Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 14 Aug 2014, 02:23 (Ref:3444111)   #1
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
TUSC Round 11: VIR

VIR will feature a GT (GTLM & GTD) only race and two sprint races featuring the PC/Lites combo for the weekend. Qualifying kicks off at 12:30 local track time on Saturday 23 August and the 2:45 race will be on Sunday at 16:05.

Schedule

Entry List

Spotters Guide

Last edited by joeb; 14 Aug 2014 at 02:36.
Old 14 Aug 2014, 04:39 (Ref:3444124)   #2
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's going to be really cool seeing a GTLM car win a race overall.
Old 14 Aug 2014, 04:48 (Ref:3444125)   #3
Porsche917K
Racer

United States
Napa, CA
Porsche917K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very excited to see my two favorite classes get the full attention.
Old 14 Aug 2014, 08:07 (Ref:3444154)   #4
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Between Österreichring and Nordschleife
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
very sad my visa ran out and I cannot repeat my visiting of the beauty that is VIR.

very, very sad that I have come to terms with IMSA most likely torpedoing my attempts to watch the race.
A bit of curiosity remains as to how.

To all who go: enjoy! I know I'll be trying to.
Old 14 Aug 2014, 08:13 (Ref:3444157)   #5
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamus View Post
Yes but not as cool as if it came via surprise, from behind the prototypes. Almost happened at Baltimore last year, and before that Reliant Park 06. Few other mid-2000's races could've also ended for GT1 overall win

It's actually somewhat shocking that GT car never won overall in ALMS despite the depleting LMP grids particularly during the final years. Grand-Am obviously had few 24 GT overalls
Old 14 Aug 2014, 11:50 (Ref:3444214)   #6
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there. Really happy to not have to deal with the prototype nonsense, too.
Old 14 Aug 2014, 12:05 (Ref:3444217)   #7
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
VIR will feature a GT (GTLM & GTD) only race and two sprint races featuring the PC/Lites combo for the weekend. Qualifying kicks off at 12:30 local track time on Saturday 23 August and the 2:45 race will be on Sunday at 16:05.
This should have been done at the beginning of this season. I am over PC - the overall driver talent is mucking up the remainder of the field and there is no longer a draw for me with this particular class anymore as a part of the main event, as it is currently speced. Will be interesting to see how it's received by drivers and teams, but PC by itself or with Lites is an excellent support series. Keep it that way please.

GT main event at this beautiful and daunting circuit will be awesome. I had talked about this date being a possible weekend road trip for me, but perhaps it's not in the cards. Temping, very temping...
Old 14 Aug 2014, 12:27 (Ref:3444218)   #8
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Will be interesting to see how it's received by drivers and teams, but PC by itself or with Lites is an excellent support series. Keep it that way please.
They hated the format at Kansas. Of course that event was a disaster mainly for other reasons but it didn't help

Anyway we already know it's not gonna change for the next two years so no point in hoping for downgrade in class status
Old 14 Aug 2014, 12:31 (Ref:3444219)   #9
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
They hated the format at Kansas. Of course that event was a disaster mainly for other reasons but it didn't help

Anyway we already know it's not gonna change for the next two years so no point in hoping for downgrade in class status
Oh yeah, I forgot about Kansas (or never knew or cared in the first place).

And one can always hope
Old 14 Aug 2014, 15:08 (Ref:3444257)   #10
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Oh yeah, I forgot about Kansas (or never knew or cared in the first place).

And one can always hope
True, majority of my posts center around hope and wishes
Old 14 Aug 2014, 16:31 (Ref:3444272)   #11
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Yes but not as cool as if it came via surprise, from behind the prototypes. Almost happened at Baltimore last year, and before that Reliant Park 06. Few other mid-2000's races could've also ended for GT1 overall win

It's actually somewhat shocking that GT car never won overall in ALMS despite the depleting LMP grids particularly during the final years. Grand-Am obviously had few 24 GT overalls
I knew it would never happen in the 2000's because even with just one Audi R8 LMP car in the race it was so reliable that they would win.

I was giddy every year in the Baltimore races because the GT cars were competitive overall. That is one reason why I am bummed that Baltimore is not back this year. But an all GT race at VIR is awesome. I am very excited for this. I wish 2015 had more of that but not the case. I know GTLM/GTD format will work out well. I also think P/GTLM format is fun too.
Old 14 Aug 2014, 16:33 (Ref:3444273)   #12
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamus View Post
I'll put money on no full course yellows as well.
Old 14 Aug 2014, 18:01 (Ref:3444284)   #13
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjessica09 View Post
I'll put money on no full course yellows as well.
That is a tough one to call there. Plenty of GTD cars will make the potential for mistakes high, but the smaller number of cars on track might counter this effect.
Old 14 Aug 2014, 18:08 (Ref:3444288)   #14
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm really looking forward to watching this event.
It will be great to be able to watch an IMSA race, without having to put up with the stupid Prototype class and it's "Imbalance Of Performance".
The P class pretty much ruined a great GT race at Road America.
Old 14 Aug 2014, 18:34 (Ref:3444300)   #15
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
At least we know the GT cars will get sufficient TV coverage this time.
Old 14 Aug 2014, 18:36 (Ref:3444302)   #16
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Can I be the first to say for this race that the FCY was a joke?
Old 14 Aug 2014, 18:49 (Ref:3444310)   #17
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
Maybe they will air special 15min mid season Ford Ecoboost report in the middle of the infor... broadcast to decrease the effects of the Prototype withdrawal symptoms
Old 14 Aug 2014, 19:17 (Ref:3444317)   #18
WolfsburgRS
Veteran

United States
Baltimore, MD
WolfsburgRS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm pondering a last-minute trip / sleep in the car kind of adventure if things line up right. Mainly because i really want to see CTSCC and the support races on Saturday, and I haven't made it to an event yet this year so would like to check out the paddock as much as possible. Beautiful track, one of my favorites.
Old 14 Aug 2014, 20:14 (Ref:3444335)   #19
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Can I be the first to say for this race that the FCY was a joke?
I thought they did a fine job clearing the wrecks, I mean what are the officials to do when the track is covered in that much debris?
Old 14 Aug 2014, 20:42 (Ref:3444341)   #20
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
Old 14 Aug 2014, 20:44 (Ref:3444343)   #21
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I thought they did a fine job clearing the wrecks, I mean what are the officials to do when the track is covered in that much debris?
Really? They were so slow to react. It didn't need to take so long. For heavens sake the cars haven't even arrived at the circuit and they couldn't clear the track quickly.
Old 14 Aug 2014, 22:12 (Ref:3444360)   #22
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfsburgRS View Post
I'm pondering a last-minute trip / sleep in the car kind of adventure if things line up right. Mainly because i really want to see CTSCC and the support races on Saturday, and I haven't made it to an event yet this year so would like to check out the paddock as much as possible. Beautiful track, one of my favorites.
I wouldn't have had second thought about going until I read this. Something about "last minute" inspired me to take Friday off and head up! Sleep in the car adventures are great - that's how I did Sebring last year. Really wish I could stay in Hotel Subaru again, but with the wife coming and it doubling as an anniversary trip...I'm surprised local hotels are sold out. Nearest availibility is 30 miles away.
Old 14 Aug 2014, 22:16 (Ref:3444361)   #23
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
$80 for the 2-day ticket seems crazy. Last year's ALMS race was the same price if you didn't buy one at the door.
Old 15 Aug 2014, 00:11 (Ref:3444380)   #24
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Really? They were so slow to react. It didn't need to take so long. For heavens sake the cars haven't even arrived at the circuit and they couldn't clear the track quickly.
This wouldn't have happened if the IMSA safety team were still around, and you know it! #nascar
Old 15 Aug 2014, 00:46 (Ref:3444384)   #25
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMan View Post
$80 for the 2-day ticket seems crazy. Last year's ALMS race was the same price if you didn't buy one at the door.
That is indeed pricey considering the advanced order for a PLM 4 day "super ticket" is 80 bucks.