Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 18 Sep 2020, 11:10 (Ref:4003477)   #2701
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Qualifying and they Hyperpole I did like more than I expected to like. I do think that's a good idea. But indeed this odd practice after qualifying, and then another practice this morning, and then a warmup session that's too short to use feels odd.
Old 18 Sep 2020, 11:13 (Ref:4003480)   #2702
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
15 minutes of warm up has to be one of the most bizarre ideas the ACO have ever come up with.
Old 18 Sep 2020, 11:21 (Ref:4003485)   #2703
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Agreed, makes no sense.
Old 22 Sep 2020, 17:10 (Ref:4005649)   #2704
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Today I dat a Facebook post about ACO sending out fanpackages to there members, anyone on here received one?
Old 22 Sep 2020, 17:17 (Ref:4005653)   #2705
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Nothing yet
Old 22 Sep 2020, 17:22 (Ref:4005656)   #2706
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nope.
Old 11 Oct 2020, 14:03 (Ref:4009821)   #2707
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Am I the only one feeling dissapointed looking at spectators at the motor GP. We are in the middle of a second wave. I'm confused.......
Old 11 Oct 2020, 14:11 (Ref:4009827)   #2708
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Yes, but it does mean that if next year things are still unchanged, then some people will be allowed into the circuit, although in very limited numbers. Fingers are crossed for next year, and hopefully tickets/camping will be available in November.
Old 12 Oct 2020, 10:27 (Ref:4010107)   #2709
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
Am I the only one feeling dissapointed looking at spectators at the motor GP. We are in the middle of a second wave. I'm confused.......
And what was it, 20000 at the Eifel GP? I'm sure that's what I heard.....
Old 12 Oct 2020, 12:20 (Ref:4010135)   #2710
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Will be interesting to see if they'd consider postponing the date next year again, to try to ensure the maximum chance of a full crowd. It's depressing when you consider that Europe is heading towards being in a worse position than back in March. And in some cases we're already there.
Old 12 Oct 2020, 13:08 (Ref:4010146)   #2711
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
What would the point of postponing it be? If things are still bad in June what chance of them improving a few months later.
Old 14 Oct 2020, 10:21 (Ref:4010586)   #2712
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The only benefit of a delay to September would be to get more people vaccinated during those 3 months.

If there's no vaccine being rolled out by next Spring we'll know soon enough if the world is going to just stop large events for another summer or just crack on as normal and let people judge their own risks.
Old 14 Oct 2020, 14:50 (Ref:4010636)   #2713
GT-Eins
Veteran

Germany
Hannover, Germany
GT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
By the way - we completed our race-report of the 88th 24h ....
http://www.gt-eins.de/Berichte2020/2...emans2020.html

....today by adding the statistics-tables of the various classes:

All further tables 2 B found under this Link:
http://www.gt-eins.de/Berichte2020/2...html#Statistik
Old 16 Oct 2020, 06:06 (Ref:4010925)   #2714
Samoan Attorney
Racer

Samoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A sign of things to come?

From FranceBleu.fr

Google translation - In a press release published on October 14, the Automobile Club de l'Ouest (ACO), organizer of the 24 Hours of Le Mans among others and very affected by the consequences of the health crisis, announced that it was working on voluntary departures, with a project of collective contractual rupture.
Like many sports players, the Automobile Club de l'Ouest (ACO), organizer of the 24 Hours of Le Mans, has seen its activity hit hard by the health crisis. In a press release published on October 14, 2020, the structure indicates that several savings avenues are under discussion . It is in particular a question of reducing the wage bill , by relying on voluntary departures, by means of a collective contractual termination.
Cancellation or postponement of events, closed-door race in particular for the 24 hours car, the flagship race of the season on the Bugatti circuit: the melting of revenues linked to public reception puts the ACO in difficulty, and the he year 2021 does not herald an immediate return to normal.
Hence discussions initiated for "budget cuts, postponements of projects, a reduction in the wage bill, as well as an incentive policy for voluntary departures through a collective contractual termination agreement ". According to the press release from the organizer of the 24 Hours of Le Mans, "the survival of the activities of the ACO in the next two years" depends on it.
Contacted by France Bleu Maine, the communication service of the automobile club of the west let it be known that no details will be provided immediately, in particular on the number of positions affected by this collective contractual rupture. As of December 31, 2019, the ACO had 198 employees on permanent contracts. The structure also provides many fixed-term jobs in Sarthe during major mechanical events.
Organizer of sporting events in Le Mans and around the world, the ACO also oversees a driving school, a leisure complex and karting competition but four official shops in Le Mans, Tours, Rouen and Paris, as well as five agencies regional.
Old 16 Oct 2020, 08:35 (Ref:4010948)   #2715
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes, unsurprising but as usual it's the employees where savings can be made, although I'm sure there are significant payouts under French employment law. That sad, saving wages is probably a drop in the ocean compared to the overall liability so it almost appears unreasonable.
Old 16 Oct 2020, 12:56 (Ref:4011003)   #2716
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Yes i think expecting everything to be back to normal next year or even the following year is now very unlikely. Hoping we will all meet again there next year is the best we can do at the moment.
Old 19 Oct 2020, 08:44 (Ref:4011468)   #2717
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think Simon-GT6 has to put a Pound/Euro/Dollar in the Swear Box for mentioning 2022 already!

Old 19 Oct 2020, 09:38 (Ref:4011480)   #2718
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well like you Guy i will do everything i can to be there next year, my new lady at the ACO has promised me camping and race tickets for next year but recent announcements about job cuts at the ACO have me worried.
Ticket opening should be next month so fingers crossed.
Old 19 Oct 2020, 14:25 (Ref:4011507)   #2719
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Here's to hopefully a return to a fully crowded Le Mans 24 hours, it just wasn't the same this year without the crowd, fingers crossed. I hope the job cuts are just a precautionary measure and not a sign of things to come. I can't imagine the world without Le Mans, can you? I'm sure things will return to normal in time for the race next season
Old 19 Oct 2020, 14:48 (Ref:4011516)   #2720
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
i think we already know that things will not be back to normal next year, at best we can hope for a return to some spectators but the possibility of hundreds of thousands of people there next year is looking unlikely to be honest
Old 2 Dec 2020, 19:53 (Ref:4020238)   #2721
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well after Audi announced that they were withdrawing from formula e and then they would be heading back to Sportscar racing we hear today that BMW are also deserting the sinking ship of formula e, could they return to proper gt racing or even LMP?
Old 3 Dec 2020, 10:24 (Ref:4020336)   #2722
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Well after Audi announced that they were withdrawing from formula e and then they would be heading back to Sportscar racing we hear today that BMW are also deserting the sinking ship of formula e, could they return to proper gt racing or even LMP?
With the cash BMW are saving by only doing the IMSA enduros next year it would be nice if they came back to Le Mans - for what is surely the final year of that programme. GTE is on borrowed time sadly.

Longer term I think they might take a leave of absence from motorsport. Seems to be the 'trendy' thing to do
Old 3 Dec 2020, 11:06 (Ref:4020346)   #2723
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
It would be nice to see a good final hurrah for GTE but i sense it will be a big am field and a very sparse pro field
Old 3 Dec 2020, 23:31 (Ref:4020487)   #2724
WyldStallion
Veteran

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
It would be nice to see a good final hurrah for GTE but i sense it will be a big am field and a very sparse pro field
If Corvette comes back I think they will be favorites to win in 2021. That might be the only thing that would interest me. Too bad. GT at Le Mans from 2015 to 2019 was incredible. Did not even bother watching Le Mans this year. Toyotas were going to win P1. No interest in P2, and GTE was a shell of what it was the previous years with just 3 manufacturers. And I don't like the new RSR. The previous version was much cooler. Both paint livery and the sound of course.

The other thing that will depend on my interest in 2021 Le Mans will be how the Toyota LMH car looks. If it looks like an LMP1 car I will be disappointed and will tune out. I do like the images of the GR Super Sport online. If we get that with a prototype rear wing then that is fine.
Old 4 Dec 2020, 12:18 (Ref:4020578)   #2725
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
What's the problem with the look of an LMP1 car?