Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 2 Jun 2004, 05:53 (Ref:991084)   #1
Pierre
Rookie

Pierre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
G.E.A.R. what is it ? historics down under!!

can some answer the above ? in relation to down under!!!!!!!
Old 2 Jun 2004, 08:50 (Ref:991205)   #2
zefarelly
Veteran

England
zefarelly should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridzefarelly should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridzefarelly should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Grumpy European-Antipodean Racer ?
Old 2 Jun 2004, 09:18 (Ref:991226)   #3
David McKinney
Veteran

David McKinney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I prefer Golden Era Automobile Racing
Old 2 Jun 2004, 10:56 (Ref:991321)   #4
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
this sounds like another pointless thread by young Pierre!
I think he means histironics down under......
Old 2 Jun 2004, 11:08 (Ref:991337)   #5
Chris Griffin
Racer

England
Theale, Berkshire, UK
Chris Griffin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree Simon. Move along Pierre, you're waisting people's time.
Old 2 Jun 2004, 13:42 (Ref:991509)   #6
zefarelly
Veteran

England
zefarelly should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridzefarelly should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridzefarelly should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Gaalic
Eloquence
Auspiciously
Received ?
Old 2 Jun 2004, 14:32 (Ref:991571)   #7
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Going-on Endlessly About Rubbish?

(This is a good game)
In the current circumstances, we need to do all we can to help local businesses. With this in mind I suggest we all schedule our visits to the pub so we can keep the 2m social distancing and whilst there get completely slamied for two hours before handing over to the next shift.

It probably won't stop the virus but nobody would care.
Old 2 Jun 2004, 22:01 (Ref:992032)   #8
Andrew Fellowes
Veteran

Australia
Tamborine Mountain, Qld. Australia
Andrew Fellowes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Peter I like it but I think I prefer Davidís reply,

Pierre its an organisation started in New South Wales but now with the same concept in Queensland whereby like minded hire a race track and go out to play with their race cars. The attraction is you donít need a race licence.

I have yet to go to one but I sure will do as I owe several people a drive in my car and this is a great chance to drive a race car on a track. Its certainly brought out several cars here who's owners don't wish to race them but are happy to have a good social day out.

I fancy its a concept that will spread, perhaps one day to the UK, oh well perhaps not, some of you are too busy still fighting the French

Last edited by Andrew Fellowes; 2 Jun 2004 at 22:06.
Old 3 Jun 2004, 05:34 (Ref:992248)   #9
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by Andrew Fellowes
I fancy its a concept that will spread, perhaps one day to the UK,
Andrew. I think you will find that we have track days on many circuits in Europe already. We can run historic race cars, modern race cars or road cars of any age. And we even do it in France too.
In the current circumstances, we need to do all we can to help local businesses. With this in mind I suggest we all schedule our visits to the pub so we can keep the 2m social distancing and whilst there get completely slamied for two hours before handing over to the next shift.

Old 3 Jun 2004, 06:05 (Ref:992260)   #10
Andrew Fellowes
Veteran

Australia
Tamborine Mountain, Qld. Australia
Andrew Fellowes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Get Every Antipodean Re-invention

Damn Europeans!

Last edited by Andrew Fellowes; 3 Jun 2004 at 06:10.
Old 3 Jun 2004, 06:45 (Ref:992276)   #11
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there

Old 3 Jun 2004, 07:45 (Ref:992334)   #12
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think the Europeans followed the British on this and same way back the folk from down under caught on - seems history continually repeats itself!
Old 5 Jun 2004, 02:17 (Ref:994403)   #13
Dick Willis
Rookie

Dick Willis should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GEAR NSW was started five years ago by a group of enthusiasts, mostly of mature age, who were disillusioned by the current CAMS system in that they believed they were being discriminated against because of their age and the age of their cars.

I was one of the 13 fouding and life members.

GEAR NSW conducts meetings at Wakefield Park, near Goulburn, approximately every two months where usually fifty cars and sufficient enthusiasts from their membership of approx, 200 arrive to conduct their event.

The events are held on a Wednesday and cars are grouped to vehicles of similar performance, usually with ten or fifteen to a group, the cars circulate for five laps or so at a brisk pace, with everyone usually having three or four runs on the day.

The emphasis is most definitely not on racing but on exercising the machinery in a manner that does not endanger either the competitor and his vehicle or other competitors.
Desperate outbraking manoeuvers are definitely not on !

The concept works remarkably well and the club is most definitely in a strong position. Remember that not everyone wants to race in a fully competitive situation and that many people are very content to exercise their precious machinery in a non threatening environment.

I hope this brief explanation satisfies the original query and the sceptics who posted earlier replies. Please do not hesitate to ask if there is any further information you require on GEAR NSW.
Old 5 Jun 2004, 03:32 (Ref:994420)   #14
Dick Willis
Rookie

Dick Willis should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I forgot to mention that the cars are predominantly early sixties and before.
Old 5 Jun 2004, 03:55 (Ref:994426)   #15
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Welcome Dick. Don't take the "scepticism" too seriously. The origins of that came from another thread!

Sounds like you've got a great set up well done.

Are the cars original competition cars or cars prepared especially for the GEAR NSW events?