Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 27 Nov 2005, 16:40 (Ref:1471431)   #1
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
British F3 2006 Silly Season

Has anyone got any news on entries for next year? Confirmed teams, drivers, chassis/engines, number of cars each team will run?

I haven't been reading Autosport, so I've probably missed out on a lot of news. I gather Bakkerud is confirmed at Carlin and Jelley at Double R?

Here's what I've figured out so far:

Championship Class:
Carlin Motorsport - Christian Bakkerud (confirmed) / Charlie Kimball?
Fortec Motorsport - Sam Bird? / Stuart Hall? / Stian Sorlie? (all 3 tested)
Hitech - Salvador Duran? / James Walker? (both tested)
Double R Racing - Stephen Jelley (confirmed) / Bruno Senna? / Dan Clarke? / Mike Conway? (Conway tested)

National Class:
Alan Docking Racing - Duncan Tappy? (tested)
Fluid Motorsport - Martin Kudzak?
P1 Motorsport - single car??
Promatecme F3 - Martin Kudzak?
Old 27 Nov 2005, 16:43 (Ref:1471433)   #2
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Sorry, my bad! Please move to NISS.
Old 27 Nov 2005, 16:48 (Ref:1471436)   #3
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
No problem!
Old 27 Nov 2005, 16:50 (Ref:1471438)   #4
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Are they any teams (i.e. Midland?) switching from Euro Series to British F3?
Old 27 Nov 2005, 16:53 (Ref:1471440)   #5
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Potentially.

There's a lot of disenchantment around the Euroseries
Old 27 Nov 2005, 16:59 (Ref:1471443)   #6
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Yeah, forgot to add that - Manor and Midland are looking at moving into British F3 (thanks to Bella and Alex K in the GP2 thread).
Old 27 Nov 2005, 17:05 (Ref:1471450)   #7
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
I'm pretty sure Duran and Ronayne O'Mahony are confirmed at Hitech, although the team is unlikely to admit it.

Hitech, Fortec and Double R are all running 3 car teams with Mercedes engines.

Autosport confirms that Bakkerud and Jelley have signed, as you say, and I would be very surprised if Senna were not to stay with Double R.

Karl Reindler is likely to stay with ADR, who may also run Jonathan Kennard in the Championship Class.

The question marks are over Mike Conway and Charlie Kimball, one of whom may switch to the Euroseries. It would be a mistake, imo, but drivers are not always rational.
Old 27 Nov 2005, 17:14 (Ref:1471455)   #8
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think I read in Autosport that P1 Motorsport were likely to only run National Class cars next term. I think that a possibility for a Fortec seat would be Yelmer Burman, seeing as he did a race for them at the end of last year. Also, I wouldn't expect Tim Bridgman back next year, based on his poor results as well as testing a Formula Atlantic car and being linked to a Vauxhall BTCC drive.
Old 27 Nov 2005, 17:20 (Ref:1471458)   #9
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes, I've read a few times it's a tin-top future for Timothy
Old 27 Nov 2005, 17:29 (Ref:1471462)   #10
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Dennis Retera was testing for ADR this week.
Old 27 Nov 2005, 19:01 (Ref:1471518)   #11
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
charlie kimball was at the final euroseries round at hockenheim in october having a look around.
Old 30 Nov 2005, 13:45 (Ref:1473887)   #12
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Alex K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Marcin Kudzak signed to drive for Fluid Motorsport Development in National Class next year.

He will drive Lola-Dome F106/3.
Old 30 Nov 2005, 16:25 (Ref:1473984)   #13
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
do you have any background on marcin at all, alex?
Old 30 Nov 2005, 16:50 (Ref:1474011)   #14
Valker
Veteran

Finland
Tampere, Finland
Valker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Martin Kudzak drove FIA NEZ Formula Ford Zetec this season. He was 8th in the series and 6th in Swedish Zetec championship. He also finished 5th at FFFestival this year. It was his first season in FF and I guess his 16 years old.
Old 30 Nov 2005, 16:51 (Ref:1474013)   #15
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Yes, he is a 16-year old and has been racing in Formula Ford with Fluid. I suspect he's Swedish, although the story comes from Poland ((here) and a Google suggests his first name really is Marcin.
Old 30 Nov 2005, 17:04 (Ref:1474020)   #16
Kicking-back
Veteran

http://www.martin-kudzak.com/

He's Swedish, with Polish parents.

Website even has a pic of him sitting in a Jaguar F1 showcar
Old 30 Nov 2005, 17:08 (Ref:1474024)   #17
Valker
Veteran

Finland
Tampere, Finland
Valker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to Svenska Formel Ford Klubben (Swedish FF Club) his name is Martin, not Marcin. Also championship points (xls-file) says Martin from Sweden.

Oh well... If you see Polish version of his homepage, his name is spelled with c, not t.
Old 30 Nov 2005, 17:12 (Ref:1474029)   #18
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
Yes, I've read a few times it's a tin-top future for Timothy
Oh dear, weren't we led to believe he was to be the best thing since sliced Herbert, Button, bread (delete as preferred)
Old 30 Nov 2005, 17:33 (Ref:1474043)   #19
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Didn't he race at the Festival.
Old 30 Nov 2005, 17:38 (Ref:1474045)   #20
Kicking-back
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valker
Oh well... If you see Polish version of his homepage, his name is spelled with c, not t.

Possibly, but his car has a T on it, so that's likely the spelling he uses.
Old 30 Nov 2005, 17:45 (Ref:1474053)   #21
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Whatever, it sounds like he will be an interesting addition and that Fluid will be running a 2 car team in the National Class.
Old 30 Nov 2005, 17:46 (Ref:1474054)   #22
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Alex K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Marcin is Martin in Polish. He has Polish parents, who I think named him Marcin... but since he is living hole of his life in Sweden, it's better for Sweds spell Martin than Marcin (read Martsin). I don't see any problem.

Autoklub is spelling because he has Polish name. English-language site will be spelling Martin.

Hey bella I send my screw, bad English transcript from Autoklub.pl to K - B, I hope he still has it :! Also Johan Meissner has it, I have deleted from my hard disk.

from Autoklub.pl, today

Kudzak we Fluid Motorsport
Najmłodszy uczestnik British F3 Championship, 16-letni Marcin Kudzak ze Sztokholmu, poprowadzi w następnym sezonie Lolę Dome F106/3-Mugen. O samochód dbać będzie Fluid Motorsport - zespół Lindsaya Allena bazujący w Sudbury, w Suffolk. Tegoroczny kierowca Fluid, Ben Clucas zajął 7 lokatę w punktacji National Class i wygrał rundę na Monzy. W UK Formula Ford Championship, Fluid Motorsport Development wystawiał Van Diemena dla Carla-Olova Carlssona, czwartego kierowcy mistrzostw Szwecji.

Marcin rozpoczyna testy 8 grudnia w Donington. Drugą sesję zaplanowano 12-13 grudnia w Snetterton - w towarzystwie oficjalnego zespołu Loli, Promatecme. Spółka Stephane Ratela osiągnęła porozumienie z MotorSport Vision i po rocznej przerwie, brytyjska seria F3 wraca na tradycyjne tory Brands Hatch (przy A1 Grand Prix), Oulton Park i Snetterton. 2-3 wyjazdowe rundy na kontynencie, mają towarzyszyć FIA GT Championship.

Samochody Marcina, obecnie jedynego szwedzkiego kierowcy F3, cieszyły się sporym zainteresowaniem na wystawie w Sztokholmie. Napływają także e-maile od polskich fanów i Marcin przeprasza, że z braku czasu nie na wszystkie może odpisać.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kudzak in to Fluid Motorsport

The youngest British Formula 3 Champinship driver, 16-year-old Martin Kudzak from Stockholm, will drive Lola - Dome F106/3 Mugen ( F106/3 :-O -> Marcin). Fluid Motorsport, the team of Lindsay Allen from Sudbury, Suffolk, will take care of the car. This years Fluid Motorsport driver Ben Clucas finished 7th in National Class and won Monza round. In UK Formula Ford Championship Fluid Motorsport Development entered Van Diemens for Carl-Ove Carlsson, 4th in Swedish Championship.

Marcin is starting his testing duties on 8 December at Donington, the second session is planned to take place on 12 - 13 December at Snetterton - in this test session also Promatecme will take to the track, Promatecme is the offcial BF3 Lola team. Stephane Ratel's company sign a dal with MotorSport Vision, and after one year break BF3 is returning to Brands Hatch (with A1 GP), Oulton Park i Snetterton. 2 or 3 rounds will take place on the continent with FIA GT rounds.
Old 1 Dec 2005, 21:54 (Ref:1475125)   #23
Emma
Racer

England
Shropshire, UK
Emma should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer
Oh dear, weren't we led to believe he was to be the best thing since sliced Herbert, Button, bread (delete as preferred)
Is that meant as a bashing towards Mr Bridgman? if so, woow, you'll be in trouble with me lol

Didn't Oliver Jarvis test with ADR in October? I was hanging outside the Carlin garage at the BF3 finale and he seemed to be eyeing up Alvaro's car...?? (did anyone else see him, btw?)
He's told me about something like he'll race if he gets the money together - assuming that's correct?

Sam Bird and Stian Sorlie at Fortec, I reckon.
Old 1 Dec 2005, 22:42 (Ref:1475188)   #24
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Yelmer Buurman is more likely, I think, if he has the money.
Old 1 Dec 2005, 22:54 (Ref:1475199)   #25
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
he wasn't half bad at silverstone, i thought. it'd be interesting to see what'd happen after a bit of winter testing...