Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 14 Feb 2007, 20:26 (Ref:1841594)   #1
Zurbert82
Veteran

United States
Pittsburgh
Zurbert82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, it's official - http://www.trackbytes.com/news.php?id=2698
Old 14 Feb 2007, 20:35 (Ref:1841601)   #2
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Brilliant news ..... be nice to see a differant colored Creation too . Hope they decide to do Le Mans again .

And congradulations to Creation on the sale of their first chassis too .
Old 14 Feb 2007, 21:30 (Ref:1841661)   #3
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
Hope they decide to do Le Mans again.
Not with that car though, it's a 2006 'hybrid'.
Old 14 Feb 2007, 21:36 (Ref:1841666)   #4
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I just realised that Mr.B ..... maybe a deal done to run Creations 2nd CA-07S might be a possibility though .
Old 14 Feb 2007, 21:45 (Ref:1841673)   #5
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
I just realised that Mr.B ..... maybe a deal done to run Creations 2nd CA-07S might be a possibility though .
Now, there's a plan Mr.B........

I was already wondering if Creation's third driver at Le Mans might have the 'Field' surname! An Intersport entry for the second 07S would be mega.
Old 15 Feb 2007, 07:12 (Ref:1841886)   #6
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Introducing the Intersport Creation CA06/H LMP1

The news broke last night and there's (naturally) been some discussion on other threads. But this is big news, both for Creation and Intersport, so I reckon a dedicated thread is in order.

I''ve moved yesterday's posts across to this thread...........

Last edited by Bentley03; 15 Feb 2007 at 07:14.
Old 15 Feb 2007, 09:18 (Ref:1841965)   #7
canam
Veteran

canam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ironically, the Intersport Creation could produce the first overall victory for a Creation chassis. There is certainly more chance of that happening in the ALMS than in the LMS.
Old 15 Feb 2007, 10:46 (Ref:1841998)   #8
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
excellent news! - but thats interesting too, on page 21 of last weeks autosport, it said intersport were about to buy one of dysons lola-AER V8's.........and that the creation deal had fell through......looks like they ironed it out.......I think intersport have bought the better car (creation) at the end of the day........

will it be the wide wheel version?........surely they cant seriously be looking to still run the car on the old LMP675 small rims in LMP1???......

also it says the Judd 5.0.......surely this is a mistake.........anyone in their right mind should run the 5.5, with 10bhp extra, 10% more torque, and 2% fuel saving - they will be silly not to........not a major chassis tear up, just some new restrictors, possibly some thicker rads to help heat rejection too?........all simple stuff

Last edited by knighty; 15 Feb 2007 at 10:55.
Old 15 Feb 2007, 10:53 (Ref:1842007)   #9
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
I see from the Daily Sportscar article that the Intersport Creation will initially be equipped with the smaller wheels and tyres which Creation raced with themselves in 2006. Intersport will (as previously announced) work with Kumho in 2007, but they do not as yet have an LMP1 (size) tyre to offer them.

So, the Intersport Creation will be 2006 spec for Sebring, then upgraded to the same spec as the other CA06/H (revised bodywork and larger wheels and tyres), subsequently.

According to Ian Bickerton, Creation will have a 'large presence' at Sebring. Presumably Creation will enter the car which has already undergone the upgrades alongside the Intersport Creation. Post Sebring, Ian Smith and Andy Trimm (Creation) will be working with Intersport at the majority of the remaining ALMS races.

Fantastic news all round, and good luck to all concerned!
Old 15 Feb 2007, 11:28 (Ref:1842044)   #10
canam
Veteran

canam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by knighty
also it says the Judd 5.0.......surely this is a mistake.........anyone in their right mind should run the 5.5, with 10bhp extra, 10% more torque, and 2% fuel saving - they will be silly not to........not a major chassis tear up, just some new restrictors, possibly some thicker rads to help heat rejection too?........all simple stuff
I am not sure if it is so simple. I have heard that the engine is a bit taller (taller trumpets) which may require a change in the airbox and related bodywork. Creation are, no doubt doing the necessary work for the 5.5 l this year (for the new LMP1 car) so it may become available later in the season. I am very much looking forward to seeing their new car.
Old 15 Feb 2007, 13:54 (Ref:1842163)   #11
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by knighty
will it be the wide wheel version?........surely they cant seriously be looking to still run the car on the old LMP675 small rims in LMP1???......

It will be the small wheel version at Sebring. Kumho doesn't have tires ready yet, for the large wheel version. Race 2 and on should be larger wheels.

Yes, the Judd 5.0. Judd themselves suggested to keep it, as the 5.5 is really only supposed to make a difference at very long tracks, such as LM. (According to Judd)
Old 15 Feb 2007, 13:56 (Ref:1842164)   #12
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
that actually makes sense - the lower revving 5.5 engine will require longer intake runners in order to achieve the required port harmonics and air-velocity.......surely this will also impact Listers and Rollcentres Pescarolo 5.0 derived rear bodywork if it was optimised for the 5.0 engine height???.......or is the penny about to drop for lawrence and martin too .....
Old 15 Feb 2007, 13:59 (Ref:1842166)   #13
cptkablamo
Veteran

Australia
cptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Happy with this news...far better option than the Lola and brings in a little varitey to the ALMS...but its also good for Creation...to get some customers. The sport needs this too (ie small constructors getting buyers) and this is really good news for LMP1 in the States...The car is sorted and with the brains trust behind it this year, we should see what the Audi is really like over a full season...
Old 15 Feb 2007, 14:30 (Ref:1842188)   #14
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Better option than the Lola? Depends on your point of view, RML showed last year what the Lola chassis was capable of in the LMS and at Le Mans, and that was with a LMP2 car. The Lola Swiss Spirit are running this year will definately be in contention for race wins in the LMS I think, and perhaps at Le Mans too, it should definately be one of the front runners anyway.

Back to the original topic though, great to see Intersport stepping up to LMP1, they might not challenge Audi directly but I would imagine they will be mixing it with the lead LMP2 cars. Really it was a good choice for Intersport, they coudnt compete with the Penske's in LMP2 with a LMP2 car but by stepping up to a LMP1 car the car should be capable of matching the Penske's, if not a bit faster.
Old 15 Feb 2007, 14:55 (Ref:1842210)   #15
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
RML is a very solid team no doubt. I'd love to see them come over and run PLM, before heading to Brazil, to see where they stand against the P2 field over here.
Old 15 Feb 2007, 15:11 (Ref:1842222)   #16
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALEEN S7R
Better option than the Lola? Depends on your point of view, RML showed last year what the Lola chassis was capable of in the LMS and at Le Mans, and that was with a LMP2 car. The Lola Swiss Spirit are running this year will definately be in contention for race wins in the LMS I think, and perhaps at Le Mans too, it should definately be one of the front runners anyway.
The Lola B05/40 & B07/40 are terrific cars. The B06/10, not so much...I don't expect that car to be in contention.
Old 15 Feb 2007, 16:25 (Ref:1842282)   #17
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I didn't notice anywhere in the articles any mention on whether or not the team was selling the B05/40 or keeping it.

I assume that Intersport could still run Le Mans with the B05/40, since it was the car they had when they filled out the Le Mans application.
Old 15 Feb 2007, 16:34 (Ref:1842287)   #18
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by The359
I didn't notice anywhere in the articles any mention on whether or not the team was selling the B05/40 or keeping it.

I assume that Intersport could still run Le Mans with the B05/40, since it was the car they had when they filled out the Le Mans application.
It has been suggested/hinted by John Thawley, who is doing Intersport PR, that the Lola has been sold, on the ALMS board.

http://americanlemans.com/cs/forums/...ead.aspx#11565
Old 15 Feb 2007, 16:37 (Ref:1842289)   #19
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Can't view that page, I think you need to be a member.
Old 15 Feb 2007, 17:36 (Ref:1842350)   #20
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton
The Lola B05/40 & B07/40 are terrific cars. The B06/10, not so much...I don't expect that car to be in contention.
On what do you base that statement? I agree with your opinion of the B05/40, yes. We haven't seen a B07/40 run yet, have we? Up-to-date B05s, yes, but a true B07?

And I don't think that you're giving the B06/10 a fair shake. Remarkable, no. Solid, yes. I would expect the Charouz and later Swiss Spirit versions to be right on the pace of their logical competitors.
Old 15 Feb 2007, 17:39 (Ref:1842354)   #21
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Hugewally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen
Can't view that page, I think you need to be a member.
Its a free sign up... (hint-hint)
Old 15 Feb 2007, 17:43 (Ref:1842357)   #22
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugewally
Its a free sign up... (hint-hint)
You don't say?

I was a member before, but didn't sign up when they changed the forum format. It just doesn't compare to Ten Tenths.
Old 15 Feb 2007, 18:34 (Ref:1842411)   #23
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So if Creation's narrow-wheel CA06/H will be used by Intersport first, with Creation itself possibly running the wide-wheel car themselves, I assume that when Intersport takes over the wide-wheel car, the narrow-wheel car will be converted and this will be the car that goes to Velocity?

Or will the Velocity car be a new CA07?

(Confusing, I know)
Old 15 Feb 2007, 18:52 (Ref:1842436)   #24
russ250575
Racer

England
England,Milton Keynes
russ250575 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking at various sites i read the intersport/creation/velo scenario as

Sebring only

Intersport to run 1 CA06H with narrow wheels (allowing there tyre supplier more time to make wider rubber)

Creation possibly to run a CA06H with Wider wheels and probably michelin LMP1 tyres (tyre are my guess)

After sebring

Intersport get the wider wheeled version with new rubber from there tyre suppliers (having been given more time)

Creation take the narrow wheeled on and convert whatever needs to be converted to LMP2 spec and then sell that to Velocity (who will possibly compete at end of season)

In the meantim I guess Creation will compete in LMS woth the CA07 whilst using the 2nd CA07 due later in the year to test the AIM/Judd new engine..

If anyone can put anything I have wrong to correct please cos im getting confussed..
Old 16 Feb 2007, 00:49 (Ref:1842738)   #25
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk
On what do you base that statement? I agree with your opinion of the B05/40, yes. We haven't seen a B07/40 run yet, have we? Up-to-date B05s, yes, but a true B07?

And I don't think that you're giving the B06/10 a fair shake. Remarkable, no. Solid, yes. I would expect the Charouz and later Swiss Spirit versions to be right on the pace of their logical competitors.
Yes, your correct on the B07, I thought about that after I wrote it. I think I have given the B06/10 a fair shake and so did Dyson, so I will respectfully disagree.