Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 17 Aug 2006, 20:29 (Ref:1685414)   #1
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Pizzonia Rocketsports return?

Paul Gentilozzi is optimistic that Antonio will drive for him at Montreal and Surfers Paradise where Kasemets won't be racing. He is quoted as saying he is hoping to make this official in a matter of days. Lets not forget Antonio already knows the Montreal circuit. The source is Autosport magazine.
Old 18 Aug 2006, 00:10 (Ref:1685600)   #2
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Good news if true. Might actually help Rocketsports look competitive for once. They're doing worse than Dale Coyne this year!
Old 18 Aug 2006, 08:40 (Ref:1685775)   #3
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
I've always liked Antonio , so I hope this is true
Old 18 Aug 2006, 10:45 (Ref:1685864)   #4
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Has there ever been a season though, where so many "top" teams (not sure Rocketsports is anymore) have changed drivers during the season?
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 18 Aug 2006, 11:34 (Ref:1685896)   #5
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Rocketsports you can't really class as a top team for me.

RuSPORT is a differnet matter down to injuere...
Old 18 Aug 2006, 17:04 (Ref:1686144)   #6
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
In which case you're talking about two changes and RuSport, and one at Forsythe. Hardly a lot.

Penske ran with Unser Jnr, Marques, Rodriguez & Barron in 1999 - quite a bit of swapping there.
Old 18 Aug 2006, 18:49 (Ref:1686225)   #7
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Rocketsports seems to be the bottom team in the series. I find it odd that DCR has two cars, performs better and is reasonably stable yet Rocketsports is not. Does Rocketsports not get any series help? Obviously PG doesn't want to put any more of his own money into it.
Old 18 Aug 2006, 20:13 (Ref:1686259)   #8
mp356a
Veteran

United States
SE PA USA
mp356a should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rocketsports is a cheap cheap team. Lot's of money but none spent on the team apparently. Hard to compare with a team like Dale Coyne's. DC's team has the soul of a race team. Not sure what Rocketsports is doing.
It would be cool to see jungleboy back on track though.
Old 18 Aug 2006, 20:27 (Ref:1686279)   #9
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
It would be cool. Afterall, he was an F1 driver, not amazing but not that bad either. He did well on his debut, it would be nice to see him again. He deserves to be in Champ Car.
Old 19 Aug 2006, 08:01 (Ref:1686480)   #10
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
he deserves to be in something at least so we can see what he can do on a regular basis
Old 20 Aug 2006, 18:10 (Ref:1687572)   #11
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's already three different drivers and numerous changes, with only one car formost of the season, which is pretty shambolic. tellingly, Penske's 1999 seasonw as as bad as they ever got - changing drivers around can't be a good situation for anyone in the team.
Old 20 Aug 2006, 19:21 (Ref:1687654)   #12
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
Dale Coyne was worse in 2003. They had around 8 changes in the 18 rounds..
Old 20 Aug 2006, 19:28 (Ref:1687663)   #13
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke
Dale Coyne was worse in 2003. They had around 8 changes in the 18 rounds..
I refer you back to...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSSC
Has there ever been a season though, where so many "top" teams (not sure Rocketsports is anymore) have changed drivers during the season?
Unless Dale Coyne fit your top criteria
Old 20 Aug 2006, 19:33 (Ref:1687667)   #14
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
Yes, they were going to have a second.

What have Rocketsports done this year?

Apart from play musical chairs.
Old 21 Aug 2006, 01:13 (Ref:1687814)   #15
mp356a
Veteran

United States
SE PA USA
mp356a should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke
Rocketsports you can't really class as a top team for me.

RuSPORT is a differnet matter down to injuere...
RuSPORT is by far our favorite team here at casa del mp356a. CTE is shaping up as a great "new" tream as well though. Rocketsport should be ashamed IMHO. My guess is that they'll be the first team out when the new car brings in the new teams.
Of course I could be wrong.
Old 21 Aug 2006, 09:04 (Ref:1687985)   #16
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
I don't think anyone here cares to wind me up about DCR!!

I stand corrected: the more I thought about it, Rocketsports would no longer be considered a "top" team.

I guess my problem is that a number of drivers who I have barely heard of have been replaced by a number of drivers I have barely heard of. Then, when the shuffle occured at the top it was more my perception than reality that there had been "a lot" of changes.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 22 Aug 2006, 20:19 (Ref:1689065)   #17
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
Autosport.com have confirmed that Antonio will be in racing for Rocketsports at Montreal.
Old 22 Aug 2006, 21:18 (Ref:1689110)   #18
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/champcar/31543/

I hope Rocketsports will be able to give him a competitve car. He's a quality driver who I think could really mix it with the best in Champ Car.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 22 Aug 2006, 21:26 (Ref:1689119)   #19
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
Does anyone know if he has driven the car since Long Beach?
I reall y think he can get a top 5 at Montreal, seeing as he has raced now in the series and he knows the track.
Please give him a good car LOL.
Old 23 Aug 2006, 07:50 (Ref:1689344)   #20
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
great news

I dont think he has been in the car since long beach at all (in fact im not sure he has been in anything) so he maybe a little rusty at first but shouldnt take too long to settle in.

I hope he has a good weekend