Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 7 Aug 2003, 17:14 (Ref:682121)   #1
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
save Monthléry!

If it isn't too late already.

A whole while ago, some of us jokingly came up with a "Say 'oui' to Monthléry!" campaign. - This joke has become reality.

This legendary circuit's homologation is about to expire; the track is such in a lamentable state that it will not be won back without repair work. The owners have already stated that they are not willing to spend the money.

Perhaps another solution can be found.

At http://www.motorlegend.com/montlhery/index.php you can sign a petition, initiated by M. Francois O'Born (multiple Le Mans participant, both in the "contemporary" and "Legends" races, and most recently a member of the Sezio FLorida ALMS team), to bring this matter to the attention of the general public, and most importantly, the French government:

"The Linas-Montlhery Motor-Racing track in danger of definite closing on May 2005

This Mecca for french car history which welcame numerous speed pioneers since 1920 and where many records have been broken, place of duel for most important makes during the Automobile Club de France‘s GP, is doomed to demolition.

François O’born, automobile driver, moto driver and collector, proposes you to do the best all together in order to fight against this programed disappearance by sending a petition to government.

Through this petition, we will gather all mechanic sport lovers in a last effort, trying to save this mythical site, in order to let drivers and audience trampling its ground and asphalt.

We also want to make government react, those who manage this heritage, in order to preserve this work.

In addition to its glorious past, the motor-racing track of Linas-Montlhéry – with an architectural concept - is a real historical monument. It is the last survivor among most important speed sites built at the beginning of the century in the US and Europe (Indianapolis, Brooklands, Monza).

Several french and foreign motor manufacturers (both car and moto), sport VIP and specialized press people already support this rescue process.

Help us confirming your interest for this case. Just one minute is enough to join the petition on line, leave your contact numbers in order to be kept posted on the progress of our action.

Together, let’s save the Linas-Montlhéry motor-racing track and prevent it to become an industrial wasteland."

http://www.motorlegend.com/montlhery/index.php
Old 8 Aug 2003, 02:08 (Ref:682488)   #2
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Signed it. One of my favorite tracks in the world, I'd be absolutely beside myself if it went the way of Brooklands and Riverside.
Old 8 Aug 2003, 04:09 (Ref:682510)   #3
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
The Foothills of North Georgia
Fish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Lee just wants the nod on reconfiguring the layout if the circuit survives. (Fourth post from the top)
Old 8 Aug 2003, 07:45 (Ref:682582)   #4
Gilles
Racer

European Union
Le Manshire - the 87th British county
Gilles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Signed it too...

... after Montlhéry, it could be some part of LM too.

The le Mans' opening sequence Maison Blanche 2 houses are already down, not talking about Mulsanne hill these last years...

... it's not the taking part but the winning that counts !
Old 8 Aug 2003, 17:35 (Ref:683087)   #5
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Signed it as well... I have great memories of that track (with motorbikes races, sorry : the Bol d'Argent).
Old 9 Aug 2003, 06:55 (Ref:683467)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm in now too.
Old 9 Aug 2003, 16:35 (Ref:683745)   #7
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

And maybe I'll get the hang of the spelling one day - it is of course MONTLHÉRY.

Thanks to all who have signed, and please spread the word.
Old 9 Aug 2003, 20:38 (Ref:683842)   #8
Gilles
Racer

European Union
Le Manshire - the 87th British county
Gilles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Someone on Club Arnage forum suggested to have a road trip from le Mans to Montlhéry next june to demonstrate.

Such an international demonstration could be striking and maybe enough interesting to attract mass media interest here in France.

Do you simply imagine foreign people who come in France to demonstrate ???? I really want to see it, an uninteromped line of classics, kit cars and even modern from the Bugatti to the autodrome of Montlhéry (it's only 180 kms...)

... it's not the taking part but the winning that counts !
Old 9 Aug 2003, 21:17 (Ref:683865)   #9
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
Quote:
Originally posted by Gilles
Do you simply imagine foreign people who come in France to demonstrate ????
Americans.
Old 9 Aug 2003, 21:18 (Ref:683867)   #10
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ive signed up now also. How much good it will do though I dont know, we need thousands of people Im afraid. No less..
Old 10 Aug 2003, 03:17 (Ref:683980)   #11
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by cybersdorf
Americans.
I'd show up if someone could provide a car. Something nice, like a Cobra or a Porsche 550.