Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 11 Nov 2010, 19:19 (Ref:2788757)   #1
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Riley P2 Coupe

I just saw a heading over on Mariantic that "Autosport" have a pic of a Riley P2 Coupe .

I found this , It aint no Coupe . but any pics of this Coupe please ?

http://dlstatic.speedtv.com/imageser...uL8rW/623x.jpg
Old 11 Nov 2010, 19:37 (Ref:2788776)   #2
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hopefully this works.

http://i51.tinypic.com/a47pc5.jpg
Old 11 Nov 2010, 19:48 (Ref:2788782)   #3
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
That pic looks like something they had designed a few years ago .
Old 11 Nov 2010, 21:15 (Ref:2788813)   #4
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I sure hope to see the Riley car become popular with teams. They already said they won't be able to make money on selling these P2's, but are doing it for a fun - lets see how good of a car we can make - exercise.
Old 12 Nov 2010, 00:07 (Ref:2788895)   #5
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Mulsanne Mike has posted on Facebook that he's looking for more/better info...
Watch that space?

It may be old, but it DOES have a fin!
Old 12 Nov 2010, 00:26 (Ref:2788907)   #6
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Old coupe.

http://www.planetlemans.com/2005/06/...-lmp1-gtp-car/
Old 12 Nov 2010, 11:21 (Ref:2789066)   #7
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
Mulsanne Mike has posted on Facebook that he's looking for more/better info...
Watch that space?

It may be old, but it DOES have a fin!
Photos went up last night. Check either the FB page or the website under the current news.
Old 12 Nov 2010, 15:34 (Ref:2789186)   #8
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks for posting the renderings Mike. I noticed that the fin has an element that continues all the way onto the wing, is it legal to have that piece on top of the wing?
Old 12 Nov 2010, 22:31 (Ref:2789379)   #9
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Thanks for posting the renderings Mike. I noticed that the fin has an element that continues all the way onto the wing, is it legal to have that piece on top of the wing?
That's the wing mount. The outboard mounts are merely for rules compliance. In reality the endplates take all the wing loading.
Old 13 Nov 2010, 00:59 (Ref:2789427)   #10
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by MulsanneMike View Post
That's the wing mount. The outboard mounts are merely for rules compliance. In reality the endplates take all the wing loading.
Now that I have looked at this on a screen bigger than my phone I see what you mean. It is a quite interesting wing, the single swan neck element is in profile with the fin and there are two smaller wing supports, as well as the end plates which appear to be connected to the bodywork.
Old 19 Nov 2010, 15:48 (Ref:2793141)   #11
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
A bit more information on the MkXXV, which will be available in an open and a closed version http://www.lemans.org/en/races/inter...0%A2_2394.html
Old 19 Nov 2010, 18:25 (Ref:2793182)   #12
The Badger
Veteran

That sounds a little strange ..... as they should be structuraly and radically differant . Also leads me to believe that no firm orders are on the books yet ?

Wonder what they will wheel outta their workshops first ?
Old 19 Nov 2010, 18:54 (Ref:2793195)   #13
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
That sounds a little strange ..... as they should be structuraly and radically differant . Also leads me to believe that no firm orders are on the books yet ?

Wonder what they will wheel outta their workshops first ?
Initially I would have thought the open cockpit car would the first to turn a wheel, but now it looks like they have interest from a team in running a coupe version and that will be on display at Sebring, with a likely track debut in April 2011.
Old 22 Nov 2010, 14:04 (Ref:2794244)   #14
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
E-I spoke to Bill Riley and asked him a few questions. Looks like not being ready for Sebring could well be hurting them when it comes to customers. Which is understandable. Marc Goosens on testing duties but they are just waiting to make a sale before jumping into action.

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...ance-5694.html
Old 23 Nov 2010, 00:45 (Ref:2794530)   #15
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Not starting until you have customers is problematic if the feedback you're getting from potential customers is that their biggest sticking point is the lateness with which the first car would be completed...
Old 23 Nov 2010, 14:27 (Ref:2794727)   #16
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I must say, despite thier last two LMP efforts not being too successful (the cadillac & black thing) this does look like quite an effort from Riley to jump into the LMP market, for sure they know what they are doing in the DP marketplace, and I'm sure that has pushed their aero development tools much harder than ever before, their presentation on mariantic does seem to imply that have a good understanding of CFD.......the open and coupe renderings released do look like thay have had quite alot of time slaved over them, it would be nice to see an alternative to lolas........but no mention of a chosen engine package! I guess if they can fit a V8 they can fit any of the new engines out there........I'm sure that being a home grown US product that someone will buy one eventually.......best of luck me says ;-)

I'll leave the colour schemes and drivers for another day!!!
Old 23 Nov 2010, 16:52 (Ref:2794778)   #17
JAG
Veteran

England
It was said the car will be designed around the Acura and Roush turbo engines.

Riley are in a difficult position, they need to prove themselves with an ACO reg car but given how successful the DP has been it has the potential to be dominant on NA circuits in particular.
Old 23 Nov 2010, 18:37 (Ref:2794819)   #18
The Badger
Veteran

I often wonder how well that R&S MK.3C would have gone with a bit of money behind it . It was a super quick car ..... just a little unreliable , but that wasnt down to the engine .

I think they have proven that they can build a quick car ..... we just need to see that translated to currant regs .

I have supreme faith in Riley .
Old 24 Nov 2010, 22:00 (Ref:2795397)   #19
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I often wonder how well that R&S MK.3C would have gone with a bit of money behind it . It was a super quick car ..... just a little unreliable , but that wasnt down to the engine .

I think they have proven that they can build a quick car ..... we just need to see that translated to currant regs .

I have supreme faith in Riley .
Wasn't it usually engine woes that derailed them? Especially at Daytona for Dyson. Seems like they were leading every year in the late 1990s and early 2000s and then would have an engine problem.

DK
Old 25 Nov 2010, 01:05 (Ref:2795452)   #20
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxk1 View Post
Wasn't it usually engine woes that derailed them? Especially at Daytona for Dyson. Seems like they were leading every year in the late 1990s and early 2000s and then would have an engine problem.

DK
Sorry , thats what I ment .
Old 18 Dec 2010, 02:24 (Ref:2805848)   #21
The Badger
Veteran

Im getting a bit worried about the lack of posts in this thread !

I thought there was a team who were going to enter the ALMS with a Riley ?

Jim Matthews where are ya now dude ?

Riley needs to enter a car in his own name . We all know that Riley can build a great sportscar ..... but that needs some push behind it too , as they havent done a lot with respect to ALMS the last few years .

Right ..... JMR back with a Riley/Honda/Dunlop ..... Goossens-Kane ..... for a start .

Any news about Riley ?
Old 18 Dec 2010, 02:31 (Ref:2805851)   #22
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxk1 View Post

DK
But that was the MKIIIA & MK IIIB ..... Im talkin "C" , C was the new for 2002 model . Which probably would have been the new Cadillac , if GM had stayed with R&S for another term , which they were supposed to have done , and shoulda done IMO .

Very quick car ..... 8th on grid at Le Mans , 2nd at Daytona and 3rd at Sebring ..... just Audi & bentley in front ..... and a Dome . That Dome was amazing too .

Dyson won at least 2 Daytona 24 ..... and Doyle won one . So , in the engine department it did quite well .
Old 18 Dec 2010, 07:42 (Ref:2805875)   #23
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

Any news about Riley ?
No buyers with money as of yet.... Couldn't get built in time for Sebring now anyway.
Old 8 Apr 2011, 08:40 (Ref:2860429)   #24
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
John Dagys has some updates on the Riley LMP2 car on his twitter:
Quote:
Spoke with Bill Riley. Says construction of LMP2 car yet to start. Waiting on down payment from team.
Quote:
Riley confirmed he's had talks with Signature, but no money yet. Riley in negotiations w/ 6 interested parties both in US and Europe.
Quote:
Riley also said car will take 5-6 months to build once given the green light. Is now hoping for Sebring 2012 debut.
Old 9 Apr 2011, 06:51 (Ref:2860766)   #25
The Badger
Veteran

Sounds like a bit of a dream really .

Riley should build that car and race it themselves ..... they made enough money in GA . Showcase their own product otherwise , I fear it wont happen .