Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 31 Jul 2009, 11:41 (Ref:2512357)   #1
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Are the other Holden teams going to lose with T8 going red?

R the other Holden teams KELLY RACING, SPRINT GAS, GRM, BJR, PMM going to loose there HOLDEN money now that T8 have signed up to the dark side. And is there now two factory Holden teams in HRT & T8 like two FORD factory teams.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 31 Jul 2009, 11:46 (Ref:2512361)   #2
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
'Are'.
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 31 Jul 2009, 11:55 (Ref:2512375)   #3
Falcon GT
Rookie

Falcon GT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep Holden funding will be going to 888 and HRT

Some blokes here question Fords loyalty yet Holden have just bought the best Ford team and dumped all the teams that have stayed loyal to them
Old 31 Jul 2009, 12:18 (Ref:2512396)   #4
petebendon
Rookie

petebendon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i dont care either way but sprint gas, grm, bjr, kellys and perkins havent delivered the goods to holden -- millions with no proper results...............t8 are delivering the goods and its not a deliverent fund, holden should be in it to win it, same with ford!!!!!!!
Old 31 Jul 2009, 12:22 (Ref:2512402)   #5
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, NSW, or a track near you
rdmdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They were going to loose it anyway. HRT Confirmed their Holden contract today also.
Old 31 Jul 2009, 13:47 (Ref:2512454)   #6
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSR View Post
Are the other Holden teams KELLY RACING, SPRINT GAS, GRM, BJR, PMM going to loose their HOLDEN money now that T8 have signed up to the dark side?
Lets see here:
Paul Morris Motorsport: Very unlikely. Paul Morris have got a good relationship with Holden with the Holden Driver Testing Ground/Proving Ground. I can't see Holden turning it's back on something that they have spend mega dollars on alongside the Morris family.

Garry Rodgers Motorsport: Very unlikely. GRM have also got a good relationship with Holden and WP (using Walkinshaw made engines) and their form of late giving Holden a win, pole and a few solid finishes means that Holden would have to make a good excuse up to drop GRM from the money fold. It would mean that GRM would be seeing financial red too (pardon the pun) as they are a small team.

Brad Jones Racing: Unlikely. BJR, Walkinshaw and Holden get along pretty good. They aren't always at the front but they are consistent performers.

Kelly Racing/Perkins Engineering: Likely. A four car team that has got the guts and money to race without factory financial support. Holden only support half the teams cars anyway so it's not a big loss to them.

Sprint Gas Racing (Tasman Motorsport): Very likely. Doesn't run Holden signage (except on clothing) and methinks that the team has the financial capacity do go alone. Also, the team hasn't set the world on fire so it's not a big loss to Holden to take back that slice of pie that SGR is getting.

Rod Nash Racing (Bottle-O-Racing): Very likely. A very poor performance over the last couple of seasons. Even with the very experienced Glenn Seton doing his best performance as Scotty still hasn't converted into good results. I think Holden is wasting precious money on this team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSR View Post
And is there now two factory Holden teams in HRT & T8 like the two FORD factory teams?
I wasn't aware that Walkinshaw Performace Racing (Paul Dumbrell and David Reynolds) isn't considered a factory backed outfit.
Old 31 Jul 2009, 14:05 (Ref:2512470)   #7
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
of all the teams i think are getting hard done by it's GRM. they have carried Holden a fair few times this year, they are a small outfit and have been long loyal servants to Holden.
Old 31 Jul 2009, 16:47 (Ref:2512575)   #8
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Personally I'm not sure that many of the Holden teams are getting any/many $$$ from Holden anyway. The quiet press release put out by Holden after Ford's big 2-team announcement I thought said as much...
Old 31 Jul 2009, 23:18 (Ref:2512841)   #9
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, NSW, or a track near you
rdmdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm with John, GRM SGR and BJR are not going to fold if they miss out on Holden's contribution to their sponsorship income.
Old 1 Aug 2009, 07:49 (Ref:2512973)   #10
Belly13
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst, NSW
Belly13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer View Post
of all the teams i think are getting hard done by it's GRM. they have carried Holden a fair few times this year, they are a small outfit and have been long loyal servants to Holden.
I'm glad someone on this forum besides me has got some common sense Pro!!!
GRM's #1 Supporter 2014
Bloody Volvo Drivers...
Old 1 Aug 2009, 12:55 (Ref:2513175)   #11
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Never picked you as a GRM fan Belly...
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 1 Aug 2009, 15:30 (Ref:2513244)   #12
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Interesting...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 1 Aug 2009, 22:46 (Ref:2513542)   #13
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mr McKay's musings
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 2 Aug 2009, 06:16 (Ref:2513685)   #14
emjaya
Racer

Aland Islands
in a house
emjaya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As Larry said some years back, most of the V8 field is just kidding themselves if they think they will ever win a race, much less a championship. They're only there to make up the numbers. Whether they drive a Holden or a Ford is important only to the fans, not to the manufacturers.

Jones, Perkins, Morris, Rodgers (yes, I know, HV. Good luck repeating it.) all of them fit into that category: just making up the numbers.

Holden only has to put money into one team. As long as that team wins the championship, what happens to the other holden teams doesn't matter.

It's not like the other teams have any real choice in what other brand of car they drive.
Holden: doesn't care, Ford: cares even less.
Old 3 Aug 2009, 11:34 (Ref:2514510)   #15
Belly13
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst, NSW
Belly13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatters View Post
Never picked you as a GRM fan Belly...
I know what you mean
GRM's #1 Supporter 2014
Bloody Volvo Drivers...