Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 6 Jan 2020, 19:35 (Ref:3950073)   #326
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
As posted before Mazda is not joining Michelin Pilot Challenge for 2020 sadly. No homologation at the present and development work still to do without a mention of who was to build the cars.

Bright spot is potential temp homologation possibly:
"Cosgrove hasn’t ruled out an end-of-year debut for the car, potentially in Michelin Pilot Challenge competition, should they feel confident enough in its development at that time.

“Certain cars have run on temporary homologations,” he explained. “It’s possible to do it.

“If everything went great and we decided to fund an activity at the end of the year, it would be awesome. But that’s not really in the plan right now.”
Strangest thing about it to me is they are using the VW engine.
Old 6 Jan 2020, 20:39 (Ref:3950087)   #327
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Somewhere, there is a joke about not wanting to catch fire with a 2.0L Mazda engine but I can't quite place it on this Monday.
Old 7 Jan 2020, 00:37 (Ref:3950116)   #328
GUnit
Rookie

GUnit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sebring

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
He's just hoping you park next to him, and bring him a cold one. Hoegaarden will work. But I'd recommend something local, like a cigar city. I don't think he'll refuse
Damned if he didn't play me ! ! Sounds like he's given this advice more than once ! !
Old 7 Jan 2020, 15:14 (Ref:3950213)   #329
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
You’ll find more. There’s a place for everyone
Old 7 Jan 2020, 15:23 (Ref:3950217)   #330
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
After the latest S365 report on Wright. I think by my count we got 3 Sprint Cup only teams now for IMSA GTD confirmed and its early January too. Got another month or two to commit to this. Although I am not a fan of Long Beach being part of it. Despite the lower grid numbers of DPI and GTLM. I think that Long Beach should stick to being a points paying all-pro all-star race essentially.

1) Compass 360 McLaren
2) Park Place Porsche
3) 2nd Wright Porsche
Old 7 Jan 2020, 20:36 (Ref:3950269)   #331
MaskedRacer
Veteran

Amazingly I think we could get 15-17 GTD cars potentially at the regular season races this year. Referring to the Non NAEC and Non Street races. Mid Ohio, Lime Rock, CTMP, etc. The flex schedule could pay off this year as teams could choose to run all 12 races, NAEC only (4 races), Sprint Cup only (8 races), or full season points minus street races (10 races). I think there is at least 1 team doing each of those 4 options.
Old 8 Jan 2020, 01:43 (Ref:3950302)   #332
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Does anybody else think that the new Mazda livery looks like the old Muscle Milk car?

https://twitter.com/MazdaRacing/stat...667896833?s=19
Old 8 Jan 2020, 07:17 (Ref:3950315)   #333
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Yes it does have a similarity about it
Old 8 Jan 2020, 08:57 (Ref:3950332)   #334
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
watching from the front yes
Old 8 Jan 2020, 14:32 (Ref:3950419)   #335
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Would love to have Muscle Milk Pickett Racing back!
Old 9 Jan 2020, 18:56 (Ref:3950674)   #336
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
THis was a pretty funny primer on sportscar racing for a new fan:

https://www.autoweek.com/racing/more...icle7-headline
Old 11 Jan 2020, 02:27 (Ref:3950964)   #337
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
RWR already throwing guys out, 2 drivers let go including the guy who binned the car at the Roar, James Davidson. And they decided to call out their support and spares guys by saying all the spare rear decks were allocated to Mazda. Come on, different liveries and you could have spent the cash to source yours before the event just in case. You had a new nose section. Yes, they didn't directly say they didn't try but just say you didn't have enough parts and leave Multimatic out of it, sounds petty sir.

https://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/r...neup-shake-up/
Old 11 Jan 2020, 05:43 (Ref:3950969)   #338
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Look at their NASCAR model. They're basically a rent-a-ride field filler, and I can't see them doing much differently, nor better, in IMSA. Based on what I've just typed and their actions at the Roar/aftermath, I'm sorry but I can't take them seriously.
Old 13 Jan 2020, 04:20 (Ref:3951303)   #339
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Look at their NASCAR model. They're basically a rent-a-ride field filler, and I can't see them doing much differently, nor better, in IMSA. Based on what I've just typed and their actions at the Roar/aftermath, I'm sorry but I can't take them seriously.
Isn't that basically the gist of the p2 class though? Grid size looks superficially fine because of additional p2s, but in reality it probably just means more cautions without much interest provided by the class. I'm simple, I guess, though, because if they were allowed different engines, so there was some variety, I'd be excited for it, lol.
Old 13 Jan 2020, 05:28 (Ref:3951308)   #340
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I'm happy they have the P2 class. It's always good to have two different classes and they do well in their own right. However I'm not sure everything will stay the same for long. There is no certain future at the moment
Old 16 Jan 2020, 23:58 (Ref:3952025)   #341
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And the wheel spins to cost Acura some hp but 1 liter more fuel; Caddy on a 10 kilo diet and Mazda holding steady but gained 2 liter. Riley gets aero trimmed off for top end speed.
Corvette gets .8mm bigger restriction +4 hp, and 5 liters. Ferrari loses 5hp and 1 liter and Porsche gets a 5 kilo brick to carry and 7 kilo of fire.
GTD slowed across the board except Audi, 10 kilo diet. Acura loses 7.5hp and gains 25 kilos, BMW loses 13.5 hp and Ferrari down 4, Lambo with 4mm min wing angle.

https://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/a...4-bop-changes/
Old 17 Jan 2020, 09:23 (Ref:3952054)   #342
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Watching latest bop sheet, when was last time cadillac had a 75L fuel tank? interesting how, according aero bop option 2, riley could run with a single profile rear wing.
Old 17 Jan 2020, 13:25 (Ref:3952080)   #343
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
Watching latest bop sheet, when was last time cadillac had a 75L fuel tank? interesting how, according aero bop option 2, riley could run with a single profile rear wing.
Think they're doing everything they can to let the Riley brick keep up at Daytona. It's well down on top end speed apparently.
Old 17 Jan 2020, 15:24 (Ref:3952099)   #344
canaglia
Veteran

yeah, but guess it would be insanely aero unbalanced at so high speeds.
BTW also ferrari 488 gt3 was nerfed giving a look to boost pressures.
Old 17 Jan 2020, 22:17 (Ref:3952151)   #345
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
yeah, but guess it would be insanely aero unbalanced at so high speeds.
BTW also ferrari 488 gt3 was nerfed giving a look to boost pressures.
Or it makes little to no aero at the front so the rear balance is not as big a problem? We can't tell from the Mazda since they changed most everything out front
Old 18 Jan 2020, 12:56 (Ref:3952199)   #346
canaglia
Veteran

Quote:
Or it makes little to no aero at the front so the rear balance is not as big a problem? We can't tell from the Mazda since they changed most everything out front

driving a so low downforce car, let's say I would not to be in riley drivers shoes when they have to brake from >300km/h while steering on left at the same time....
Old 18 Jan 2020, 13:54 (Ref:3952203)   #347
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Well it may not matter according to MP, he doesn't expect the RWR Riley will be at Daytona. Apparently damages were more than a new rear deck like the team claimed trackside so his BOP article says they're not likely to race
Old 18 Jan 2020, 14:35 (Ref:3952207)   #348
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Again, based on how they've acted so far and their NASCAR model, I find it hard to take this team very seriously. At best they're just making up the numbers in LMP2, at worst it's just a waste of money to boost someone's ego, even if that person is the one wasting his money.
Old 18 Jan 2020, 14:57 (Ref:3952210)   #349
MaskedRacer
Veteran

Quote:
Well it may not matter according to MP, he doesn't expect the RWR Riley will be at Daytona. Apparently damages were more than a new rear deck like the team claimed trackside so his BOP article says they're not likely to race
Maybe not the worst thing. I could see the #2 Riley being the potential source of a couple of safety car periods.
Old 18 Jan 2020, 17:03 (Ref:3952219)   #350
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
At best they're just making up the numbers in LMP2, at worst it's just a waste of money to boost someone's ego, even if that person is the one wasting his money.
That describes a LOT of the history of noon-factory sportscar racing.