Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Old 17 Jul 2001, 09:06 (Ref:118187)   #1
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
The difficulties we mortals face

I just found out that if we do not wish to get into any arguments with anyone, we can use the ignore function - with the exception that if we wish to ignore someone who is a moderator/administrator, we cannot ignore this person. I suppose I will just have to turn a blind eye in such cases!!and bypass their their sarcastic comments.

Last edited by Valve Bounce; 17 Jul 2001 at 09:11.
Old 17 Jul 2001, 09:34 (Ref:118194)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I will assume this is in response to something I wrote and used your name. I'm sorry if you think I was being particularly rude or sarcastic. I actually said "Oh Gawd. If you say so Bouncey". I was trying to make light of your comments.

I suspect the problem is that you appear consider that moderators (race officials) must maintain an aloof presence and not get involved in the discussions. This would be evidenced by your repeated requests to me to view things "as a race official".

Frankly, I do try to maintian a balanace and as such I have explained that unless it has something to do with the forum rules I do not post wearing my "Race Official" hat.

However you appear to have a small problem with my sense of humour so I'll try to refrain from responding to your posts. Although I am able to put an "ignore" on someone I would never do so because everybody has the right to be heard even if I don't agree with their point of view.

Furthermore I would suggest that your use of the words "we mortals" in the thread topic suggests that either myself or the other staff members consider themselves to be super beings or gods? If so I respectfully request you to reconsider because we're all here to have fun.

In closing, if you really do have a problem with me or any other official may I suggest you take it to the admins via the "warning buttons" and they will definitely deal with the person.

I would hope that this settles the matter. I will keep an eye on this thread and if there are any complaints about me I'll make sure that the management is notified immediately.

Cheers
Pete
Old 17 Jul 2001, 17:33 (Ref:118432)   #3
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Sarcastic comments ? I've not seen any of these... at least none coming from 'this side of the fence'

The ignore feature is indeed very useful - i'd like to invite anyone who is not happy with the way that someone else handles themselves to use it.
Old 17 Jul 2001, 20:40 (Ref:118515)   #4
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Quote:
Originally posted by Craig Antill
Sarcastic comments ? I've not seen any of these... at least none coming from 'this side of the fence'

The ignore feature is indeed very useful - i'd like to invite anyone who is not happy with the way that someone else handles themselves to use it.
This is no longer a problem. I have discovered two keys on my keyboard which perform the same function.
Old 17 Jul 2001, 20:42 (Ref:118518)   #5
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree, it's a very present help in times when the person involved simply can't see eye to eye with one. I don't use it often and sometimes don't use it for long, but for the duration of a particular thread sometimes it keeps me from being intemperate.

And dare I suggest that making pointed remarks at Race Officials is unhelpful, as it fosters an atmosphere of disrespect for authority, which is exactly what we'd like to get away from? Authority is best when it doesn't have to be wielded but can simply be felt as a presence. (Remember that look your mother gets that you can feel through the back of your neck?) We don't want this website to turn into Mr. Rogers' Neighbourhood; but by the same token, who'd want to hang around if it turned into Nurse Ratchett's Neighbourhood?
Old 17 Jul 2001, 20:43 (Ref:118519)   #6
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Excellent news - glad you're happy