Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 11 Mar 2009, 11:17 (Ref:2413551)   #51
profi
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
profi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like that it doesn't have many stickers. Takes away the corporate look and makes it look like a race car.
Old 11 Mar 2009, 11:18 (Ref:2413552)   #52
kowalski the lone driver
Rookie

Australia
brisbane
kowalski the lone driver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
there are now a couple of protec stickers on the front spoiler
Old 11 Mar 2009, 11:21 (Ref:2413555)   #53
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by profi View Post
I like that it doesn't have many stickers. Takes away the corporate look and makes it look like a race car.
No stickers = no budget... thats not a good thing at all!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 11 Mar 2009, 11:27 (Ref:2413559)   #54
profi
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
profi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
No stickers = no budget... thats not a good thing at all!
haha maybe fujitsu have given enough money to cover everything, his car is getting plenty of publicity.

or is it a bluff for the start of the season

if he goes well he will get sponsors, but he's broke so i dont know how he can afford to go fast
Old 11 Mar 2009, 11:52 (Ref:2413569)   #55
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I would imagine the #25 car's budget is topped up by the franchise income off the leased #333 car's Racing Entitlement Contract...
Old 11 Mar 2009, 22:22 (Ref:2413937)   #56
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Not so sure...
All I can say, is that it's pretty bright...!!!
Old 12 Mar 2009, 02:54 (Ref:2414059)   #57
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Herd a very strong comment coming out of the test day at the paperclip, a very senior team owner said Mr Bright needs to listen to certain people around him.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 12 Mar 2009, 03:29 (Ref:2414066)   #58
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Not so sure...
So no love from Ford, despite being run by SBR?
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 12 Mar 2009, 07:12 (Ref:2414107)   #59
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
are you colour blind Chatters, thats green, not blue
Old 12 Mar 2009, 07:28 (Ref:2414109)   #60
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Perhaps you mis-understood my post- I was pointing out the fact that despite the car is being run by SBR (a 'factory' team) this year, there's no Ford signage on it...
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 12 Mar 2009, 08:57 (Ref:2414143)   #61
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatters View Post
Perhaps you mis-understood my post- I was pointing out the fact that despite the car is being run by SBR (a 'factory' team) this year, there's no Ford signage on it...
Its just a technical alliance with SBR.

They wont be getting any ford/SP/Irwin money etc.
Old 12 Mar 2009, 11:02 (Ref:2414200)   #62
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
But SBR is getting Britek's Irwin money plus (or as part of) a fee for services?

Seems a bit lopsided...

If Alex Davison is outside the championship top 10 after a few rounds, they could do worse than to swap the liveries on the #25 BF and #4 FG and have Bright drive out of the main SBR garage, giving direct technical input to the next gen SBR Falcon...
Old 12 Mar 2009, 11:05 (Ref:2414201)   #63
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatters View Post
I think peckstar is insisting that Falcons must have blue livieries if a Ford factory deal is any chance.

With an effort like that, Bright may be better off looking for a tie-in with the local Kawasaki motorcycle racing team.
Old 12 Mar 2009, 14:26 (Ref:2414305)   #64
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
But SBR is getting Britek's Irwin money plus (or as part of) a fee for services?

Seems a bit lopsided...

If Alex Davison is outside the championship top 10 after a few rounds, they could do worse than to swap the liveries on the #25 BF and #4 FG and have Bright drive out of the main SBR garage, giving direct technical input to the next gen SBR Falcon...
Didn't mean to put irwin in there. Same deal with PMM and TK, no supercheap dollars will go towards the TK car, its purely technical helpings.
Old 12 Mar 2009, 20:24 (Ref:2414500)   #65
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
use the head not the heart ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post

Seems a bit lopsided...

What sort of guess? Lopsided, what?

Factor in commercial agreements, based on recent years Bright has an agreement with Fujitsu that may not include SBR doing whatever ... just as the Bright cat was never going to wear #4.

Are you sure the Irwin sponsorship deal is with Britek?
Old 12 Mar 2009, 23:04 (Ref:2414591)   #66
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavvy View Post
What sort of guess? Lopsided, what?

Factor in commercial agreements, based on recent years Bright has an agreement with Fujitsu that may not include SBR doing whatever ... just as the Bright cat was never going to wear #4.

Are you sure the Irwin sponsorship deal is with Britek?
Sorry to offend, my apologies.

"...while Marcus Marshall climbs aboard the IRWIN Racing Falcon as part of a two-year agreement with the team." http://www.v8x.com.au/cms/A_109963/article.html

Unless contracts have been broken, it seems the IRWIN money is arranged to SBR via Britek.

Of course Ford fans would like to see Bright mixing it up the works #4 SBR car from their main garage, nothing strange there! ..bringing his Fujitsu sponsorship, while Davison swaps over to drive a third Irwin BF under Britek's license which is obviously unfortunate for Alex Davison fans (IMHO!!!: which is where the lopsided comes from as Bright's BF won't be the latest spec, even though he brought two cars worth of sponsors to the team, including one for their main cars, so why not just drive one of the main cars with his skills and profile? - sorry to offend regarding inaccuracies, just an uninformed opinion ).

Uninformed waffle ahead : He is driving a SBR-prepped car anyway and there's no reason why Davison couldn't use Bright's license. But there may be clear contractual differences and Brights car might be being prepared to a customer 'price' that could(?) be short of the 5 million per car of Vodafone and the likes, so there might be a clearly defined difference in Bright's resources to a primary SBR car???? which is fair enough if that means they have to be clearly seperate.
Old 12 Mar 2009, 23:42 (Ref:2414616)   #67
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
I was under the impression that Irwin Tools was placed at Britek by Mr de Dear's Senacon Marketing... presumably that is the deal now at SBR for the #4 car...
Old 13 Mar 2009, 00:47 (Ref:2414645)   #68
drift king
Racer

drift king should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Original contract between Irwin and Britec was broken. New deal is purely between Irwin and SBR and Stuart Dedear is out of the picture. Irwin wanted to keep racing even through the britec deal prematurely ended so were simply introduced to SBR and they did a deal.
Brights car may be run out of a separate garage at he races (due to series regs) but is prepared in the SBR workshop by SBR employees just like the other two cars. For all intensive purposes, it is run as a third SBR entry. Don't be fooled by thinking that less effort is put into that car. There was nothing wrong with it at the end of last year so it will still be competitive now. BF and VE were very close in parity depending on the day, fg should have parity to VE so not much should have changed. Except that Bright is hopping into a very well sorted car to start the season while the 4 and 9 cars might have a bit of sorting still to do?
Old 13 Mar 2009, 02:22 (Ref:2414677)   #69
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That being the case, are the drivers of #4 and #9 the best blokes to sort the FG? I would have thought Mr Bright would be a better choice.

I dare say no one here is privvy to the finer details of the deal which took place between Britek and SBR. There'd be more to it, and we just need to sit back and watch other guys stay towards the front of the field while this lot sort themselves out.
Old 13 Mar 2009, 07:49 (Ref:2414736)   #70
MRJUCY
Veteran

Australia
At the pub
MRJUCY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I notice that Bright's car is running a Ford badge which the Assaillit car isn't.
Old 13 Mar 2009, 08:25 (Ref:2414750)   #71
dazza027
Racer

dazza027 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSR View Post
Herd a very strong comment coming out of the test day at the paperclip, a very senior team owner said Mr Bright needs to listen to certain people around him.
Well, that has to be about the most vague post ever posted in the history of posting... My friend, that may as well have come from the astrology page in Take 5 magazine for all the information it implied. Care to ellaborate just a little?
Old 14 Mar 2009, 06:44 (Ref:2415339)   #72
banksie
Racer

Australia
Victoria
banksie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by F J Nedos View Post
That being the case, are the drivers of #4 and #9 the best blokes to sort the FG? I would have thought Mr Bright would be a better choice.
Ford said the two SBR cars must start the season in FG's.
Old 30 Mar 2009, 10:58 (Ref:2428880)   #73
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Interesting in MeN tonight that Mr Bright's new SBR-run FG is scheduled to debut at Winton.

The past 2 meetings have been average performance-wise in race lap speeds for the 3 SBR cars. Clearly Mr Van Gisbergen is quickest... by ~0.5s/lap back to Mr Bright... and Mr Davison somewhere about that gap behind.

Where will an FG put Mr Bright?

My guess is that he will slightly edge Mr Van Gisbergen... which should put him to a top 10.... maybe....

Some more sponsors might be nice though....
Old 15 Apr 2009, 00:54 (Ref:2440954)   #74
kiwi butt
Rookie

New Zealand-Maori
Papatoetoe
kiwi butt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After a long boozy session with Jason at the weekend, he admitted that he doesnt have the budget to finish the season out.

Oh Jason, how the mighty have fallen.

Maybe if he stopped smoking 2 packs a day he might drive better? Or cut down the bourbon demolishing from a bottle a night.

Maybe Marky Mark could buy your second licence and go Team Kiwi Racing
Old 17 Apr 2009, 09:37 (Ref:2442881)   #75
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi butt View Post
After a long boozy session with Jason at the weekend, he admitted that he doesnt have the budget to finish the season out.

Oh Jason, how the mighty have fallen.

Maybe if he stopped smoking 2 packs a day he might drive better? Or cut down the bourbon demolishing from a bottle a night.

Maybe Marky Mark could buy your second licence and go Team Kiwi Racing
He could also sit out the remainder, and sign for the FPR #6, smoker or not I'm sure Bright would be a logical replacement for Richards.