Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 1 May 2016, 21:37 (Ref:3637668)   #151
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
http://blackflag.jalopnik.com/dale-e...wit-1774130419

Gordon's reaction is priceless.
Old 1 May 2016, 22:23 (Ref:3637677)   #152
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
I saw that is replay. Pretty impressed that DR Jr. coped with that!

But, and I like DW (I hate nicknames), he seems to feel threatened by Gordon's commentary. Or he is oblivious to it. In a weird way it was like the 'on track' action: the only way past is to bump and destabilize to clear the way, and hope for the best.

This is only the second nascar race I have watched this year-I always try to watch Daytona, and this is not the nascar I saw in the 60's and 70's. I don't know what it is-some sort of circus acrobat type thing? Some insane game of musical chairs?

I can carp away and also have no possible solution. What works on a short track no longer can work on the super speedways. I liked the winning car based on the livery, a sort of throw back simple livery, but I really don't know what manufacturer it was meant to represent, and I don't know if that matters anyway. Aren't they essentially the same?
Old 1 May 2016, 23:05 (Ref:3637691)   #153
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Very few will be with out seat belts bruises tonite after
that race. Chase survived for 5th, I'm good.
Old 2 May 2016, 00:31 (Ref:3637707)   #154
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
R.Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Contrary to most, I believe DW and Gordon are doing well in the booth together, the team seems to be jelling to me. This was the typical Talladega (and Daytona) Crashfest! I don't call this racing! Chase did run well today. I though he might break through today, but it wasn't to be. Oh well, on to Kansas City.
Old 2 May 2016, 01:55 (Ref:3637716)   #155
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
In the booth, Waltrip has an unfortunate influence on anyone around him.
Old 2 May 2016, 06:33 (Ref:3637747)   #156
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I didn't mind the race and it made up for the lack of excitement at Bristol.
Old 2 May 2016, 12:46 (Ref:3637824)   #157
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
In the booth, Waltrip has an unfortunate influence on anyone around him.
I like him, honestly, and I always have. I think part of it is that his role is to be the voice of the driver, and add in all sorts of colloquial charm. I mean, you can almost hear him say something like 'that car is going faster then possum grits on a cold winter day.' But then you have Gordon, who is well spoken and certainly has an on-track resume to match Waltrip, and I guess it is a threat in a way. I quit listening after Gordon would make an observation, and then Waltrip would chime in with the exact same observation, as if it had just struck him, and apparently having totally ignored what Gordon just said. It was weird.

I do realize it is live, and often things can happen very quickly. Maybe I am just being too critical.
Old 2 May 2016, 13:15 (Ref:3637833)   #158
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
For the past couple years I turn down the tv and
turn up the scanner volume on the driver I want to listen to.
Its part of raceview at the nascar.com site. Its been a much better
experience. I will turn up the tv if they are
interviewing a driver, etc. Give it a try.
Old 4 May 2016, 15:46 (Ref:3638483)   #159
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Horrible weekend for NASCAR is AL keeps getting worse. Crap show on track is certainly overshadowed by the real issues.

http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/stor...-update-050416

Condolences to these men's families and friends.
Old 4 May 2016, 19:10 (Ref:3638523)   #160
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post
Very few will be with out seat belts bruises tonite after
that race. Chase survived for 5th, I'm good.
Good on the kid but seems like he didn't make any friends that day.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/moto...I&ocid=U142DHP

What did you hear on the radios and see of the kid's driving on the track? I mean he's 20 and a bat $hit crazy track/situation. I am sure he's a little green at plate tracks...

He'll learn.
Old 5 May 2016, 01:16 (Ref:3638632)   #161
canamman
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Good on the kid but seems like he didn't make any friends that day.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/moto...I&ocid=U142DHP

What did you hear on the radios and see of the kid's driving on the track? I mean he's 20 and a bat $hit crazy track/situation. I am sure he's a little green at plate tracks...

He'll learn.
Chase stayed up front the first part of the race but then started
falling back after pits stops began.
Chases spotter is Eddie D'hondt and
very experienced. His main reminder
for Chase at Talladega is to not give up the middle lane if you are leading.
Chase is up there in the points so I imagine a lot of the vets will be
a little sore for just that.

ATT Uverse crapped out with about 50 to go. I had no tv or internet so out to
the front porch I went with an a.m. radio and a cigar.
Old 5 May 2016, 10:56 (Ref:3638751)   #162
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Chase stayed up front the first part of the race but then started
falling back after pits stops began.
Chases spotter is Eddie D'hondt and
very experienced. His main reminder
for Chase at Talladega is to not give up the middle lane if you are leading.
Chase is up there in the points so I imagine a lot of the vets will be
a little sore for just that.

ATT Uverse crapped out with about 50 to go. I had no tv or internet so out to
the front porch I went with an a.m. radio and a cigar.
Certainly not out of the question on jealousy from the vets.

I did the opposite; missed the first 50 laps, did the FMs for the meaty part while working on my camper and then dove inside for the last 30 laps of the demo derby.
Old 16 May 2016, 00:46 (Ref:3641949)   #163
canamman
Veteran

United States
A wild one at the monster. That was some
of the finest racing I've seen in a long while
in those final 15 laps. Still the big story
for me are the 2 fine rookies in Chase and Blaney.
3rd and 8th finishes respectively.
With this race and the earlier F1 race today,
it was one glorious day! Oh yea , and way to go
77 team in the ELMS 4 hrs of Imola.

Here are the results for Dover,
http://www.jayski.com/stats/2016/pdf...016results.pdf
Old 17 May 2016, 22:34 (Ref:3642511)   #164
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
Quote:
A wild one at the monster. That was some
of the finest racing I've seen in a long while
in those final 15 laps. Still the big story
for me are the 2 fine rookies in Chase and Blaney.
3rd and 8th finishes respectively.
With this race and the earlier F1 race today,
it was one glorious day! Oh yea , and way to go
77 team in the ELMS 4 hrs of Imola.

Here are the results for Dover,
http://www.jayski.com/stats/2016/pdf...016results.pdf
I've been impressed with both Elliott and Blaney since ay one of their respective starts in the K&N and XFinity Series! I agree with what Mike Joy said Sunday, "If you took the yellow stripe off of their bumpers, you wouldn't know that they were rookies!" "Both are going to be stars before the end of this season!" To that, I will add, I fully expect both of them to get their first win before the end of this season! KUDOS to both of them on find drives this past Sunday and for every race this season! BEST rookie battle we have seen in YEARS!
Old 22 May 2016, 11:46 (Ref:3643595)   #165
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Sounds like a crap show last night. I actually caught the Smoke interview and final laps of the final segment or whatever. Sliced Doosh is a little richer this morning. Yay.

http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/stor...nfusion-052216

This has become typical NASCAR. Keep fixing it when it wasn't broke in the first place.
Old 22 May 2016, 12:25 (Ref:3643604)   #166
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
I couldn't make heads or tails of it, so I didn't bother watching it. All-Stars has never been more trivial but then of course everything before the chase is kind of trivial too?
Old 22 May 2016, 12:33 (Ref:3643606)   #167
canamman
Veteran

United States
It really hit me hard last nite how commercialized this sport has become.
They stuck a mic up to Miss Sprint Cup and she was a 30 second
robot commercial for Sprint. Just a bit nauseating. I rate the racing action for the day about a 6.5 /10. It had moments .
Old 22 May 2016, 12:40 (Ref:3643607)   #168
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Must get round to canceling my Premier Sports subscription. The racing (when there is any legitimately) isn't worth the £10-plus a month
Old 28 May 2016, 00:54 (Ref:3644988)   #169
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
I don't like this or the non-points race at Daytona. I'd much rather see them run at a track that they don't run on, such as Iowa, instead of this no points race at Charlotte. Or, just give the teams, crews and drivers an additional week off, before the World 600, on Memorial Day Sunday!
Old 30 May 2016, 11:26 (Ref:3645779)   #170
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
Well, the World 600 is in the books. This was the fastest one ever run and Martin Truex Jr. lead more laps, than anyone, ever before in this race, all but 8 laps! He also set a record, for leading the most miles, in a single race, ever. The last one is deceptive, as this race is 100 miles longer than any other race in the season, so that record could/can only be set in this single race -- But, it does not dim the accomplishment. Truex Jr. dominated the race. Many would say, "Stunk-up the show", but again, not really. This is not something that happens or has ever happened very often in the history or racing. He and his crew just happened to hit on the perfect set-up, He drove a practically flawless race, found the perfect groove and ran in it, his pit crew made practically perfect stops (note they didn't have to make any adjustments all night) and any trouble that there was, occurred behind him. One might say, it was "The perfect storm." If you watched or attended this race, you witnessed an EXTREAMLY rare occurance. Truex Jr., team and crew are to be commended! A performance like this will probably not be witnessed like this again, for many, many years to come! Congratulations, Martin Truex Jr. and the entire Furniture Row Racing Team on your win and your brilliant preparation and performance! You earned it and you deserve it, ESPECIALLY after the numerous heartbreaking losses that you have experienced this season! As we say, here in the South -- "You done good!"
Old 7 Jun 2016, 03:35 (Ref:3647848)   #171
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Pocono on Monday. A Busch won. I didn't even try.

Chase with a top 5. There's some hope of something.
Old 7 Jun 2016, 08:44 (Ref:3647890)   #172
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Pocono on Monday. A Busch won. I didn't even try.

Chase with a top 5. There's some hope of something.
At work when thy ran it. Recorded it, will probably watch it sometime this week, even though I already know who won.
Old 7 Jun 2016, 11:25 (Ref:3647920)   #173
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Well, the Busch brother that does well but typically doesn't win, won. Truex who won like no other at the Worlds did the opposite of winning this week. And Chase Elliot stood a chance in winning but didn't win, finished well. It was a fair enough race and all the better for Logano not winning it.
Old 7 Jun 2016, 13:54 (Ref:3647961)   #174
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
Well, the Busch brother that does well but typically doesn't win, won. Truex who won like no other at the Worlds did the opposite of winning this week. And Chase Elliot stood a chance in winning but didn't win, finished well. It was a fair enough race and all the better for Logano not winning it.
That's Elliott, with two ts

I can't even bring myself to watch Xfinity races any more as they seem to be between Sliced Doosh and Captain Snothead.
Old 26 Jun 2016, 23:22 (Ref:3655301)   #175
canamman
Veteran

United States
Welcome back to Victory circle Smoke. Nice to get a
victory in the final year.