Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 5 Nov 2008, 20:40 (Ref:2328981)   #151
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi
Rubens was actually better than TGF !
Maybe, in the Frasier Crane lookalike competition.
Old 5 Nov 2008, 22:18 (Ref:2329068)   #152
MacMan
Racer

Australia
Perth
MacMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
you don't earn a championship, you go out and WIN it, that is exactly what Lewis did. Ok he could have done it in a better way over the season but he won it. McLaren did enough on the day to secure the championship. That is all they needed to do, reminds me of Prost in some ways.

And Hamilton is better than all but 2 drivers out there, the 2 other world champions in the field.
Old 5 Nov 2008, 22:40 (Ref:2329082)   #153
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans
Maybe, in the Frasier Crane lookalike competition.

Well at least he usually claims that when he's drunk !
Old 6 Nov 2008, 00:59 (Ref:2329161)   #154
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienM
nycuk,

its not a backlash at all. If Hamilton still conducted himself in the same way he did pre-Monaco '07, the whole world would be in love with him. But he doesn't.

When there are so many prodigiously talented drivers at the front of the grid, it is all too easy to be put off by personality. Hamilton doesn't do himself any favours when ever he opens his mouth.

Earlier this year, James Allen remarked that it is truly a golden era of drivers. He is absolutely correct.

If it was a situation akin to that after Senna's death, with M Schumacher seemingly head and shoulders above everyone else, than Hamilton would not recieve any where as much stick.

But when you have Alonso, Massa, Kubica, Raikkonen, Vettel, plus the majority of the rest of the grid doing some truly impressive driving at various points of the season, there is simply no reason to look past one driver's chronic foot-in-mouth.

Hamilton is obviously a talented driver, but many of his peers are equally as talented. Who would have thought that Felipe Massa, he who pre-Ferrari was dismissed as just another "not-quite-there" quick driver, would have put in equal performances for an entire season?

Certainly not me.

But then again, given that he made M Schumacher look "merely good" on a number of occassions, none of us should have been surprised.
So what are *you* looking for?
Old 6 Nov 2008, 16:47 (Ref:2329539)   #155
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienM
nycuk,

its not a backlash at all. If Hamilton still conducted himself in the same way he did pre-Monaco '07, the whole world would be in love with him. But he doesn't.

When there are so many prodigiously talented drivers at the front of the grid, it is all too easy to be put off by personality. Hamilton doesn't do himself any favours when ever he opens his mouth.
I simply do not reconise this level of verbal mistake, he is a highly tallented 23 year old not a United Nations Diplomat or PR person. He has never said anything that sticks in my mind as offending anyone and should simply be left to relax and enjoy his title. As Jeremy says, what are you looking for? Did you always make perfect comments under pressure?
Old 7 Nov 2008, 11:16 (Ref:2329937)   #156
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nearly a week has elapsed since LH became WDC. Of all the comments only one has slightly bemused me; much the same re the Presi elect of the US of A.
Black this Black that; why? nothing will serve to keep racism alive more than the media harping on about being the 1st Black this or that. For a start LH is not, more a pleasant shade of what the fish and chip culture try to achieve on their annual two week Costa Packet sojourn and no more or less than Massa, Senna et al. Grrr!
Lewis is a British World motor racing Champion, end of
Old 7 Nov 2008, 21:55 (Ref:2330327)   #157
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So....

Did he win then?

Old 7 Nov 2008, 23:08 (Ref:2330374)   #158
kristof14
Veteran

kristof14 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
this clip has appeared today, don't think anyone will be messing with Ferrari mechanics anytime soon.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=J2VE1yXryFc
Old 8 Nov 2008, 00:20 (Ref:2330428)   #159
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristof14
this clip has appeared today, don't think anyone will be messing with Ferrari mechanics anytime soon.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=J2VE1yXryFc
Someone already posted that one yesterday, this is not the place to talk about Ferrari.
Old 8 Nov 2008, 11:56 (Ref:2330590)   #160
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Someone already posted that one yesterday, this is not the place to talk about Ferrari.
Who?
Old 8 Nov 2008, 12:58 (Ref:2330612)   #161
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Who ?

http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....&postcount=356

Quote:
Originally Posted by Down F0rce on 6 Nov 2008, 20:12
The frustrations felt at Ferrari were too much for this mechanic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6OglUyAMUY
Old 9 Nov 2008, 11:44 (Ref:2331001)   #162
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Admin note: Posts deleted. Reason:
Quote:
...this is not the place to talk about Ferrari.
Old 9 Nov 2008, 18:58 (Ref:2331121)   #163
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I trust he will go on from here to win another championship in a more dominant fashion. His performance in Brazil was lackluster as have others been this season and of course he has won it with less wins than Massa, which is never particularly acceptable. At the moment he is one of a few top drivers in F1 and i consider Alonso to still be the most complete out there. Hamilton has a long way to go yet to be spoken of in the same breath as Fangio, Clark, Prost, Senna, Schumacher, to name but a few previous champions. Or even the like of Moss Amon, and Villeneuve, who never achieved the championship.
Old 9 Nov 2008, 20:31 (Ref:2331169)   #164
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreversideways
...and of course he has won it with less wins than Massa, which is never particularly acceptable.
I agree, but if the Belgian GP result had been upheld, Hamilton would've had more wins than Massa, so I can live with that.
Old 10 Nov 2008, 00:31 (Ref:2331301)   #165
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreversideways
I trust he will go on from here to win another championship in a more dominant fashion. His performance in Brazil was lackluster as have others been this season and of course he has won it with less wins than Massa, which is never particularly acceptable. At the moment he is one of a few top drivers in F1 and i consider Alonso to still be the most complete out there. Hamilton has a long way to go yet to be spoken of in the same breath as Fangio, Clark, Prost, Senna, Schumacher, to name but a few previous champions. Or even the like of Moss Amon, and Villeneuve, who never achieved the championship.

Massa 6 wins vs Hamiltons 5:....and that only because Spa was taken away from Hamilton and given to Massa....

The comments about him being as good as Clark, Prost Senna etc I agree with. It's far to early to tell.... Wait till the career is over...
Old 10 Nov 2008, 02:51 (Ref:2331333)   #166
Bluewolf
Racer

United States
Woodland Hills California
Bluewolf has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I'm quite late on this but ------> Congrads Lewis! - that was the most exciting last lap I've ever seen in F1 -- He's a great champion and will be an excellent ambassador for the sport. Also ----> Massa had a great year too and that needs to be acknowledged. Many F1 drivers never get even one win -- He put six in his column this season.

Last edited by Bluewolf; 10 Nov 2008 at 02:56.
Old 17 Nov 2008, 02:43 (Ref:2336147)   #167
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I haven't managed to get in here since before the final race, so I'd like to take this belated opportunity to congratulate Lewis and McLaren on their success.

Lewis and his McLaren were the most consistent performers throughout the season and thoroughly deserve the championship.

I thought McLaren and Lewis had blown it by being too cautious in Brazil, but they JUST got away with it in the end - one of the few occasions where the way the final race panned out will be remembered alongside the champion's name.

Also, kudos to Massa for the way he handled defeat - he perhaps had reason to look back on pitlane debacles and engine explosions and be a bit miffed, but he was admirable in defeat.

I can't wait for the hostilities to resume in 2009!