Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 18 Jan 2022, 12:45 (Ref:4094262)   #1
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
2022 Car Launch and Testing Thread

Teams are starting to release the dates when their cars will be revealed, and some are even giving a few snippets of teasers.

Known dates so far:

Aston Martin – February 10
McLaren – February 11
Ferrari – February 17
Mercedes – February 18
Alfa Romeo – To Be Announced
AlphaTauri – TBA
Alpine – TBA
Haas – TBA
Red Bull – TBA
Williams – TBA

Last edited by Born Racer; 22 Feb 2022 at 12:17.
Old 18 Jan 2022, 15:24 (Ref:4094288)   #2
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks for starting this thread. As you mention, some teams have been teasing. Such as McLaren about a week ago.

https://us.motorsport.com/f1/news/mc...hotos/7177418/

Of course, the photo really shows/gives away very little, but apparently it is of the 2022 car. It does seem to show a bit of the sidepods. Primary air inlet is slightly different than 2021.

Richard
Old 19 Jan 2022, 15:49 (Ref:4094401)   #3
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think RBR have been teasing.
Attached Thumbnails
269830317_4483871291710794_1393188893872939968_n.jpg  
Old 19 Jan 2022, 15:54 (Ref:4094402)   #4
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post

And it’s still the same livery as always!
Old 19 Jan 2022, 16:14 (Ref:4094406)   #5
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post

That's probably due to the cost cap.
Old 19 Jan 2022, 16:15 (Ref:4094407)   #6
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Downforce should be impressive. Look at the wing shaped underbody! Ground effects for the win!

Richard
Old 19 Jan 2022, 16:20 (Ref:4094408)   #7
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
lol!

the Ferrari red has changed over the years but typically i dont mind their iconic consistency...although i hope that this year they finally drop the UPS logo/sponsorship. that brown badge ruins all of their kit imo.

anywho, would be nice if RB did something different this year.
Old 19 Jan 2022, 19:36 (Ref:4094443)   #8
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
Downforce should be impressive. Look at the wing shaped underbody! Ground effects for the win!

Richard

Make it can be powered by their own hot air!
Old 1 Feb 2022, 16:00 (Ref:4096982)   #9
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
the 2022 Ferrari has a name and new naming convention...well not entirely sure if its a new naming convention or a continuation of their tradition to sometimes name the car after team milestones?

F-75

https://www.ferrari.com/en-CA/formula1
Old 1 Feb 2022, 17:35 (Ref:4096990)   #10
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
the 2022 Ferrari has a name and new naming convention...well not entirely sure if its a new naming convention or a continuation of their tradition to sometimes name the car after team milestones?

F-75

https://www.ferrari.com/en-CA/formula1
Isn't Ferrari all over the place with regards to naming the car? Who remembers 2014 in which it was put to a fan vote and the winner was F14T (aka FIAT)

Richard
Old 2 Feb 2022, 15:32 (Ref:4097108)   #11
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
the F14T was a fun name but must admit their changing convention does bother me...maybe even more then last season ended!
Old 2 Feb 2022, 15:39 (Ref:4097110)   #12
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Mclaren already planning a first race upgrade package. love the aggressive attitude.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/m...hrain/7822058/

We are very keen to be as late as possible and as lean on stock as we can be, to ensure there is opportunity to deliver upgrades in sync for race one,” Thynne explained.

didnt quite get a clear picture how the teams would handle life under the budget cap and combined with the delay of the new rules i suspect most, if not all, teams kept development to a minimum last year.

year 2 already sounding like we will see different approaches!
Old 2 Feb 2022, 15:56 (Ref:4097116)   #13
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
How on earth did they get the stickers to stick? I tried throwing almost every sticker I had at our kid's cozy coupe, and only one is still on. The surface is not conducive to adhesion.
Old 2 Feb 2022, 16:59 (Ref:4097131)   #14
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
Mclaren already planning a first race upgrade package. love the aggressive attitude.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/m...hrain/7822058/

We are very keen to be as late as possible and as lean on stock as we can be, to ensure there is opportunity to deliver upgrades in sync for race one,” Thynne explained.
With the first race happening basically just a week after the second test session at Bahrain, I wonder if this is anything radically different than what has been done previously. I seem to remember that previously when testing was split into two chunks, there was a base aero on first test, then teams might show up with the race 1 aero at test 2? Especially back when they basically just then packed up and flew to Australia? (not sure if I remember that correctly).

It will be interesting as to who shows up with aero on test 1 that is also used in race 1? As compared to those that might bring development to test 2 or race 1?

Lastly, I expect everyone is going to be watching all of the teams to see what the implementation details are, who is fast, who is not, and lastly what ideas they can steal and quickly implement.

Richard
Old 2 Feb 2022, 18:25 (Ref:4097139)   #15
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
thats fair, the typical first race upgrade may just be the aero package they didnt want to show their hand with at the test or because getting a base line was more important.

for me though, i took 'lean on stock' part of his quote as a new(ish) approach by the team and/or ostensibly just their response to how they will now handle the challenges of life under the budget cap.
Old 2 Feb 2022, 19:13 (Ref:4097146)   #16
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
for me though, i took 'lean on stock' part of his quote as a new(ish) approach by the team and/or ostensibly just their response to how they will now handle the challenges of life under the budget cap.
Absolutely. I think we saw a bit of this last year, but yeah, the will have to find the right balance between... we need a few spares "just in case", but no so many that it becomes a waste when we eventually introduce a new spec. And I expect nobody is betting big on the initial spec!

It will be interesting if there is any idea towards building in recyclability into their designs. I am not talking about reducing landfill waste, but rather that if they evolve something like a front wing, might they tweak an existing part vs. build a totally new one (in that it saves money in the end, but maybe with the loss of some flexibility). Who knows maybe they already do this.

Richard
Old 2 Feb 2022, 23:38 (Ref:4097173)   #17
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
How on earth did they get the stickers to stick? I tried throwing almost every sticker I had at our kid's cozy coupe, and only one is still on. The surface is not conducive to adhesion.
My thoughts exactly! The paint as well!
Old 3 Feb 2022, 07:58 (Ref:4097204)   #18
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
Also with the current world wide shipping and freight supply problems, you dont want to arrange last minute deliveries from suppliers, only to find they cant supply for a month, coz they cant get what they need to make it.

You need to have your own parts in a warehouse ready to be put on a plane or brought into the workshop today. Keeping only a "Light stock" could prove a disaster if you need something.
Old 3 Feb 2022, 15:50 (Ref:4097259)   #19
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77 View Post
You need to have your own parts in a warehouse ready to be put on a plane or brought into the workshop today. Keeping only a "Light stock" could prove a disaster if you need something.
for sure that was the old philosophy.

admittedly, my hope now is that the big teams experience problems while the teams who have long dealt with having less thrive in this budget cap era.

for everyone though, planning has no doubt taken on a new level of complexity.

side thought, we hear about how teams simulate races in order to prepare for them...i wonder how advanced they are in simulating entire seasons?

given the lead time to design and build new parts etc one would assume they must have confidence in their ability to predict how many parts they will need...is this just experience or an aspect of advancing modeling abilities?
Old 3 Feb 2022, 19:30 (Ref:4097282)   #20
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Teams are starting to release the dates when their cars will be revealed, and some are even giving a few snippets of teasers.

Known dates so far:

Aston Martin – February 10
McLaren – February 11
Ferrari – February 17
Mercedes – February 18
Alfa Romeo – To Be Announced
AlphaTauri – TBA
Alpine – TBA
Haas – TBA
Red Bull – TBA
Williams – TBA
RB - Feb 9
AM - Feb 10
Mcl - Feb 11
AT - Feb 14
Fer - Feb 17
Mer - Feb 18
Alp - Feb 21
AR - Feb 27
Haa - TBA
Wil - TBA
Old 3 Feb 2022, 20:54 (Ref:4097296)   #21
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
and apparently Haas to launch tomorrow...but just a livery reveal.

i hope its a boy!
Old 4 Feb 2022, 07:24 (Ref:4097332)   #22
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
That is why Adrian Newey is a genious paid mega bucks.
Old 4 Feb 2022, 11:18 (Ref:4097351)   #23
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!

Haas has taken pole and broken cover

At first glance, more of the same but the longer the look, the more you see

BRING IT 2022!!!

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/ha...ivery/7870416/

Last edited by bathurst77; 4 Feb 2022 at 11:24.
Old 4 Feb 2022, 13:19 (Ref:4097364)   #24
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Open:- 2021HassF1livery.jpg
Ctrl C
Crtl V
Save As:- 2022HaasF1livery.jpg

My work here is done.
Old 4 Feb 2022, 13:22 (Ref:4097367)   #25
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame