Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 18 Mar 2005, 00:21 (Ref:1254721)   #26
pitcrew
Racer

England
Uk
pitcrew should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
thats with rocket booster packs hidden in the bottom of the gear box shhhh
Old 28 Mar 2005, 18:50 (Ref:1263671)   #27
widerviewphoto
Rookie

United Kingdom
Easthampstead, Berkshire
widerviewphoto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Details from RenaultSport Press Release

Hi,

This is from the RenaultSport website:

Registrations: 2005 Formula Renault BARC Championship ‘Club Class'

Driver - Entrant
James Green - Muzz Race
Cameron Jackson - WL Racing
Martin Bloss - Logic Motorsport/X-Dream
Richard Ellingworth - X-Dream
David Scott - DS Motorsport
James Heffernan - JH Motorsport
Bob Pearson - TBA
Ian Pearson - TBA
Andy Skriczka - Avantec Motorsport
Bill Allen - Bill Allen
John Johnsen - TBA
Melvyn Ashdown - TBA

Like last year I will be covering all rounds, as an accreditated Photographer, of the Formula Renault BARC championship. Have a look at WiderViewPhoto.com for examples

Cheers

Last edited by widerviewphoto; 28 Mar 2005 at 18:52.
Old 1 Apr 2005, 10:45 (Ref:1266970)   #28
Phil 15
Rookie

New Zealand
Pomgolia :(
Phil 15 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Little blokes in Mono

Quote:
Mono allowing 90 plus Kg for a driver is almost discrimination against fit & healthy people, people should be encouraged to keep light & fit to make themselves quicker, I suppose it is just the gentlemanly nature of the series.
I would like to challange this guy to a game of rugby We can then see if being 90kgs means you are not fit and healthy....has he ever seen the All Blacks.. I think the half back is 90kg+

To be 60 kgs may be a dissadvantage when pulling chicks at the club but in racing terms he has a huge advantage on where he can run ballast and even then he wont beat a generously proportioned old gentleman like Jonathan Lewis
Old 4 Apr 2005, 10:45 (Ref:1269660)   #29
ianpearson
Racer

ianpearson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil 15
I would like to challange this guy to a game of rugby We can then see if being 90kgs means you are not fit and healthy....has he ever seen the All Blacks.. I think the half back is 90kg+

To be 60 kgs may be a dissadvantage when pulling chicks at the club but in racing terms he has a huge advantage on where he can run ballast and even then he wont beat a generously proportioned old gentleman like Jonathan Lewis
Your quite right, I never was much copp at rugby, then again I'd like to see an All Black fit in a modern single seater, one other thing to bare in mind is that there is fit for one sport & fit for another. The point i was trying to make was that i too could weigh in at 13 stone but i work hard to keep most of the excess away. Your right that I do have the freedom to place my artificiall beer gut wherever i wish in the car.

Anyway I did not intend to have a dig & calenders allowing I may try to fit some mono rounds in, i believe our cars will be very competitive with free ratios & no air restrictor
Old 4 Apr 2005, 13:27 (Ref:1269848)   #30
Phil 15
Rookie

New Zealand
Pomgolia :(
Phil 15 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No offence given or taken.... but my point is that I too have to work hard to keep fit but at 6ft tall Im never ever going to weigh below the mono minimum weight level.

We come in all sizes and the best reason for being fit apart from long term health is in the event of a serious injury your survival chances are better if you are fit.
Old 4 Apr 2005, 14:29 (Ref:1269921)   #31
ianpearson
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil 15
No offence given or taken.... but my point is that I too have to work hard to keep fit but at 6ft tall Im never ever going to weigh below the mono minimum weight level.

We come in all sizes and the best reason for being fit apart from long term health is in the event of a serious injury your survival chances are better if you are fit.
Could'nt agree with you more Phill on the prevention of injury, a good set of shoulder & neck muscles are often vital in accidents, especially if you don't get paid when of sick from work with whiplash.
Old 4 Apr 2005, 15:26 (Ref:1269962)   #32
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
12 cars?? must be more than that?
Old 4 Apr 2005, 16:10 (Ref:1270007)   #33
DSM
Veteran

DSM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_collins
12 cars?? must be more than that?
Think you'll find about 20 registrations altogether, including the pre and post 2000 classes
Old 5 Apr 2005, 08:20 (Ref:1270602)   #34
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianpearson
Calenders allowing I may try to fit some mono rounds in, i believe our cars will be very competitive with free ratios & no air restrictor

It would be good to see you, and a few more F Renault's, out in Mono. 2 or 3 people have tried them in Mono and then disappeared - the feeling being that the 40mm ride height nobbles the F Renault. I am not qualified to comment but several people are now starting to make the modern F3 cars work pretty effectively and they have the same ride height issues. Its all down to the Driver anyway!!
Old 5 Apr 2005, 08:52 (Ref:1270620)   #35
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
20 registrations is still a bit on the low side?
Old 5 Apr 2005, 09:23 (Ref:1270647)   #36
kickstart
Veteran

United Kingdom
Cheshire
kickstart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mr Collins, you are coming to it from a F Vee perspective - how many cars were out at Snett - 50 ? How many cars are registered in your series ?

The difficulty is that there are so many series for drivers who want to race slicks and wings; Jedi, Mono, F4, ARP F3 & BARC F Renault plus the SEMSEC races. Just not enough drivers and budgets around to fill all the spaces. It has been said before - but series merger could answer a lot of problems - I would guess that ARP and Post 2000 F Renaults are about the same speed and together they would make a good grid.
Old 5 Apr 2005, 09:26 (Ref:1270650)   #37
ianpearson
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_collins
20 registrations is still a bit on the low side?
Give it a few rounds then prople can comment on how it is doing, confidence in the formula has been reduced not least by comments on this forum, so once people see that we are still alive & getting the garages at all the rounds (where there are any), good prize money & improved publicity, then the numbers will increase.

The only stumbling block for the new re-vamped formula will come if the new carbon cars romp of from the older cars at 4 secs a lap when we go to silverstone next saturday. I for one hope they have restrictor homework for the new cars done correctly.
Old 5 Apr 2005, 09:32 (Ref:1270658)   #38
DSM
Veteran

So do I!
As far as entries being limited because of budgets etc, why do the organisers continue to not make it easy? In a couple of weeks there is a race at Donnington. If you want to test on Friday it's near enough £400 (Twice the price of anywhere else). Then you race on Sunday while they have a track day on Saturday!!

That means a 2 night stopover or a long trip home and back between testing and race day. Typically, £800 or more for entry and travel before you fire the car up.
Old 5 Apr 2005, 09:33 (Ref:1270660)   #39
widerviewphoto
Rookie

United Kingdom
Easthampstead, Berkshire
widerviewphoto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It will be interesting to see how this new championship works out and particularly, as Ian comments, how the new cars compare timewise to the pre 99 cars.

I would expect that some of the experienced quick men in the older cars (I would include you in that Ian) might make it interesting at the front.

One comment I have heard is that the new cars with restrictors will be slower down straights but quicker in the twisty bits ??

Anyway I am looking forward to Silverstone and meeting the drivers again.

Cheers

Chris
Old 5 Apr 2005, 09:39 (Ref:1270667)   #40
kickstart
Veteran

United Kingdom
Cheshire
kickstart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ian, surely in order to make it attractive for people to run a post 2000 F Renault they have to be quite a bit quicker than a pre-2000 F Renault. Isn't this just the same as with the old 1700's in F Renault - you will probably find next season that the modern F Renaults can run bigger restrictors and then like 1700's they will get dropped.
Old 5 Apr 2005, 14:27 (Ref:1270911)   #41
Bob Pearson
Veteran

Bob Pearson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is very difficult to predict where the formula will go this year, a number of drivers are sitting on the fence waiting to see how it pans out. In the short term the best thing that could happen for the formula at Silverstone would be a 95-99 car winning outright. I have to say that it is desperately unlikely, and if it did happen it would be a temporary thing, with the balance of power going heavily in favour of the twin cams as the season goes on. The private owners of the twin cams, of which there are very few will take a while to get used to the cars, whereas those running with teams will have a distinct early advantage. If the formula stays on its feet to the cars at UK level are replaced by a new car, and the supply rules are revised to make them cheaper to run, then the flood of cars available will make it great once again.
Old 5 Apr 2005, 15:12 (Ref:1270939)   #42
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How about allowing the 95-99 cars to run with the Twin cam engine? It must be technically possible but perhaps Renault would not like to see the playiong field to be too level!
Old 5 Apr 2005, 15:28 (Ref:1270947)   #43
Bob Pearson
Veteran

It would be technically possible, but Renault's main intention was to provide a place for drivers/teams who for one reason or another didn't have a place in the UK series to have a place to run. That was grammatical rubbish, but I'm sure you know what I mean. If the older cars could run on equal terms with the newer cars, such objectives would be compromised.
Putting a twin cam in the older cars would mean putting a stronger g/box in with it. This would mean different suspension pick ups and probably different w/bones. So my first statement of it being technically possible is beginning to look a bit strained.
Old 5 Apr 2005, 15:31 (Ref:1270952)   #44
PhilWood
Rookie

United Kingdom
Hampshire
PhilWood should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmmmmm. Not sure that would be any cheaper than buying one of the newer cars! I am pretty sure the LD200 would not stand the twin cams torque so you would need the Sadev box and then you would need the complete back end, A frames, gearchange..... et al!
Old 5 Apr 2005, 15:57 (Ref:1270977)   #45
DSM
Veteran

Surely the reason for the new cars being introduced is the launch of an all new FR in '07, which will put the current cars on the market. This year's move begins to create a market. That's why you can now buy a complete car for £30K, I understand.

With the number of FR2000s about the price when the new model is launched should be pretty reasonable and it will probably mean the pre-2000 cars moving on to Mono etc.
Old 6 Apr 2005, 07:40 (Ref:1271512)   #46
Bob Pearson
Veteran

DSM, I'm sure you are right in the longer term, but Renault's quoted immeadiate reason for stepping in to what was BARC's formula is to create an overflow for cars/teams who couldn't make the UK series and in doing so help prop up the 95-99 series which was only just staying afloat last year. The overflow requirement is what led to the insistance that all twin cams are run in 2004 configuration with a UK log book. Effectively these requirements mean that only cars from the UK series can be used which unfortunately rules out any chances of cheap cars and low running costs.Renault did try to open talks the previous year with these changes in mind, but at the time BARC, Blossy and myself felt that we may be able to keep it afloat as the 95-99 formula.
Your right Phil. did you not notice my gradual back pedalling as the quote went on, I guess I should have just deleted the lot.
Old 13 Apr 2005, 08:46 (Ref:1276931)   #47
RSportRacer
Racer

United Kingdom
Silverstone
RSportRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Berkshire teenager Jack Anderson (Newbury) is to achieve his dream of beginning a stellar career in single-seater racing after confirming he’ll take part in the FR2000 Class of the 2005 Formula Renault BARC Championship in an ex-Team JVA car.
Any news on this entry? Though doesn't the Griffin Team run in Britcar that is at Brands Hatch this weekend also.
Saw that on there site and through Motoring News they run Clio's, Britcar, GT's, Formula Renault, Ginetta's and VW's..

Would be a shame if Andersons entry into the BARC FR is thwarted by the teams over ambitious plans.
Old 13 Apr 2005, 08:54 (Ref:1276937)   #48
Bob Pearson
Veteran

He's on the entry list, even listed as No 1. Odd that, normally No 1 is reserved for last years champion or, as is this years case, not used if he isn't running. Jack hasn't been seen at either of the two test days, so he is an unknown quantity. In fact hardly anyone bothered to run at the two test days, so he is in the majority. All will come clear on Friday/Saturday.
Old 13 Apr 2005, 09:12 (Ref:1276953)   #49
RSportRacer
Racer

United Kingdom
Silverstone
RSportRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
have u got a link to the entry list?
Old 13 Apr 2005, 09:19 (Ref:1276957)   #50
Bob Pearson
Veteran

I only have a link left over from my days as drivers rep for the formula ( It is now done by Pauline from Grovewood). I don't think I am allowed by BARC to give you that. However you can find an entry list on the Renault website. Sorry to sound a bit cloak and dagger about it all. Do you know anything about Jack's racing history, it will be interesting to see how he compares with Nicky Wicox as the season progresses. As he was a winner last year, allowing for the fact that they are running the car themselves and so need time to get up to speed, he must be seen as the Championship class benchmark.