Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 18 Jan 2022, 07:58 (Ref:4094215)   #26
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77 View Post
I think we are going to see the various new cars start to roll out in 2 weeks or so.. Thats what Im excited about
Aston Martin – February 10
McLaren – February 11
Ferrari – February 17
Alfa Romeo – To Be Announced
AlphaTauri – TBA
Alpine – TBA
Haas – TBA
Mercedes –TBA
Red Bull – TBA
Williams – TBA
Old 18 Jan 2022, 11:59 (Ref:4094255)   #27
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77 View Post
Just shut your damned mathguru mr calculator mouth. Who are you? The Sesame street count?
Thats "fake maths:. 3 a day is "my truth". These days everyone is allowed their own truth and its true to me.

You just have to squint sorta, and kinda guess and well... ok i was werung wrang wrone.. no I just cant say that word. But I was as correct as LH thinking Max wont try to pass me on this corner, in the last race.

A friend once asked me who my favourite vampire was.
I told him the one on Sesame street, he said "he doesnt count"
"ohhh yes He does" I said "yes, he does indeed"

Ok back to topic...
with First testing due Barcelona, Spain -- Feb. 23-25
I think we are going to see the various new cars start to roll out in 2 weeks or so.. Thats what Im excited about

A block aficionado
Old 18 Jan 2022, 15:43 (Ref:4094290)   #28
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What does his post count matter? He’s a long time, valuable, and insightful contributor to this community and that alone deserves respect. Not pointing at anyone specifically, just want to say that if we push out the long time members then what we will be left with is a bunch of strangers ranting over what other strangers have to say.

I suspect none of us want that otherwise we be on twitter instead of here right?

Anyways, much respect and look forward to discussing the upcoming season with you all!
Old 18 Jan 2022, 16:49 (Ref:4094299)   #29
Bump Pass
Rookie

Philippine
Starcross
Bump Pass is a back marker
Return of Canada & Japan
Old 18 Jan 2022, 16:54 (Ref:4094300)   #30
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
An Australian GP.

Maybe.
Old 18 Jan 2022, 17:08 (Ref:4094301)   #31
Bump Pass
Rookie

Philippine
Starcross
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
An Australian GP.

Maybe.
Thats going to be interesting for those who don't have a jab.
Guess the FIA will have more pull then the tennis association .
Old 18 Jan 2022, 19:58 (Ref:4094321)   #32
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
F1 has been sensible in terms of getting the vaccine, i.e. I think every F1 driver has had theirs. I think there's a fair chance Oz can go ahead, at least we shouldn't have the problems like a certain tennis player missing out on the comp
Old 18 Jan 2022, 22:15 (Ref:4094330)   #33
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
An Australian GP.

Maybe.

I know I said this a lot last year but surely there's no chance it gets canned this time
Old 19 Jan 2022, 04:39 (Ref:4094346)   #34
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
F1 has been sensible in terms of getting the vaccine, i.e. I think every F1 driver has had theirs. I think there's a fair chance Oz can go ahead, at least we shouldn't have the problems like a certain tennis player missing out on the comp
By then everyone will be on their 5th dose that also doesn't work.
One, then two, then three, with a 4th forecast ....

Hopefully Omicron will just draw a line under the whole mess!
Old 19 Jan 2022, 05:06 (Ref:4094348)   #35
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That first race where i predict the overtaking will be no different than 2021.

BUT Max v Lewis with the added intrigue of George Russell should be good fun
Old 19 Jan 2022, 06:11 (Ref:4094349)   #36
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
That first race where i predict the overtaking will be no different than 2021.

BUT Max v Lewis with the added intrigue of George Russell should be good fun
Sit back and watch how officialdom tries to explain how it was not possible to predict that overtaking has not improved despite the blindingly obvious reasons still remaining. Too much reliance on the front wing, too little reliance on the undercar tunnels, cars that are too heavy, heavy wheels that will add to the problem, what else?
Old 19 Jan 2022, 08:00 (Ref:4094355)   #37
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post

Old 19 Jan 2022, 08:30 (Ref:4094356)   #38
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
According to Zak Brown, one thing we might not be looking forward to is Sprint Races.

'Last year a financial deal was agreed to provide the teams with a small payment to offset potential damage from more racing.

But Brown said the big teams were trying to take advantage of this by pushing for a larger than necessary increase in the budget cap, which is set at $140m (£103m) this year.

"A couple of teams, and one team in particular, wanted a $5m budget cap increase, which was just ridiculous," Brown said.

"And no rational facts behind it. When you challenged them, they go to what if and could and you've got to anticipate. You sit there and go 'This is just nonsense.'"

F1 rules dictate that for a change in the rules to be instigated in the calendar year of the championship, eight teams need to agree to it. So teams can hold F1 to ransom if they can get others to agree.

To agree to the sprint events for the 2023 season requires only five teams to agree, and Brown said F1 should vote that through first and then try to agree on this season.

"Maybe there can be a compromise raised and we raise it a little bit, and we start in 2022 or we skip 2022, and a couple of these teams should have to explain to the fans why there is no sprint races," he said.'
Old 19 Jan 2022, 08:43 (Ref:4094359)   #39
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Saw that too about the sprint races. To be honest, they didn't really add much last year, so I won't really miss them if they don't happen
Old 19 Jan 2022, 08:54 (Ref:4094362)   #40
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
I think it's a bunch of greedy b*****ds at Liberty up against a bunch of greedy b*****ds at Mercedes, Ferrari and Red Bull (who else would it be?!) and two wrongs making a right. I know some like sprint races, but most fans don't (https://www.racefans.net/2021/11/02/...three-against/) so the only reason they exist is for the money from sponsorship and fans at the track. I am expecting F1 to just give the teams what they want, but hopefully it will instead lead to them being scrapped.
Old 19 Jan 2022, 15:30 (Ref:4094398)   #41
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
I keep trying but I guess we'll have to wait and see.
I wonder if they will soon be in the top ten posters of all time?
Old 19 Jan 2022, 22:18 (Ref:4094463)   #42
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCC frog View Post
I think it's a bunch of greedy b*****ds at Liberty up against a bunch of greedy b*****ds at Mercedes, Ferrari and Red Bull (who else would it be?!) and two wrongs making a right. I know some like sprint races, but most fans don't (https://www.racefans.net/2021/11/02/...three-against/) so the only reason they exist is for the money from sponsorship and fans at the track. I am expecting F1 to just give the teams what they want, but hopefully it will instead lead to them being scrapped.
Must admit, I don't like the sprint races, which kind of surprised me, I thought they were a good idea initially.
Old 19 Jan 2022, 22:19 (Ref:4094464)   #43
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Must admit, I don't like the sprint races, which kind of surprised me, I thought they were a good idea initially.
Perhaps someone could put a poll up here, might be interesting.
Old 19 Jan 2022, 22:36 (Ref:4094471)   #44
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Here was the original poll.
https://tentenths.com/forum/showthre...ghlight=Sprint

Feel free to start another to get the latest opinion.
Old 19 Jan 2022, 22:41 (Ref:4094472)   #45
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

They clearly work.
Unless you mistakenly assumed worked was completely eradicate it and no one would ever get ill again ever.
They work because they reduce transmission, infection and, here is the key, reduce the severity of the illness.

Yes, let’s hope that the development of the virus and success of the vaccine and other measures mean that omicron is the last significant variant we have any worry over.

Without the vaccinations the impact could have been much worse, especially on hospital resources. As demonstrated in areas with lower uptake rates.

There is a thread in parc ferme for you to discuss further if you wish.
Old 19 Jan 2022, 22:47 (Ref:4094474)   #46
Bump Pass
Rookie

Philippine
Starcross
Sprint races add nothing, It's just the first stint without the pitstops.