Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 4 Mar 2020, 10:45 (Ref:3961474)   #126
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's been over 8 months since I logged onto this site. I have had quite a rough year and continue to struggle on with business etc.
Le Mans is still in my blood and I have been following the WEC/ Hypercar developments with interest, hope, and disappointment in equal measures.
My usual group of Le Mans attendees has dwindled to nothing which I think is illustrative of how badly wrong the ACO and Motorsport in general have got things.
I can't see me returning for my 30th trip in 2020. I was interested in some manufacturer battles under the new HC rules in 2021 but even that looks unlikely now. The racing is not the only factor - ease of travel, cost, exchange rates, and over commercialization all come into consideration. I am sure I will return one year soon - but for now I feel I am likely to watch from the comfort of my own home. Here's hoping for better times ahead for the sport. Pilg. (aka Gav)
Old 4 Mar 2020, 12:14 (Ref:3961505)   #127
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrimage View Post
It's been over 8 months since I logged onto this site. I have had quite a rough year and continue to struggle on with business etc.
Le Mans is still in my blood and I have been following the WEC/ Hypercar developments with interest, hope, and disappointment in equal measures.
My usual group of Le Mans attendees has dwindled to nothing which I think is illustrative of how badly wrong the ACO and Motorsport in general have got things.
I can't see me returning for my 30th trip in 2020. I was interested in some manufacturer battles under the new HC rules in 2021 but even that looks unlikely now. The racing is not the only factor - ease of travel, cost, exchange rates, and over commercialization all come into consideration. I am sure I will return one year soon - but for now I feel I am likely to watch from the comfort of my own home. Here's hoping for better times ahead for the sport. Pilg. (aka Gav)
I sympathise with your point of view. My own days attending the race are drawing to a close - principally because of ill health and old age - but I still anticipate being there this year.

The race goes through peaks and troughs. 2020 looks certain to be one of the troughs, but I'm sure it will bounce back. I think back to the Balestre trough, the 1992 trough and possibly others will feel there have been more. For now, the ACO seems to have lost its way, but I'm sure common sense will ultimately prevail.

Nobody seems to want to be invloved with expensive hybrid prototypes; I suspect the public doesn't want to know about hypercars and during all this, GT3 is flourishing worldwide. My own preference would be for LM to return to the format we saw in the Fifties and early Sixties, but I know there are tenthers who would sooner see nothing but prototypes.

Whatever direction the ACO takes, my interest seems unlikely to wane. despite my physical limitations. I hope you feel able to return soon, Pilgrimage.
Old 4 Mar 2020, 12:53 (Ref:3961509)   #128
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Vieux View Post
I sympathise with your point of view. My own days attending the race are drawing to a close - principally because of ill health and old age - but I still anticipate being there this year.

The race goes through peaks and troughs. 2020 looks certain to be one of the troughs, but I'm sure it will bounce back. I think back to the Balestre trough, the 1992 trough and possibly others will feel there have been more. For now, the ACO seems to have lost its way, but I'm sure common sense will ultimately prevail.

Nobody seems to want to be invloved with expensive hybrid prototypes; I suspect the public doesn't want to know about hypercars and during all this, GT3 is flourishing worldwide. My own preference would be for LM to return to the format we saw in the Fifties and early Sixties, but I know there are tenthers who would sooner see nothing but prototypes.

Whatever direction the ACO takes, my interest seems unlikely to wane. despite my physical limitations. I hope you feel able to return soon, Pilgrimage.
Thank you and I wish you better times with your ill health. I am sure I will be back soon!
Old 4 Mar 2020, 13:55 (Ref:3961520)   #129
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well Gavin you know where we will be if you want to return, you will find the usual group on Tertre Rouge as usual
Old 4 Mar 2020, 18:18 (Ref:3961570)   #130
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
I know where you are coming from. This past year and the stupid trade war with China hurt my income a tremendous amount, I think I'm crazy for going on a trip to Europe this Summer, but you only live once.

I'm also not excited at the entry list and can't see much to get thrilled about. But, I have come to love France, and love just being in Le Mans, so there's that. I'm going to maybe spend less time staring at the circuit and check out the shops and activities more. Likely spend more time taking the tram into town for those excellent French meals as well.
Old 4 Mar 2020, 18:18 (Ref:3961571)   #131
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sounds a pretty good plan...... (But I'll still be up all night during the race.... ).
Old 4 Mar 2020, 18:24 (Ref:3961573)   #132
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Sounds a pretty good plan...... (But I'll still be up all night during the race.... ).
I second that
Old 4 Mar 2020, 19:26 (Ref:3961596)   #133
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well let us hope the race goes ahead, appears F1 is currently getting concerned about venues placing restrictions on teams due to covid19, and current panic is getting worse.
Old 7 Mar 2020, 12:08 (Ref:3962110)   #134
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Well let us hope the race goes ahead, appears F1 is currently getting concerned about venues placing restrictions on teams due to covid19, and current panic is getting worse.
Absolutely no decision at this moment. The local authorities meet Pierre Fillon on next monday. First we are waiting for the 24 h motorbikes. Only 1 month left. This will be the first step. But now we have some ill persons in Le Mans .

Wait and see
Old 7 Mar 2020, 12:40 (Ref:3962117)   #135
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
I totally second what le Vieux says. Hoping that Gav will be back at the 24 Hours soon, but feeling my own future as a spectator must be limited. I've decided that when I reach 80 in 2022 it will be time to ask myself whether towing a caravan down to Le Mans every June is actually a good idea. It's the cameradi of the crowd we meet there that keeps me going - so far.
Old 7 Mar 2020, 12:48 (Ref:3962120)   #136
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpy View Post
I totally second what le Vieux says. Hoping that Gav will be back at the 24 Hours soon, but feeling my own future as a spectator must be limited. I've decided that when I reach 80 in 2022 it will be time to ask myself whether towing a caravan down to Le Mans every June is actually a good idea. It's the cameradi of the crowd we meet there that keeps me going - so far.
Your post raised a smile. Every word applies to me, but I'd have to change the number 80 to 74. If you see me heading south in a caravan towing my careavan this year, give me a wave....
Old 7 Mar 2020, 12:56 (Ref:3962121)   #137
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Vieux View Post
Your post raised a smile. Every word applies to me, but I'd have to change the number 80 to 74. If you see me heading south in a caravan towing my careavan this year, give me a wave....
☺ I've pmd you.
Old 9 Mar 2020, 14:13 (Ref:3962475)   #138
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Today, Pierre Fillon should meet the prefect of the département de la Sarthe. We will have some news in several hours I hope.
Old 9 Mar 2020, 14:17 (Ref:3962478)   #139
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well in connection with this, the France v Ireland rugby has been postponed.
Old 9 Mar 2020, 17:35 (Ref:3962557)   #140
Kpy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
Today, Pierre Fillon should meet the prefect of the département de la Sarthe. We will have some news in several hours I hope.
Gatherings of more than 5000 people now banned in France.
We just have to hope it's over before June
Old 9 Mar 2020, 18:05 (Ref:3962564)   #141
Kpy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpy View Post
Gatherings of more than 5000 people now banned in France.
We just have to hope it's over before June

I should have said that gatherings of over 1000 people are now banned.
Old 9 Mar 2020, 18:44 (Ref:3962571)   #142
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
They will ban panicking soon, pity as usual everyone will ignore them, banning politicians from getting together and making things worse could be a course of action that might be more effective
Old 10 Mar 2020, 00:02 (Ref:3962636)   #143
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Update from the ACO today, For the moment, no requirement to postpone or cancel any of their sporting events scheduled in the coming weeks on the Le Mans circuit. Event calendar remains unchanged.

"We are confident that the 24 Hours of Le Mans will go ahead as planned on 13-14 June"
Old 10 Mar 2020, 07:02 (Ref:3962652)   #144
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
Update from the ACO today, For the moment, no requirement to postpone or cancel any of their sporting events scheduled in the coming weeks on the Le Mans circuit. Event calendar remains unchanged.

"We are confident that the 24 Hours of Le Mans will go ahead as planned on 13-14 June"
First event at the circuit in three weeks : the french sbk championship. Then the 24h motorbikes on april 15th 70000 people expected!!
I am confident too but we are not authorities................
Old 10 Mar 2020, 20:25 (Ref:3962862)   #145
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
24h Motos postponed to September

The decision point for the big one must be approaching rapidly.

Last edited by Greem; 10 Mar 2020 at 20:35.
Old 10 Mar 2020, 20:47 (Ref:3962865)   #146
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Still a long way to June and a lot warmer temperatur coming to strengthen people.
Old 10 Mar 2020, 21:18 (Ref:3962873)   #147
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Still a long way to June and a lot warmer temperatur coming to strengthen people.
Its taken 3 months for the situation in China to improve and the virus is only just starting in most euro countries. Not looking good but hopeful as always, also looking for news regarding the Classic.
Old 10 Mar 2020, 22:15 (Ref:3962891)   #148
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The news on our forum are faster than the covid
Yes, Motos 5-6 September
Old 11 Mar 2020, 06:47 (Ref:3962961)   #149
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
To be honest i am now happy that we have not booked ferry/tunnel yet for either spa or le mans, not sure i am confident things will improve
Old 12 Mar 2020, 19:25 (Ref:3963551)   #150
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
Our President is just announcing all schools will be closed from next monday and so long as necessary. He is also reminding the protective rules.

Envoyé de mon SM-A600FN en utilisant Tapatalk
Closed Thread