1308774)   #2
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
we at Pinnacle motorsports are just giving the field a little buffer before we make our run

Its coming just be patient
Old 24 May 2005, 10:58 (Ref:1308828)   #3
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I lost no drivers, but got none on the podium either. At one point it looked like Seb, Oriol and Justin would all finish in the top 5 but alas, it was not to be.
Old 24 May 2005, 12:09 (Ref:1308896)   #4
mandretti39
Veteran

Lithuania
Clay, NY USA
mandretti39 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmandretti39 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Underwood/Andretti Racing would like to file a greivance. If it wasn't for Sebastien Bourdais, Paul Tracy would have had a top five finish. Also, due to Mario Dominguez going slow on the racing line after the hairpin, Jimmy Vasser was taken out of the race. He ran into the back of Dominguez, because Dominguez gave him no room. We at Underwood/Andretti Racing feel we should receive extra points due to two of our drivers taken because of brainfade.

We would also like to congratulate Cristiano daMatta for his top six finish. We would also like to congratulate our former driver, Bruno Junqueira, on his win.
Old 25 May 2005, 02:42 (Ref:1309519)   #5
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
How convienent Omega, can you say "rigged?"
Old 25 May 2005, 16:41 (Ref:1310035)   #6
Daisy
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Daisy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TCH Grand Prix posted another podiumfinish with rookie Andrew Ranger, but missed out a win after Sebastien Bourdais hit 2003 Champcar champion Paul Tracy. The Frenchman bounced back and finished 5th. A.J. Allmendinger finished 10th. "Good to see all cars taking the checkerd flag, a shame we didn't won the race. But I'm proud of Andrew Ranger, he did a marvelous job today." TCH Grand Prix is now 3rd in the overall standings, the best result ever for the team.
Old 28 May 2005, 01:37 (Ref:1312101)   #7
Omega99
Veteran

Canada
9Henday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snrub
How convienent Omega, can you say "rigged?"
Based on your complaint, the Fantasy Racing Comission lauched an investigation. They ruled no violation toke place. Tough call.

Seriously though, if anyone wants to see the spreadsheet with the results and complicated formulas, I would welcome it because I am the only person that has ever gone over it and I'm only going to catch so many of my own mistakes.
Old 30 May 2005, 10:56 (Ref:1314519)   #8
mandretti39
Veteran

Lithuania
Clay, NY USA
mandretti39 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmandretti39 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Question, during yesterday's Indy 500, Bruno Junqueira was injured and will miss some races. For those who picked him as their driver, I am not one of them, what will happen. Do they have to pick a new driver, will his replacement count in the standings, what if they don't get a replacement? I bet some people are wondering that.
Old 30 May 2005, 11:43 (Ref:1314583)   #9
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
This is taken from the rules that Omega99 originally stated:

If your driver misses a race due to illness/injury etc, the driver that replaces him will score in his place. If the driver is replaced permanently, you may select another driver to replace him.

There is talk that Bruno may be out until October - effectively missing the rest of the season. I'll leave the final call up to Omega99...
Old 31 May 2005, 01:34 (Ref:1315266)   #10
Omega99
Veteran

Canada
9Henday
Sorry to leave everyone hanging, and by everyone I mean two people, and one of them is myself. I watched the 500 and saw the incident but didn't hear the commentators comment on his condition so I just assumed he was ok. I didn't visit ten-tenths until about 15 minutes ago so I didn't find out about the magnitude of his injuries and how he is possibly out for the season.

So like I sarcastically alluded to at the beginning of this post, there are only two teams in our Fantasy grid with Bruno Junqueira on them. Mine (Omega Motorsports) and stmookeyj003 (Andrew Denman Racing) who I will send I PM to to make sure that he is aware of the situation. Because I have such a vested interest in the decision, I require your feedback in order to make an unbiased one, but here are my thoughts:

We don't really have any idea when Junqueira will be back, and he could well be back before the end of the season if his recovery goes better than expected. However, the early reports suggest that he could be out until October. I admit that when I made that particular rule, I never really made concessions the possibility of a serious injury like this occurring where the liklihood of return was so uncertain, and I was only considering that a driver would miss one or two races and then return. Here's what I propose: Bruno is treated as innjured indefinitely and myself and stmookeyj003 may select a driver of our choice, still subject to the Group A and B driver restrictions of the original rules, and we score points for that driver from this point forward. However, should Bruno return before the end of the season, we then take him back as our driver and score his points from that point in the season until the end. Esentially, we would get to choose our substitute driver because of the indefinite injury.

So what do you guys think? And don't be afraid to be critical or creative here.

Also LUKE, YOU STILL NEED TO CHECK YOUR PMs....
Old 31 May 2005, 02:53 (Ref:1315287)   #11
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
I think that's a good call, Omega. Quite fair, I doubt if anybody would criticize it.
Old 1 Jun 2005, 08:05 (Ref:1316492)   #12
stmookeyj033
Veteran

stmookeyj033 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll wait until I see the replacement driver for Junky before making a final decision.
Old 1 Jun 2005, 21:08 (Ref:1317384)   #13
Omega99
Veteran

Canada
9Henday
Good plan.
Old 3 Jun 2005, 20:11 (Ref:1319444)   #14
Omega99
Veteran

Canada
9Henday
Omega Motorsports would like to announce Justin Wilson will be replacing Bruno Junqueira while he recovers from his unfortunate injury.
Old 3 Jun 2005, 20:39 (Ref:1319483)   #15
stmookeyj033
Veteran

stmookeyj033 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll appoint Paul Tracy until Junky returns.
Old 4 Jun 2005, 01:51 (Ref:1319632)   #16
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
According to Omega99's own rulebook...

"Entry deadline is the start of first practice".

You should both be stuck with Bruno's points for Milwaukee, and your new drivers shouldn't take effect until Portland! C'mon fellas, you had two days to decide!
Old 4 Jun 2005, 19:25 (Ref:1320107)   #17
Omega99
Veteran

Canada
9Henday
That is correct. I totally missed the fact that first practice had occured. I waited so long to make my selection because I was hoping Coyne would pick someone interesting, like say, Valiante.... Anyways, the rules state that "If your driver misses a race due to illness/injury etc, the driver that replaces him will score in his place." So unfortunately, both myself and stmookeyj033 will score for Servia for this race.

For Portland, stmookeyj033 will score for Tracy, and I've now decided to just stick with whoever N/H picks for the #2 car.