Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > A1GP

Old 24 Sep 2008, 11:53 (Ref:2296874)   #1
Lam Pak
Veteran

Lam Pak has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
chengdu

afos, frd , ascc and ccc cancel their races this year in chegdu. i hear is for rebuilting the track for a1 gp. last weekend i hear they dont have managment anymore.

how can a1 gp make a race there? chengdu track just had one race before.

zhuhai was much beter in the calendar. i think a1gp shall cancel the race asap.
Old 26 Sep 2008, 01:05 (Ref:2298042)   #2
A1Reporter
Rookie

A1Reporter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A1GP Can NOT cancel the race at Chengdu!

Under the 2007-08 A1GP Sporting Regulations, Issue 01 6th September 2007, Article 22 states 'The maximum number of Events in the Series is 20 and the minimum is 8.'

To be classed as an event and therefore part of the championship the said event needs to be points paying weekend.

After the removal of Mugello, A1GP are left with 10 events, which we believe will include 1 non-championship event NOT giving out any points. This brings the calendar down to nine events for the championship.

On the schedule, there is still the TBA Venue in a TBA Nation, which in my humble opinion I can NOT see happening at the moment. This brings the calendar down to 8 events - the minimum.

However, Jakarta, Indonesia - the street circuit - still has no route as far as we know and we have heard nothing about it except that the event is supposedly confirmed. But where is this circuit?

Add to that, Taupo are not committing to their round until they are certain the series is to continue.

If either, both or all 4 scenarios fall through then the series can only be classed as a series of stand alone events.

Of course A1GP could change or remove this regulation, so that they could still have a championship....
Old 26 Sep 2008, 03:17 (Ref:2298082)   #3
Kiwi3
Veteran

New Zealand
Beijing
Kiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Jakarta street circuit is in Lippo Village, which looks a very developed area going by images I've seen. Herman Tilke is supposedly working on it but I am yet to see a circuit diagram and I presume that the move of this round to Feb was because it would not have been ready in time otherwise.
Old 26 Sep 2008, 07:57 (Ref:2298152)   #4
A1Reporter
Rookie

A1Reporter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes it is in Lippo Village, but where is the circuit layout?! No Circuit layout = No Race. No Money = No Tilke
Old 26 Sep 2008, 16:10 (Ref:2298501)   #5
kerrmanningjarv
Veteran

England
London
kerrmanningjarv should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alex, forgive me if I'm wrong, but not that long ago you were confident of the race happening as you said if Tilke was on board, everything would be fine. Now you change your opinion... just for the sake of being negative?
Old 27 Sep 2008, 14:12 (Ref:2298964)   #6
Lam Pak
Veteran

the track in chengdu hasnt marshalls. not use for one year and they are just building aroud. the gravel will damage the cars. formula v6 had problems.
Old 5 Oct 2008, 19:41 (Ref:2304904)   #7
JamesRamone
Veteran

England
Just outside Leeds, West Yorkshire
JamesRamone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lam Pak, do you still believe Chengdu will not happen? If so, will they quickly move events, or will it just be a cancellation of the Chinese round ?

Down F0rce: "More than a few, but the strangest one was when Jos Verstappen and Enrique Bernoldi scored a one-two for Arrows and were apparantly so impressed by each other's driving, they sang "Wind Beneath My Wings" to each other in the press conference."

Brilliant
Old 6 Oct 2008, 03:44 (Ref:2305094)   #8
Asa
Veteran

Hong Kong
Disneyland
Asa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think A1GP will go to Chengdu, just the same way they went to Beijing before, only to discover that it is too late to do any work on the track and have to make do with the bad situation.
Old 6 Oct 2008, 03:59 (Ref:2305099)   #9
jackschmidt
Racer

jackschmidt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bad situation? How is that any different from anything A1GP has done so far? Haha.
Old 6 Oct 2008, 12:06 (Ref:2305319)   #10
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Reporter
To be classed as an event and therefore part of the championship the said event needs to be points paying weekend.

After the removal of Mugello, A1GP are left with 10 events, which we believe will include 1 non-championship event NOT giving out any points. This brings the calendar down to nine events for the championship.
The Zandvoort meeting counted for full points. The organisers overcame the problem of some teams not being ready by saying that every team could 'drop' one round, so that's what those teams have had to do.

This still gives a distinct advantage to the teams that did make it. Malaysia and France have 22 points on the board already.

Apart from questions about Chengdu being ready or not, there were so many wrecks yesterday that you wonder if there will be a full complement of cars ready for the meeting. I hope so.
Old 6 Oct 2008, 15:39 (Ref:2305441)   #11
RichardRenes
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam
RichardRenes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder if the teams who didn't make it to Zandvoort get a chance to test their cars before heading to China. Would make sense if they did. Then again, France showed that a lack in testing doesn't have to mean anything. They were ready from the moment their car was.
Old 12 Oct 2008, 12:06 (Ref:2310095)   #12
Lam Pak
Veteran

their humorous on-stage banter in addition. nobody in chegdu knows that a1gp goes there. a1 gp was very well in zhuhai. mistake for a1gp.
Old 12 Oct 2008, 13:52 (Ref:2310178)   #13
RichardRenes
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam
RichardRenes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider
This still gives a distinct advantage to the teams that did make it. Malaysia and France have 22 points on the board already.
Ireland WAS at Zandvoort, and they didn't score. There is still hope