Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Old 28 Apr 2017, 18:31 (Ref:3729712)   #1
karimbo
Veteran

Canada
Montreal, Canada
karimbo has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Will Formula E eventually have its own forum on 10/tenths?

Hello everyone,

May I ask if Formula E will eventually get a forum of its own instead of being lost in the middle of "National & International Single Seaters" forum?

Considering that:
1) There are millions of people following Formula E throughout the world;
2) It's a series that is raced in many different countries, on all continents (contrary to Formula V-8 or Indy Racing);
3) Many very important industrial groups such as Renault, Audi, Tata (through Jaguar), Mahindra, Peugeot/Citroën (through DS), Faraday Future, Nio, BMW (through Andretti) are putting so much money in it (much more than is being put in Indy Racing or Formula V8, GP2 or GP3)
4) Races are held in such glamourous places like Paris, Buenos Aires, Berlin, Monaco, New York, London, Moscow, Rome, etc. instead of places like Detroit or Cleaveland)

Shouldn't Formula E get a little more recognition?

Is there a specific moderator I should contact for my question?

Thanks for your info.
Old 28 Apr 2017, 19:34 (Ref:3729730)   #2
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
I'd do a "non-junior formula racing" forum, to include Formula E but also Super Formula.

I would also add a "general motorsport" forum. There's no exact place to talk about the new public road rules in the UK, or the new Kyalami, or the lack of Renault factory programs outside F1.
Old 8 May 2017, 04:57 (Ref:3732122)   #3
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's already a Fórmula E prediction competition, that is organizhed herea.
Old 10 May 2017, 08:50 (Ref:3732623)   #4
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's only gotten 4 pages of posts for a whole season. I don't think that's worth a full forum. There might be millions following it (although that seems a bit optimistic), but they aren't talking about it here.
Old 25 Jul 2017, 00:24 (Ref:3754122)   #5
karimbo
Veteran

Canada
Montreal, Canada
karimbo has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Dearest friends at 10 tenths,

I have just discovered that Mercedes Benz is going to quit DTM to join Formula E. So after AUDI quitting Le Mans to join the electric and electrifying serie, and BMW officially joining with Andretti, now it's Mercedes Benz. There are also rumours that Porsche may join in.

So, Renault/Nissan, DS (Peugeot-Citroen), Audi, BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Mahindra, Jaguar (Tata), and a bunch of Chinese manufacturers. If we compare with Indy Series (only Honda and Chevy) or even Formula 1 (Renault, Mercedes, Ferrari and Honda) we can say that Formula E has the greatest number of constructors in it, investing a great deal of money in what will become the future of the sport and of the auto industry: electric power.

So I ask the question again....

Will Formula E eventually have its own forum on 10/tenths?
Old 25 Jul 2017, 09:13 (Ref:3754193)   #6
Number4
Racer

England
The Dead South
Number4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is a long list of more popular series without their own forum. WEC, IMSA, WRC, WRX
Personally, I would rather watch a repeat of the French tractor pulling than endure a Formula E race.
Old 25 Jul 2017, 21:00 (Ref:3754387)   #7
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number4 View Post
Personally, I would rather watch a repeat of the French tractor pulling than endure a Formula E race.
I've tried Formula E and it's just wrong the cars sound awful, the tyre squeal is depressing and the circuits are appalling. Despite the manufacturers (what exactly do they manufacture on these cars?) and the big name drivers the whole thing just leaves me cold. It's not for me.
Old 25 Jul 2017, 21:37 (Ref:3754392)   #8
NSX_LeMans
Racer

NSX_LeMans should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
I've tried Formula E and it's just wrong the cars sound awful, the tyre squeal is depressing and the circuits are appalling. Despite the manufacturers (what exactly do they manufacture on these cars?) and the big name drivers the whole thing just leaves me cold. It's not for me.
Powertrain.
Old 26 Jul 2017, 15:00 (Ref:3754500)   #9
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number4 View Post
There is a long list of more popular series without their own forum. WEC, IMSA, WRC, WRX
The nin-F1 formula subforum is fine as it is. The overpopulated subforum is sports car racing.

I think it should have a subforum for ACO (FIA WEC, ELMS, ASLMS), and a North American subforum for IMSA, PWC and SCCA.
Old 26 Jul 2017, 16:24 (Ref:3754520)   #10
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
The nin-F1 formula subforum is fine as it is. The overpopulated subforum is sports car racing.

I think it should have a subforum for ACO (FIA WEC, ELMS, ASLMS), and a North American subforum for IMSA, PWC and SCCA.
I agree that the Sportscar forum is over saturated. There's a LOT of active threads on that forum that regularly get bumped off of the first page.

I'd lay it out in this way

SportsCar Main Forum
- ACO (WEC, ELMS, AsLMS, etc)
- NA (IMSA, PWC, etc)

Anything that doesn't fit into ACO/NA, (like Blancpain) I'd put in the main forum. Just my opinion.
Old 26 Jul 2017, 16:33 (Ref:3754522)   #11
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I agree that the Sportscar forum is over saturated. There's a LOT of active threads on that forum that regularly get bumped off of the first page.

I'd lay it out in this way

SportsCar Main Forum
- ACO (WEC, ELMS, AsLMS, etc)
- NA (IMSA, PWC, etc)

Anything that doesn't fit into ACO/NA, (like Blancpain) I'd put in the main forum. Just my opinion.
This, absolutely.
Old 28 Jul 2017, 19:53 (Ref:3755208)   #12
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
I'd do a "non-junior formula racing" forum, to include Formula E but also Super Formula.

I would also add a "general motorsport" forum. There's no exact place to talk about the new public road rules in the UK, or the new Kyalami, or the lack of Renault factory programs outside F1.