Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 30 Jun 2011, 02:11 (Ref:2908355)   #1
Oreti kid
Racer

New Zealand
Toowoomba
Oreti kid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rally banned from public roads

the Tararua district Council has declined road closure permits for a round of the New Zealand Rally Championship because it is in lambing season and that the lambs might get upset and stressed. The mind Bogles.
Old 30 Jun 2011, 02:27 (Ref:2908357)   #2
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
i take it you're a city boy
Old 30 Jun 2011, 02:55 (Ref:2908361)   #3
brown dog
Racer

brown dog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbrown dog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think Teretonga/Oreti beach/invercargill would qualify as a city
Old 30 Jun 2011, 03:13 (Ref:2908364)   #4
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good news - a sensible decision to keep farmers happy.

With the closure of another meat works, every lamb counts!
Old 30 Jun 2011, 03:45 (Ref:2908372)   #5
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brown dog View Post
I don't think Teretonga/Oreti beach/invercargill would qualify as a city
a townie then?
Old 30 Jun 2011, 07:30 (Ref:2908411)   #6
Oreti kid
Racer

New Zealand
Toowoomba
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
a townie then?
definitely a country boy and a ex gravel driver, now tarmac(Targa)
Old 30 Jun 2011, 08:45 (Ref:2908444)   #7
Tracie
Rookie

Tracie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
gosh this will certainly be news to all rally organisers!!! - Not -- has been a consideration for a number of years

by the way very up to date news as the event in question was held 28/29 May - only a month ago
Old 30 Jun 2011, 08:52 (Ref:2908450)   #8
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It! View Post
Good news - a sensible decision to keep farmers happy.

With the closure of another meat works, every lamb counts!
you could sneak under the radar, now that the gutless Aust Govt has bowed to the minority to ban live exports, NZ could get a good slice of the market
Old 30 Jun 2011, 10:07 (Ref:2908473)   #9
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As an aside, fomoco, some years ago - quite a lot actually when I reflect - I was half-offered the chance to travel with a live shipment as a farmer representative to see what happens on the boat and make sure that the animal welfare is looked after. I wish I'd done it.

The Danny F would take 100,000 sheep at a time and loses were around 1%.Not bad when you consider the diet shock that the sheep got - 4-5 days to go from a grass diet to a pellet diet.

It'd be interesting to catch up with George and the boys from Sydney and see what their plans are.

The biggest hurdle NZ faced was ensuring that the animals were humanely killed at the other end - Arabs are a bit like seagulls and like their sheep's eyes to be really fresh.

If I did it these days, I would try and tie it in with the V8 Supercar round or F1 in the Middle East.....and there's the link to motorsport.
Old 30 Jun 2011, 21:24 (Ref:2908902)   #10
sollitt
Rookie

Italy
Buonconvento
sollitt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oreti Kid, as one of the organising team of this NZRC round I'd like to know where you read that. Particularly as the event ran on it's scheduled date 4 weeks ago.
Old 30 Jun 2011, 23:19 (Ref:2908960)   #11
sollitt
Rookie

Italy
Buonconvento
sollitt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After a little investigative work I have discovered that it may not be our event, Rally Wairarapa, to which the article refers but NZRC Round 5 Rally Hawkes Bay which it appears has moved from it's traditional Wairoa base in Northern Hawkes Bay down into the Northern Tararua district and have applied for several road closures there for a late August date. This would place it around lambing time.

Why it is an issue is that speeding noisy rally cars can spook the sheep into dropping their lambs and then abandoning them. Stock reproduction is clearly important for farmers livelihood and we must work in very closely with farmers and councils - which we do.
Old 1 Jul 2011, 00:23 (Ref:2908997)   #12
Oreti kid
Racer

New Zealand
Toowoomba
Yep this is 100% on the mark it is Rally hawkes Bay and is probably wrong time of year and yes my understanding is that the Rally Wairarapa team work very well with councils also as they now run the Malcom Stewart Memorial along side the national round who could deny them.
i apologise for not putting the rally name in guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollitt View Post
After a little investigative work I have discovered that it may not be our event, Rally Wairarapa, to which the article refers but NZRC Round 5 Rally Hawkes Bay which it appears has moved from it's traditional Wairoa base in Northern Hawkes Bay down into the Northern Tararua district and have applied for several road closures there for a late August date. This would place it around lambing time.

Why it is an issue is that speeding noisy rally cars can spook the sheep into dropping their lambs and then abandoning them. Stock reproduction is clearly important for farmers livelihood and we must work in very closely with farmers and councils - which we do.