Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 24 Jan 2022, 16:07 (Ref:4095179)   #1476
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
People do realise that's a fake account?
Old 24 Jan 2022, 16:54 (Ref:4095185)   #1477
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
People do realise that's a fake account?
Which one @BillyStorey6 ?

All of the other RE accounts interact with that one as if it is genuine.
Old 24 Jan 2022, 18:58 (Ref:4095197)   #1478
Millvi
Racer

Millvi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
I'm hearing that two more drivers (at least) will be confirmed this week.

The announcements were originally lined up for ASI, and now will be straight to media press releases.
One of them Dan Lloyd perhaps? News here from him:
https://twitter.com/daniellloyd23/status/1485682161273475072?s=21

And Creesy had a similar update on his Instagram account today as well, but no clue as to what series his deal was for.
https://instagram.com/stories/creesy777/2758225926773122473?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&utm_medium=copy_link
Old 24 Jan 2022, 19:35 (Ref:4095200)   #1479
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millvi View Post
And Creesy had a similar update on his Instagram account today as well, but no clue as to what series his deal was for.
https://instagram.com/stories/creesy...dium=copy_link
Cookies and Ginger Nuts in the picture. Is that a hint to his teammate?
Old 24 Jan 2022, 19:42 (Ref:4095202)   #1480
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Cookies and Ginger Nuts in the picture. Is that a hint to his teammate?
'On route to my new team'
Old 24 Jan 2022, 21:05 (Ref:4095205)   #1481
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
'On route to my new team'
BTC Racing ?
Old 24 Jan 2022, 21:05 (Ref:4095206)   #1482
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
BTC Racing ?
https://www.btcc.net/2021/04/30/btc-racing-and-michael-crees-part-ways/
Old 24 Jan 2022, 21:11 (Ref:4095208)   #1483
porsche962fan
Veteran

he implies cookies, it could mean Cook isn't at BTC either !!

BTW was the supposed Jaguar with Ash Sutton real intent or just something from Unicorn land ?

it appears Jade Edwards liked Dan Lloyd's post on twitter which means he goes to BTC
Old 24 Jan 2022, 21:35 (Ref:4095210)   #1484
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Which one @BillyStorey6 ?

All of the other RE accounts interact with that one as if it is genuine.
Hmm strange. From the followers and followed people, I presumed it was fake.
Old 24 Jan 2022, 21:48 (Ref:4095211)   #1485
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
it appears Jade Edwards liked Dan Lloyd's post on twitter which means he goes to BTC
Dan Lloyd's post was also liked by Oly Collins - so one of the Motorbase drivers must have since lost their drive?
Dan Lloyd's post was liked by Cammish - so it must be Sutton out of a drive?
Or could it be Simon Hill who gave away the secret with his like, and Lloyd is at WSR?

It could be:
  • Lloyd and Edwards will be team-mates at BTC.
  • Lloyd and Edwards at another team.
  • Lloyd at BTC and Edwards somewhere else.
  • Edwards at BTC and Lloyd somewhere else.

Or maybe, it's just that people in the BTCC 'like' what other people in the BTCC are doing - and there's nothing more to it than that?

To paraphrase - I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I'm sure it will become clear in the end. The drivers know and we'll find out when they tell us. Until then, who knows?
Old 24 Jan 2022, 21:52 (Ref:4095212)   #1486
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Hmm strange. From the followers and followed people, I presumed it was fake.
I don't think it's clear. Although trying to apply logic to Storey is like trying to knit fog.
Old 24 Jan 2022, 22:04 (Ref:4095213)   #1487
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Goff and Geddie/Mitchell had some Yazoo logos on their cars last year, Taylor-Smith didn't. The recent promo photos still have the BRDC logo on the door frame, which Goff had last year and ATS didn't.

I think we can assume that Goff will be one of the Yazoo Two.
I was wondering if that might be the cause - but I put it down to them simply using the car that Goff drove last season for the photoshoot.
Taylor-Smith's car wouldn't have a BRDC logo because he's Irish.

It could be Goff in one of the Yazoo cars, but at the moment I think the BRDC logo in the shoot might just be a coincidence.
Old 24 Jan 2022, 22:06 (Ref:4095214)   #1488
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
If that's the obvious takeaway from the Shedden tweet - then try and understand these:

William Storey tweets from his US-focussed account:
'The superb @Creesy777 is fuelled by @rich_energy #RichEnergyMcLaren'

Crees then responds with:
'We’re back!!!! 2022!!! Il [sic] be calling you tomorrow'

Is Crees in a McLaren in the BTCC for 2022?
Is Crees driving a McLaren in a US-based series for 2022?
Is Crees driving a McLaren in F1 in 2022?
Are Rich Energy sponsoring McLaren in their F1 return, and sponsoring Crees in BTCC?

To confuse (or clarify), Crees responds with reference to BTCC rounds later in the thread.

P962f - I'd love to see how those ?'s pan out in an updated table...

And now Matt Neal is getting involved. He's liked a McLaren F1 tweet, so is there a Neal / Crees / Rich Energy / McLaren connection and we'll see papaya on the BTCC grid?
Old 24 Jan 2022, 22:34 (Ref:4095217)   #1489
S700UBO
Racer

Scotland
Inverness
S700UBO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
And now Matt Neal is getting involved. He's liked a McLaren F1 tweet, so is there a Neal / Crees / Rich Energy / McLaren connection and we'll see papaya on the BTCC grid?
Omg i would love to see some Papaya oramge on the grid....
Old 24 Jan 2022, 22:45 (Ref:4095219)   #1490
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
If that's the obvious takeaway from the Shedden tweet - then try and understand these:

William Storey tweets from his US-focussed account:
'The superb @Creesy777 is fuelled by @rich_energy #RichEnergyMcLaren'

Crees then responds with:
'We’re back!!!! 2022!!! Il [sic] be calling you tomorrow'

Is Crees in a McLaren in the BTCC for 2022?
Is Crees driving a McLaren in a US-based series for 2022?
Is Crees driving a McLaren in F1 in 2022?
Are Rich Energy sponsoring McLaren in their F1 return, and sponsoring Crees in BTCC?

To confuse (or clarify), Crees responds with reference to BTCC rounds later in the thread.

P962f - I'd love to see how those ?'s pan out in an updated table...

Hmmmm...

Could it be Michael Creesy Crees has been employed by BTC to iron the creases out of their team uniforms and has promise of a big fat salary big enough to pay for a McLaren road car? (But not necessarily the repairs bill as they're so unbloodyreliable they make Aston look like Toyota)

Other daft ideas are available: see Lord Gow for further details
Old 25 Jan 2022, 08:01 (Ref:4095244)   #1491
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I was wondering if that might be the cause - but I put it down to them simply using the car that Goff drove last season for the photoshoot.
Taylor-Smith's car wouldn't have a BRDC logo because he's Irish.
Being Irish doesn't stop you from being a member of the BRDC.
Old 25 Jan 2022, 08:16 (Ref:4095248)   #1492
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
But wouldn't that make it highly unlikely he'd be invited to be a member?

From their own website:
'The British Racing Drivers’ Club is, arguably, the most exclusive club in motor racing. With a membership that numbers only 850, it is home to the most successful racing drivers from Great Britain and the Commonwealth.'
'Full Membership of the Club is confined to ladies and gentlemen of British and Commonwealth nationality whom the Board consider to be eligible'
'Highly prized membership of the British Racing Drivers’ Club is most publically demonstrated by the wearing of the Club badge. Indeed, only Members of the Club are entitled to wear or display the much sought after image which depicts a purposeful single-seater racing car of the 1920s under the Union flag.'
Old 25 Jan 2022, 08:50 (Ref:4095253)   #1493
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
If you competed three seasons in International level motorsport you are in. BTCC is debateable.

Ireland left the Commonwealth over 80 years ago. A lot of Irish can have UK passports though.
Old 25 Jan 2022, 12:32 (Ref:4095274)   #1494
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Daniel Lloyd
·
So the BTCC deal is done in the background for 2022 ������ And there should be some news very soon.. �� Anyone like to take a guess?? �� No points for saying a Dominos delivery driver!! The pizzas would go cold! ��
Old 25 Jan 2022, 15:06 (Ref:4095282)   #1495
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
Indeed not. However, unless the individual has dual British/Commonwealth and Irish citizenship, the only way that they can have full membership of the BRDC is if they were born before the formation of the Irish Republic in, I think, 1949. This explains, for example, why Eddie Jordan has full BRDC membership as he was born shortly before this date.

As an aside, a number of non-British/Commonwealth drivers are members of the BRDC - albeit not 'full' ones - most F1 world champions are invited regardless of nationality.
Old 25 Jan 2022, 15:19 (Ref:4095283)   #1496
porsche962fan
Veteran

are there any benefits being a member ?
Old 25 Jan 2022, 16:44 (Ref:4095291)   #1497
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
are there any benefits being a member ?
Well I guess the simple answer is - what are the benefits of being a member of any club? If the activities of the club align with your interests, you have a reason to join like-minded individuals in that club.

If you are talking about any specific 'perks':
Access to the BRDC clubhouse, entitlement to wear or display the BRDC badge are a couple.

If you are talking about what you really gain from being a member, the answer is an altruistic one. You will be a member of a club that promotes the interests of motor sport generally; celebrates any specific performance in motor sport; extends hospitality to racing drivers from overseas; and furthers the interests of British drivers competing abroad.

Or, to put it another way. It depends on if you are asking 'how does membership benefit me' or 'how can I benefit others'
Old 26 Jan 2022, 09:56 (Ref:4095368)   #1498
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I know Gil de Ferran has been an honourary member of the BRDC despite being Brazilian
Old 26 Jan 2022, 13:21 (Ref:4095394)   #1499
3marinadrive
Rookie

3marinadrive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Well I guess the simple answer is - what are the benefits of being a member of any club? If the activities of the club align with your interests, you have a reason to join like-minded individuals in that club.

If you are talking about any specific 'perks':
Access to the BRDC clubhouse, entitlement to wear or display the BRDC badge are a couple.

If you are talking about what you really gain from being a member, the answer is an altruistic one. You will be a member of a club that promotes the interests of motor sport generally; celebrates any specific performance in motor sport; extends hospitality to racing drivers from overseas; and furthers the interests of British drivers competing abroad.

Or, to put it another way. It depends on if you are asking 'how does membership benefit me' or 'how can I benefit others'

The 'Rising Stars' and 'Superstars' programmes are viewed very importantly by industry insiders as the drivers on those schemes (aged 16 - 25 on Rising Stars) are aiming to establish themselves as Professional Drivers - being selected for the scheme adds a lot of credibility, and can help when chasing drives and perhaps more importantly, sponsorship.

Being a 'full' BRDC member is viewed as highly prestigious and in most cases members are invited to join based on their results - so for example someone coming up through the TOCA package may have been successful in Ginetta Junior and Supercup, been on the Rising Star programme as a result, then moved into BTCC - then taken podiums or wins regularly...and their scoring 'matrix' would show if that driver was eligible and then they would be invited to join.

There are a number of benefits - not least use of their exclusive clubhouse for meetings (including GP, Moto GP, BTCC etc) and also member schemes and trackways...it's worn with huge pride by the members. And it's a great networking opportunity too...
Old 27 Jan 2022, 11:25 (Ref:4095513)   #1500
porsche962fan
Veteran

looks like another week without announcements