Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 18 Mar 2010, 00:11 (Ref:2654607)   #1301
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewF31 View Post
Really good news to see Butch and Graham fighting for a chance for a ride. I have no trouble with going for country-men for a car, as long as they're good drivers and you can't argue about those 3 guys.
There's only 1 spot, from what I've seen?
There weren't any spots last I checked...
Old 18 Mar 2010, 18:36 (Ref:2655032)   #1302
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMUCarGuy View Post
There weren't any spots last I checked...
Ya, you're right. Collard was the last one picked. The article seems pretty convinced the rides are for this year so it seems someone is out? Garcia?
Old 18 Mar 2010, 18:40 (Ref:2655034)   #1303
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Ya, you're right. Collard was the last one picked. The article seems pretty convinced the rides are for this year so it seems someone is out? Garcia?
They're looking for Americans... could be a clue that Johnny-O might be considering retirement / moving into a consultancy role like Ron Fellows?
Old 18 Mar 2010, 19:05 (Ref:2655047)   #1304
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Plus it wouldn't hurt to have some new drivers for 2011 with some experience in the car if they do decide to make a Euro-factory backed team.
Old 18 Mar 2010, 19:48 (Ref:2655074)   #1305
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Maybe someone will be in a customer car? Peka or LAA? Although that seems rather......

L.P.
Old 19 Mar 2010, 12:36 (Ref:2655531)   #1306
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Maybe someone will be in a customer car? Peka or LAA? Although that seems rather......
L.P.
Yes, I was also going to suggest that they might be working toward getting some of these drivers rides with LAA at Le Mans so they could gain experience in a Vette.

DK
Old 27 Mar 2010, 01:03 (Ref:2660796)   #1307
David
Racer

United States
Noblesville, IN, USA
David should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can anyone tell me if the GT2 chassis that the Corvette Team is racing in ALMS this year are the same (001 and 002) chassis that they ran last year?

Thanks,

About 13.7 billion years ago I heard a very loud noise - did you hear it?
Old 27 Mar 2010, 04:28 (Ref:2660855)   #1308
Da_LEGENDARY_NiNJA
Rookie

United States
California
Da_LEGENDARY_NiNJA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
im pretty sure those are brand new chassis
Old 28 Mar 2010, 14:28 (Ref:2661750)   #1309
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_LEGENDARY_NiNJA View Post
im pretty sure those are brand new chassis
if so, I wonder where last years are?
Old 28 Mar 2010, 14:31 (Ref:2661758)   #1310
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
if so, I wonder where last years are?
Probably in storage, waiting to be fitted with new parts developed on the cars currently racing out there, and... perhaps waiting for someone to purchase them and run them.
Old 28 Mar 2010, 15:02 (Ref:2661790)   #1311
fiend540
Racer

United States
East Aurora NY
fiend540 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was the car that was wrecked last year at laguna a complete loss?
Old 28 Mar 2010, 15:10 (Ref:2661800)   #1312
TWK
Veteran

TWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Really good news to see Butch and Graham fighting for a chance for a ride. I have no trouble with going for country-men for a car, as long as they're good drivers and you can't argue about those 3 guys.
There's only 1 spot, from what I've seen?
Friday:
Quote:
Driving Mr Fehan (part deux)

Murphy tipped his readers that Paul Edwards, Graham Rahal, and Butch Leitzinger would test with Corvette Racing at Sebring after the 12 Hours. Many, however, were taken by surprise. Perhaps they were thinking that the two new “enduro drivers” who debuted at Sebring meant the cohort of pilots was nicely set.

Oh, contraire! (Some very cultured bears know a little Français.) It may seem that not much changes at Corvette Racing, because, well, it seems everyone else in the sport is swapping out drivers every few minutes. For Corvette turnover has been less frequent. Still, 19 drivers have piloted the team’s Corvettes in the American Le Mans Series.

In 2011, that number will increase by one or more. Driver No. 20 – believed to be a 2011 full-timer – was selected in January.
Old 28 Mar 2010, 17:51 (Ref:2661956)   #1313
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So, someone is leaving (retiring at the end of the year). Don't remember if it was here or on RLM, but someone hinted at O'Connell being the next ambassador of Corvette. He's getting close to 50 which was about around the same time Ron retired.
Old 28 Mar 2010, 17:53 (Ref:2661962)   #1314
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I reckon Corvette need some young American blood in their cars .

Who might be a possible goody there then ?
Old 28 Mar 2010, 17:58 (Ref:2661972)   #1315
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
During Midweek Motorsport last week, Marshall says Graham Rahal did a mighty fine job in his test but he did reiterate that, as TWK mentioned above, the choice was already made, so I don't know what the test was for.

I'm sure that if it's Johnny who's retiring, Corvette will want to put an American in there. The only 'open' seats seem to be Garcia's and Collard's, since they're the most newbie on the team, but I think Garcia's performance are making it harder to drop him.

I wouldn't be sad at all if Butch and Graham joined next year but to what extent is Graham interested in going away from single seaters?

But I'm sure there's other names that I don't know about.
Old 28 Mar 2010, 18:23 (Ref:2661990)   #1316
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Isn't Scott Speed available?
Old 28 Mar 2010, 20:19 (Ref:2662141)   #1317
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Isn't Scott Speed available?
Given that he is in the Top 20 in NASCAR Sprint Cup right now, probably not!

Good for Graham to get the miles, though I think comments from all across the board don't suggest he is likely for anything except an enduro ride.

Johnny is the most likely retiree but you have to figure that, with some of the comments going around, that might not be the only change, and new faces from within and without could be commonplace next year.

Collard in particular has a lot of prototype experience and you have to figure that he would not, like Fassler, be shy about leaving for a prototype if one becomes available.
Old 28 Mar 2010, 20:48 (Ref:2662165)   #1318
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
If someone had asked me a few hours ago , who is the older of the two O'Connell or Leitzinger .

I would have said Leitzinger !!!

Seems Leitzinger is only a boy , born in 1969 , and O'Connell was born in 1962 !!!

Easy life Johnny boy .
Old 29 Mar 2010, 09:25 (Ref:2662501)   #1319
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Can anyone tell me if the GT2 chassis that the Corvette Team is racing in ALMS this year are the same (001 and 002) chassis that they ran last year?

Thanks,
When I visited P&M over the winter, they had 5 chassis in various stages of build. I was told 1 was a show car, 2 were the ALMS cars, and 2 were for potential customers (of which don't yet currently exist).

As far as whether they're running the cars from last year or not though, I don't know.
Old 29 Mar 2010, 09:27 (Ref:2662503)   #1320
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
My theory is that since Butch has been driving prototypes for so long, he's doing a GTC ride to get himself reacquainted with driving a slower GT car and being passed by the LMPs and such because he'll be moving into a yellow GT2 car next year.
Old 29 Mar 2010, 09:36 (Ref:2662512)   #1321
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEtDUvbiJKY
Old 29 Mar 2010, 16:06 (Ref:2662779)   #1322
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post

Thanks,
David, they are still running C6GT-001 and C6GT-002.

L.P.
Old 29 Mar 2010, 16:57 (Ref:2662839)   #1323
The Badger
Veteran

Why would Graham Rahal give up a BMW works contract ?
Old 29 Mar 2010, 17:01 (Ref:2662845)   #1324
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Why would Graham Rahal give up a BMW works contract ?
What BMW works contract?

L.P.
Old 29 Mar 2010, 17:14 (Ref:2662861)   #1325
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
What BMW works contract?

L.P.
The Rahal Letterman Racing ..... BMW North America contract .

mmmmm ..... maybe not exactly a works contract , but obviously a BMWNA favoured driver . Will he do Le Mans for BMW ?