Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 16 Nov 2018, 06:44 (Ref:3863578)   #26
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Best not mention that in public ...
That boy worries me at times.......
Old 16 Nov 2018, 07:51 (Ref:3863585)   #27
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Managed to read the letter from Dave last night . Guess fair play to him for looking at the bigger picture about recruiting new members . Not sure myself where to start but we will raise this topic tomorrow at out FF2000 AGM.
Old 16 Nov 2018, 07:54 (Ref:3863587)   #28
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
In the closeted world of motor sport everybody knows what MSA means. But , outside that world , where there are more 'challenges' for the sport than ever before , nobody had a bloody clue who the MSA was , let alone what it did . So changing to a name which , y'know, sort of describes what they're involved with sounds like a very positive step to me ...
Old 16 Nov 2018, 10:51 (Ref:3863602)   #29
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
That boy worries me at times.......

Well, given Google's AI data grabbing these days, such a statement might be relayed to all sorts of databases and then interpreted as 'blind' and flagged up to prevent license renewal.

Never knowingly admit to anything, even in jest!

Just sayin' ...

But what were you thinking of Mike ..?
Old 16 Nov 2018, 18:21 (Ref:3863642)   #30
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
No email here, will check spam folder tomorrow, got the letter though . . . Now I'm officially 'middle aged' I'm waiting until early spring to get a full MOT and renew license, which should do me 2 years? . .who knows, there may be someone who needs an average driver with perfect eye sight.
Old 28 Nov 2018, 17:08 (Ref:3866643)   #31
gilduffy
Rookie

gilduffy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MSA Rebranding

Hey it's working. The new 'MSA' is getting more customer friendly.
In the last couple of weeks they have extended the life of my seatbelts, recognised that our Midget Championship is not a comercial enterprise and reduced the permit fee, confirmed the 2019 Permit within days of applying and I got a refund on my motorhome insurance from Adrian Flux!
Definitely going in the right direction
Old 28 Nov 2018, 19:06 (Ref:3866667)   #32
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nice one Gil! There's an article about it on autosport.com, don't know if it's behind the pay wall or not.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Old 30 Nov 2018, 07:00 (Ref:3866958)   #33
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
My 2019 licence came yesterday . With licence you get a custom holder and a lanyard .Great idea as I lost my licence at Spa last year . My only dissapointment is you no longer get a blue book . I’ve kept all my books since I started racing . Never mind I did get another nice letter from Dave .
Old 30 Nov 2018, 11:14 (Ref:3866992)   #34
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
no Blue Book? How are we supposed to have interesting discussions with scrutineers on raceday?
Old 30 Nov 2018, 11:55 (Ref:3866995)   #35
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
no Blue Book? How are we supposed to have interesting discussions with scrutineers on raceday?
Obviously we’ll use the free circuit WiFi to access the Blue Book on line via our tablets.....
Old 30 Nov 2018, 12:14 (Ref:3866999)   #36
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
That’s what Dave said in letter .
Old 30 Nov 2018, 14:35 (Ref:3867016)   #37
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Blue Book

Found the link and had a peek. On p4 it says you can buy a BB - for £34.
Thirty-four quid! Did the licence fee go down by 34 quid? - no it did not.
What will Dave do with the £1 million saved by not sending them out with the licences?
Old 30 Nov 2018, 14:50 (Ref:3867023)   #38
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Thirty-four quid! Did the licence fee go down by 34 quid? - no it did not.
Hmm - must admit I assumed I'd be getting a blue book - and if not that my licence fee should drop accordingly.

Quote:
What will Dave do with the £1 million saved by not sending them out with the licences?
Re-brand the MSA?
Old 30 Nov 2018, 15:19 (Ref:3867027)   #39
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If you can download the Blue Book it will presumably be searchable.

That means you can much more easily discover all of the obscure regulations that you never knew existed when you check for information.

So ... not excuses about 'not knowing' that certain regulatory nuances exist ...

Old 30 Nov 2018, 15:27 (Ref:3867030)   #40
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Obviously we’ll use the free circuit WiFi to access the Blue Book on line via our tablets.....
Presumably non prescription tablets.
Old 30 Nov 2018, 16:13 (Ref:3867038)   #41
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
That’s likely what it cost to pay someone to come up with the new name, and then someone to design all the logos etc to go with it. Then there’s the new headed paper and stuff, plus the internet side of it- website design doesn’t come cheap......

Old 30 Nov 2018, 17:01 (Ref:3867055)   #42
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Yes but you do get a free Lanyard . Come on guys . Be greatfull it’s beep beep beep Christmas .
Old 30 Nov 2018, 17:10 (Ref:3867058)   #43
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Yes but you do get a free Lanyard . Come on guys . Be greatfull it’s beep beep beep Christmas .
Which is great for your licence, but what about your club membership card which you normally need @ sign on as well? Hmm
Old 30 Nov 2018, 17:21 (Ref:3867063)   #44
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
I’ve a cupboard full of free beeping lanyards......
Old 30 Nov 2018, 17:35 (Ref:3867067)   #45
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you look at the spines of your collection of Blue Books you'll see that the price has increased by £1 every year in recent times. If you actually want to search for something the PDF version is much better.

I appreciate that there is a degree of cynicism on this forum but we've been complaining about the MSA for years and there does seem to be some substance behind the rebranding - let's give them a chance and tell them if there's something we don't like. Maybe they'll listen now.
Old 30 Nov 2018, 17:50 (Ref:3867069)   #46
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nice to at least see that the 2019 Blue Book is finally online. Shame it's still as clunkily written and confusing as ever, but this was never going to be a quick process. Hopefully next year should see some better thinking on changes we can all embrace (and understand)
Old 30 Nov 2018, 18:01 (Ref:3867073)   #47
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoodyMcFlude View Post
Nice to at least see that the 2019 Blue Book is finally online. Shame it's still as clunkily written and confusing as ever, but this was never going to be a quick process. Hopefully next year should see some better thinking on changes we can all embrace (and understand)
In defence of MUK it's been readable online for years, and before that it was issued on a CD which came with the printed version.
Old 30 Nov 2018, 18:14 (Ref:3867080)   #48
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I’ve a cupboard full of free beeping lanyards......
Haven't we all?

I tend to wear 'foreign ones' probably showing off
Old 30 Nov 2018, 18:17 (Ref:3867081)   #49
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
Quote:
In defence of MUK it's been readable online for years, and before that it was issued on a CD which came with the printed version.
The Kart (Gold Book) has been online for a few years as well, next year, the Drag Race (White Book) will be online for the first time.
Old 30 Nov 2018, 18:27 (Ref:3867084)   #50
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Yeah I know, I refer to it all the time. I meant that they hadn't uploaded the updated version until now, I've been wanting to check some of the 2019 changes without leafing through all the different updates