Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 16 Feb 2016, 20:38 (Ref:3615241)   #1351
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
HRT Livery

Gotta be honest: the green number looks poxy.

Monster Energy proudly on display though, other than that, its just another HRT livery isnt it?
Old 16 Feb 2016, 21:00 (Ref:3615246)   #1352
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!

agree with mayhem

monster is there, but going back and reading the AA article, I dont think they were fully wrong - no major sponsor
Old 16 Feb 2016, 21:11 (Ref:3615251)   #1353
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
HRT Livery

Gotta be honest: the green number looks poxy.

Monster Energy proudly on display though, other than that, its just another HRT livery isnt it?
Looks more like HSVDT than HRT but a lack of major sponsors can't be helping that...

I saw NGK is missing now too.. They came on board when Mr Brock joined HRT back in a different millenium...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 16 Feb 2016, 21:13 (Ref:3615252)   #1354
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
SP Tools signage is significantly reduced compared to last year too.
Old 16 Feb 2016, 21:14 (Ref:3615254)   #1355
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Looks more like HSVDT than HRT but a lack of major sponsors can't be helping that...

I saw NGK is missing now too.. They came on board when Mr Brock joined HRT back in a different millenium...
NGK has moved to the mirrors. SP tools was on there last year

Last edited by peckstar; 16 Feb 2016 at 21:31.
Old 16 Feb 2016, 21:22 (Ref:3615258)   #1356
mspence
Racer

mspence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Look closer.

It's on the mirrors.
Old 16 Feb 2016, 22:36 (Ref:3615290)   #1357
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
If you take those naff green numbers off those cars there is a distinct amount of empty space on the HRT mobiles. It would almost look naked.

Auto Actions take on the HRT livery Bit weak of Auto Action to do a big story earlier on stating HRT had lost Monster, and not address that story in this latest story....

Last edited by mayhem; 16 Feb 2016 at 22:44.
Old 16 Feb 2016, 22:53 (Ref:3615296)   #1358
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
If you take those naff green numbers off those cars there is a distinct amount of empty space on the HRT mobiles. It would almost look naked.

Auto Actions take on the HRT livery Bit weak of Auto Action to do a big story earlier on stating HRT had lost Monster, and not address that story in this latest story....
wasn't their take that they lost Monster as a major sponsor. No major sponsor on the HRT car
Old 16 Feb 2016, 23:01 (Ref:3615300)   #1359
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
wasn't their take that they lost Monster as a major sponsor. No major sponsor on the HRT car
I would contend that the inference in the article was indeed that Monster would be gone completely from HRT:

Quote:
confirmed that PRA is also taking over energy drink Monster’s backing from Holden Racing Team.
Quote:
Embarrassingly, several items of apparel in HRT’s 2016 merchandise range feature bright green striping on black and the Monster logo, and even traditional red versions include the Monster logo.
Quote:
Losing Monster – and especially the potential financial lifeline of title sponsorship – leaves HRT vulnerable ahead of a season that is critical to its future.
Quote:
With SP Tools and Mobil 1 as its only known significant sponsors
Old 16 Feb 2016, 23:03 (Ref:3615301)   #1360
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
I would contend that the inference in the article was indeed that Monster would be gone completely from HRT:
what if, it was a late minute deal at a significantly reduced price? post the previous announcment
Old 16 Feb 2016, 23:04 (Ref:3615302)   #1361
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
Then mention it in todays Auto Action article!!!!
Old 16 Feb 2016, 23:07 (Ref:3615303)   #1362
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Then mention it in todays Auto Action article!!!!
To me the AA article seems like a summary of the HRT press release.

But it is something that doesnt add up.

hey but that's why we call it auto fiction
Old 16 Feb 2016, 23:08 (Ref:3615304)   #1363
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
Is it just the cynic in me that thinks Monster might slip off the cars by mid year...?
Old 16 Feb 2016, 23:20 (Ref:3615310)   #1364
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Is it just the cynic in me that thinks Monster might slip off the cars by mid year...?
as soon as they can find someone to replace them
Old 16 Feb 2016, 23:22 (Ref:3615311)   #1365
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its possibly why the cars ended up with Green numbers on the door..... to tie in with the printed merch?
Old 16 Feb 2016, 23:47 (Ref:3615316)   #1366
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just because a brand appears on the side of the car doesn't necessarily guarantee they are paying to be there... last year Mr Courtney seemed to overservice them compared to what was reportedly being paid for the space (4/5 of not much..) by changing helmet designs & the like... maybe WP were just hopeful...
Old 17 Feb 2016, 01:51 (Ref:3615334)   #1367
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Just because a brand appears on the side of the car doesn't necessarily guarantee they are paying to be there... last year Mr Courtney seemed to overservice them compared to what was reportedly being paid for the space (4/5 of not much..) by changing helmet designs & the like... maybe WP were just hopeful...
"Reportedly" as in you really don't have any idea as to what he was receiving ?
Old 17 Feb 2016, 04:10 (Ref:3615346)   #1368
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
"Reportedly" as in you really don't have any idea as to what he was receiving ?
The story was that the 2015 deal was the leader into the bigger opportunity that AA was alluding to for 2016 with full car signage

Seems not to have come to fruition...

WP don't seem to be great at snagging big brands, despite being 'The Official Factory Team Of Holden'

Old 17 Feb 2016, 04:34 (Ref:3615351)   #1369
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
The story was that the 2015 deal was the leader into the bigger opportunity that AA was alluding to for 2016 with full car signage

Seems not to have come to fruition...

WP don't seem to be great at snagging big brands, despite being 'The Official Factory Team Of Holden'

So as I said, the $$$ that Courtney is receiving is pure guesswork and could actually be quite lucrative.
Old 17 Feb 2016, 05:26 (Ref:3615355)   #1370
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
So as I said, the $$$ that Courtney is receiving is pure guesswork and could actually be quite lucrative.
Define lucrative?

The space on the pilot and the car plus all the activation stuff in train is probably a low 7 figure sponsorship number.

Except the number was said to be less than a quarter of that...
Old 17 Feb 2016, 05:30 (Ref:3615357)   #1371
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
D'Alberto & Youlden For Pye & Coulthard @ DJRTP...
Old 17 Feb 2016, 05:31 (Ref:3615358)   #1372
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Define lucrative?

The space on the pilot and the car plus all the activation stuff in train is probably a low 7 figure sponsorship number.

Except the number was said to be less than a quarter of that...
Probably ? and "said" by who ?
Old 17 Feb 2016, 05:33 (Ref:3615359)   #1373
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
"Said" by who ?
Evil Knievel..
Old 17 Feb 2016, 05:34 (Ref:3615361)   #1374
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Without being privvy to such figures, you'd have to take an educated guess, based on market rates.

One would think in a perfect market, that driver/team combination could command a fair bit of coin.
Old 17 Feb 2016, 05:38 (Ref:3615362)   #1375
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Without being privvy to such figures, you'd have to take an educated guess, based on market rates.

One would think in a perfect market, that driver/team combination could command a fair bit of coin.
Lots of guesswork going on by GTR as per usual and another "allegedly" without the facts.