Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 21 Nov 2018, 17:31 (Ref:3864808)   #126
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
So what is a Group 1.5 car Pete. Guess its something between group 1 and 2. Is my Group 1 RS 2000 OK. Would like to find somewhere to race the car against similar performance cars.
Old 21 Nov 2018, 18:23 (Ref:3864815)   #127
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Silverstone Classic will feature both F2 and F3 races. Announcement from HSCC here.... https://hscc.org.uk/hscc-historic-f2...stone-classic/

The International Historic F2 Championship full calendar is-

26-28 April. Hockenheim Jim Clark Revival

25-26 May. Brand Hatch (Masters Historic Festival) (Guessing GP circuit)

28-30 June. Magny-Cours (HVM Historique GP de France)

26-28 July. Silverstone Classic

6-8 September. Zandvoort HGP

4-6 October. Dijon Motors Cup (HVM)
Old 21 Nov 2018, 18:36 (Ref:3864816)   #128
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
So what is a Group 1.5 car Pete. Guess its something between group 1 and 2. Is my Group 1 RS 2000 OK. Would like to find somewhere to race the car against similar performance cars.
Bit off topic, but....

Pete will correct me if incorrect, but the term “Gp 1.5” was adopted for cars running in the British championship after the regulations were relaxed a bit to allow manufacturers to modify beyond Gp1. Other countries adopted their own improvements for domestic championships, calling the category Gp1a or whatever they thought of....

To be absolutely correct, a Gp1.5 car now should be running exactly the same spec as it would have done in period, but there are organisers that simply use the term to class cars that are not running to correct Gp1 spec. For instance an RS2000 not running the correct pancake air cleaner, tubular exhaust, roller top strut mounts, small diameter front springs, etc etc......
Old 21 Nov 2018, 21:09 (Ref:3864851)   #129
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
My Rover is Gp 1.5. It's Group 1 with the Blue Book mods from 1981. Which is exactly how it rsn in period.
Old 22 Nov 2018, 17:36 (Ref:3865060)   #130
Podd37
Racer

Ireland
Dublin
Podd37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
No and I also hear that he's interested in anyone with a Group 1.5 car for an introductory race.

Any more on that Peter? Id be interested.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 23 Nov 2018, 06:53 (Ref:3865192)   #131
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
No news yet but if I hear anything I'll post it here.
Old 23 Nov 2018, 11:59 (Ref:3865217)   #132
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Following on from the apparently successful Classic Alfa Challenge he ran recently at Donington, Julius Thurgood in conjunction with HRDC has released proposals for 2 Trackdays at Goodwood on 5 and 18 March 2019, and a confirmed race at Silverstone on 14 April, with others proposed at Thruxton on 2 June and Castle Combe on 5 October. Races to run to the same format as this year - 15 minute qualy, 30 minute race, and presumably to the same (somewhat vague ) class regs.

The intention is that the Classic Alfa Challenge will be expanded further in 2020, presumably dependent on support.

As one who loves to see older Alfas being used as they should, I wish him well with this series......sadly our 75 V6 is too new to be included.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Further to my post #45 about Julius Thurgood's plans for a Classic Alfa Challenge, it looks as though he's now firmed up on the 2 proposed dates, so the 3 races will be:
Silverstone on 14 April, Thruxton on 2 June and Castle Combe on 5 October
Hope this goes well. Seems strange that GTV6, 75s and 33s don't seem eligible though. I would fully understand if the cut off was from when the range was largely platform sharing with Fiats.

As an aside, I find it strange that the PCGB, HRDC or a similar organization don't have a series for "classic Porsches". The current PCGB Porsche Club Series is largely run for more modern cars on slick tyres now but I would have thought that there was reasonable market for a series for air cooled 911s and the 924/944/928 of the 80s & 90s.
Old 23 Nov 2018, 12:29 (Ref:3865219)   #133
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Ahem https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/o...orsche-20l-cup
Old 23 Nov 2018, 13:01 (Ref:3865223)   #134
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Thanks Peter, i do vaguely remember that now you mention it, but i note that its a one make series whereas i was thinking of something multi-model.
Old 23 Nov 2018, 13:02 (Ref:3865224)   #135
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
And the Peter Auto Porsche 2.0 litre cup was voted race series of the year......

Plus- the Championship was won by a British prepared car with British drivers.
Old 23 Nov 2018, 15:47 (Ref:3865256)   #136
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Talking of Peter Auto and Historic F2, it appears that their attempt to run an alternative series to the HSCC official FIA one has run out of steam, and it will not continue into 2019. Victory for the HSCC?

Will be interesting to see what if anything fills the hole in weekend timetables. Perhaps the more modern endurance cars that have demo’d at some events will get to race.....
Old 23 Nov 2018, 20:37 (Ref:3865304)   #137
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk View Post
Pity they didn't spend any on the roads.
It's even worse than Oulton Park to get to.

Last time I went it took over 6 hours to do the 200 or so miles getting there and I vowed never again.

Funny, that, I have somewhat similar feelings about Brands Hatch......I don't get dizzy going round Anglesey, though
Old 24 Nov 2018, 09:56 (Ref:3865429)   #138
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Talking of Peter Auto and Historic F2, it appears that their attempt to run an alternative series to the HSCC official FIA one has run out of steam, and it will not continue into 2019. Victory for the HSCC?
Will be interesting to see what if anything fills the hole in weekend timetables. Perhaps the more modern endurance cars that have demo’d at some events will get to race.....
They will probably go back to the old timetable they had in 2016 or just invite some grids like the HGPCA for example.Shame it didnt work out.
Old 24 Nov 2018, 10:19 (Ref:3865430)   #139
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmaz223 View Post
They will probably go back to the old timetable they had in 2016 or just invite some grids like the HGPCA for example.Shame it didnt work out.
Yes, there are some events where invited grids join in. Formula Junior will be at Dijon, for example.

The F2 series was added at the request of some customers that had suitable cars but preferred to race them with PA along with their other cars. Obviously a cost saving... However, the possibility of the series taking cars away from the established FIA championship run by the HSCC caused some friction, but it didn’t happen- only 6 to 8 cars at most meetings!
Old 24 Nov 2018, 12:25 (Ref:3865446)   #140
Mike Crow
Racer

Mike Crow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This, and the news that F2 will be at the Silverstone Classic, is really great news. F2 is, in my opinion, far and away the best historic series. The cars are wonderful. Impressively quick, sound fabulous and bring back fond memories. i love it.
Old 24 Nov 2018, 17:36 (Ref:3865485)   #141
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
The CSCC draft calendar was announced a few weeks ago but there have been some changes forced by changes to the DTM date at Brands I think.

The revised calendar is here

https://www.classicsportscarclub.co.uk/race-calendar

Note: the Magnificent 7s have an outing on the Brands Hatch GP circuit, Thruxton returns and each series has a 2 day, 2 layout meeting at Anglesey (well worth the trip).
Old 24 Nov 2018, 22:47 (Ref:3865527)   #142
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Yes, there are some events where invited grids join in. Formula Junior will be at Dijon, for example.

The F2 series was added at the request of some customers that had suitable cars but preferred to race them with PA along with their other cars. Obviously a cost saving... However, the possibility of the series taking cars away from the established FIA championship run by the HSCC caused some friction, but it didn’t happen- only 6 to 8 cars at most meetings!
One race they only had 3 finishers I think nice cars and are basically a lesser version of historic f1.Will be interesting having F1,F2 & F3 at the classic.Wonder if this will push up historic f1 entries a bit asits been falling abit recently.Doesnt help at the Classic with having the support race at the GP in my opinion.👍
Old 24 Nov 2018, 22:48 (Ref:3865528)   #143
Willmaz223
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmaz223 View Post
One race they only had 3 finishers I think nice cars and are basically a lesser version of historic f1.Will be interesting having F1,F2 & F3 at the classic.Wonder if this will push up historic f1 entries a bit asits been falling abit recently.Doesnt help at the Classic with having the support race at the GP in my opinion.👍
Oh the terrible spelling typing on my phone half asleep.
Old 25 Nov 2018, 06:36 (Ref:3865635)   #144
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
You can go back in and edit, if within a few minutes and no other posts have been made.

Jag Challenge calendar next season is not official, but heavily rumoured at their annual prize giving supper (at the Classic Works- very impressive) to be-

May-
Donington HF
Silverstone International Trophy HSCC

June-
Dijon (Maybe l’Age d’Or?)
Brand Hatch ‘Legends of’ HSCC

August-
Croft ‘Nostalgia’ HSCC

September-
Spa 6hrs meetiing

Nice selection if the calendar is rubber stamped! Unfortunately the E Type I’ve raced in the series with its owner is being ‘retired’ by said owner, so will be watching from the sidelines...... Although E Types form a large percentage of most races now, still a very nice series with mostly owner drivers and good driving standards.
Old 25 Nov 2018, 07:22 (Ref:3865646)   #145
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Any pots for you and James Mike ?
Old 25 Nov 2018, 12:30 (Ref:3865719)   #146
Willmaz223
Veteran

I am aware 😁 although I liked to explain the consistency of the crime 😁.

The jag classic is a good series but tbh is becoming more of the old E Type Challenge.Good racing though.
Old 28 Nov 2018, 11:01 (Ref:3866565)   #147
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
The 2019 Morgan Challenge calendar is now public, and as usual they are joining other club’s / organiser’s events. No visit to Spa for the Summer Classic mentioned.....

April 14th at Silverstone with VSCC. (‘Spring Start’ or ‘Formula Vintage Round 1’ if you have to )

April 27/28th at Brands Hatch with MGCC.

June 16th at Mallory with the Classic & Modern grids.

July 20/21st at Donington with MGCC.

August ? at Silverstone with Bentley Drivers Club. (Usually first w/end, which would be 3rd or 4th)

September 14th at Castle Combe with CCRC.

October 5th at Snetterton with MGCC.
Old 28 Nov 2018, 11:28 (Ref:3866568)   #148
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
The 2019 Morgan Challenge calendar is now public, and as usual they are joining other club’s / organiser’s events. No visit to Spa for the Summer Classic mentioned.....

April 14th at Silverstone with VSCC. (‘Spring Start’ or ‘Formula Vintage Round 1’ if you have to )

April 27/28th at Brands Hatch with MGCC.

June 16th at Mallory with the Classic & Modern grids.

July 20/21st at Donington with MGCC.

August ? at Silverstone with Bentley Drivers Club. (Usually first w/end, which would be 3rd or 4th)

September 14th at Castle Combe with CCRC.

October 5th at Snetterton with MGCC.
And the Champion wins the Peter Collins Tray, but many don't know who Peter Collins was. Shame.
Old 28 Nov 2018, 12:37 (Ref:3866576)   #149
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
And the Champion wins the Peter Collins Tray, but many don't know who Peter Collins was. Shame.
Well let’s help educate them, then......

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/o...-peter-collins
Old 28 Nov 2018, 17:17 (Ref:3866645)   #150
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Masters have announced their North American calendar for 2019. Now not just HF1, but Endurance Legends as well....

http://www.mastershistoricracing.com...-of-expansion/