Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 6 May 2019, 19:50 (Ref:3902346)   #351
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
No, but my late father managed to go there, as did my brother back in 2016 the year of the Toyota disaster
Yes every racing fan should experience le mans once, i did in 1985 and this will be my 34 time.
Old 6 May 2019, 19:51 (Ref:3902347)   #352
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Maybe I will when the future rules have been sorted out, although it might be hard to sort everything out. Certainly you would have seen great races there. What’s everyone’s favourite memory of the race?
Old 6 May 2019, 20:12 (Ref:3902352)   #353
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
No reason why it should be hard to sort out, unless you're not in the UK? Even saying that, we have Tenthers come to Le Mans from all over the world. If you're in the UK, you just need to hop on a ferry and drive a few miles. You've got all year to save up for the tickets!
Old 6 May 2019, 20:32 (Ref:3902355)   #354
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Thanks for the info. I need to think long and hard about it. I can see why you guys go there. I tend to be more an armchair fan as it’s easier. I’ll have to see what I can do
Old 6 May 2019, 21:07 (Ref:3902360)   #355
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Life isn't meant to be easy! You'll miss out on too much. Watch this and tell me you wouldn't rather be there instead of in your armchair. These are moments I wait all year for......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6z1LLNqLTM&t=15s
Old 7 May 2019, 08:11 (Ref:3902422)   #356
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mathias Beche joins High Class Racing.

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2019/0...r-le-mans.html
Old 7 May 2019, 08:17 (Ref:3902425)   #357
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
United Autosports to occupy new pit garages, and other news...

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2019/0...nch-party.html
Old 8 May 2019, 07:15 (Ref:3902558)   #358
Lutzvic
Racer

Lutzvic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
serious doubts

https://www.motorsport.com/lemans/ne...82971/?nrt=102
Old 8 May 2019, 08:07 (Ref:3902569)   #359
Mike E
Veteran

A lot will depend on the effectiveness of the Rebellion/SMP low drag configurations.
Old 8 May 2019, 08:12 (Ref:3902571)   #360
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It seems to my uneducated eyes, that there was a lot less space between the Toyotas and the Privateers last weekend. Also I don't know, but were the reliability issues of the No. 7 caused by having to be faster?
Old 8 May 2019, 08:54 (Ref:3902576)   #361
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm more hopeful for 2020 as I think we'll possibly see the Toyotas neutered by BoP. Until then I've got zero hopes for this year's race. Full on regulation changes are required to make a difference IMO.

And even after all that you've got to still factor in reliability. Despite the Spa hiccup I'd still massively back Toyota over 24 hours.
Old 8 May 2019, 09:37 (Ref:3902578)   #362
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Me too, however Toyota, despite their excellent run last year, are still prone to problems. I still believe anything could happen, but it's obviously Toyota's to lose...
Old 8 May 2019, 12:57 (Ref:3902629)   #363
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Me too, however Toyota, despite their excellent run last year, are still prone to problems. I still believe anything could happen, but it's obviously Toyota's to lose...
Agreed, Toyota look the class act but anything can happen over 24 hours and we will see what happens in a few weeks
Old 8 May 2019, 15:44 (Ref:3902647)   #364
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
BMW third drivers revealed. One change from last year. Jesse Krohn in the #82:

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2019/0...r-le-mans.html
Old 9 May 2019, 09:25 (Ref:3902750)   #365
Mike E
Veteran

Am I right in thinking that the only two officially unconfirmed seats in GTE Pro are the 3rd drivers for the Astons? Or did I miss an announcement?
Old 9 May 2019, 09:47 (Ref:3902760)   #366
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Am I right in thinking that the only two officially unconfirmed seats in GTE Pro are the 3rd drivers for the Astons? Or did I miss an announcement?
I've not seen anything on this either. The TF Sport third seat also appears to still be free so I wonder whether either Turner or Adam will move into that.

I hope Turner is in the race as it would be a shame to see a 16-year streak ended.
Old 9 May 2019, 10:47 (Ref:3902771)   #367
Mike E
Veteran

Who have Aston got waiting in the wings?

Jake Dennis from the DTM/Blancpain programs? He has an LPM2 start to his name.

Or Danny Juncadella.
Not sure about Ferdinand Zvonimir Maria Balthus Keith Michael Otto Antal Bahnam Leonhard von Habsburg-Lothringen, known colloquially as Ferdinand Habsburg.
And di Resta is driving for United, of course.

And then there are the rest of the R Motorsport Blancpain drivers who aren't already in the race:
Matt Parry
Hugo de Sadeleer
Aaro Vainio
Marvin Kirchofer
Ricky Collard
Old 9 May 2019, 11:01 (Ref:3902773)   #368
Mike E
Veteran

Princess Charlene of Monaco named as LM starter

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...-mans-starter/
Old 9 May 2019, 11:44 (Ref:3902777)   #369
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Who have Aston got waiting in the wings?

Jake Dennis from the DTM/Blancpain programs? He has an LPM2 start to his name.

Or Danny Juncadella.
Not sure about Ferdinand Zvonimir Maria Balthus Keith Michael Otto Antal Bahnam Leonhard von Habsburg-Lothringen, known colloquially as Ferdinand Habsburg.
And di Resta is driving for United, of course.

And then there are the rest of the R Motorsport Blancpain drivers who aren't already in the race:
Matt Parry
Hugo de Sadeleer
Aaro Vainio
Marvin Kirchofer
Ricky Collard
I've wanted to see Juncadella in a GTE for a while. It just feels like a bit of a risk to throw someone into that car for the first time at Le Mans. I'd assumed it would just be Turner and Adam split across the cars - but if so why not just announce it?
Old 9 May 2019, 11:53 (Ref:3902780)   #370
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Could they not find an old racing driver to wave the flag?
Old 9 May 2019, 12:09 (Ref:3902787)   #371
Mike E
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Could they not find an old racing driver to wave the flag?
The flag appears to be made out of an old theatre curtain and is too heavy for old racing drivers to lift. Better to get a not so old Olympic athlete to do it.
Old 9 May 2019, 13:01 (Ref:3902791)   #372
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nigel Moore completes Inter Europol team - http://www.dailysportscar.com/2019/0...s-line-up.html

I had ELMS full-season driver Dani Clos in that seat but actually I think this was based on an assumption from Sportscar365. Not for the first time...
Old 9 May 2019, 13:50 (Ref:3902793)   #373
Mike E
Veteran

Could we see a change in the #25? Mark Patterson is in hospital with a hip injury following a testing crash at Monza. All the best to the old chap.

"Mark is in a local Milan hospital with an injury to his hip, and looks set to be out of racing for some time."

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2019/0...-accident.html
Old 9 May 2019, 17:20 (Ref:3902816)   #374
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Surely he's related to Johann Gambolputty de von Ausfern- schplenden- schlitter- crasscrenbon- fried- digger- dingle- dangle- dongle- dungle- burstein- von- knacker- thrasher- apple- banger- horowitz- ticolensic- grander- knotty- spelltinkle- grandlich- grumblemeyer- spelterwasser- kurstlich- himbleeisen- bahnwagen- gutenabend- bitte- ein- nürnburger- bratwustle- gerspurten- mitz- weimache- luber- hundsfut- gumberaber- shönedanker- kalbsfleisch- mittler- aucher von Hautkopft of Ulm?

Quote:
The flag appears to be made out of an old theatre curtain and is too heavy for old racing drivers to lift. Better to get a not so old Olympic athlete to do it.
She will of course do so very serenely.......
Old 9 May 2019, 17:23 (Ref:3902818)   #375
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Nigel Moore completes Inter Europol team - http://www.dailysportscar.com/2019/0...s-line-up.html

I had ELMS full-season driver Dani Clos in that seat but actually I think this was based on an assumption from Sportscar365. Not for the first time...
I had Clos too, but I didn't get that from S365 (not directly, anyway). Somewhere that I don't recall....