Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Notices

Old 31 Dec 2020, 22:11 (Ref:4026159)   #31
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan is going for a new lap record!ScotsBrutesFan is going for a new lap record!ScotsBrutesFan is going for a new lap record!ScotsBrutesFan is going for a new lap record!ScotsBrutesFan is going for a new lap record!ScotsBrutesFan is going for a new lap record!
Disclaimer: Im not a Hamilton hater... but I'm not a fanboy either.

I do have issue with the Knighthood, coming after 7 world titles.... namely it comes when he equals someone (Schumacher) surely if he is to be honoured for motor sporting achievement it should be either at he end of his career or on surpassing the record number of world championships ?

What honour do they bestow when (rather than if given he's still driving the Mercedes next season) he get the 8th title ?
Old 31 Dec 2020, 22:12 (Ref:4026160)   #32
Adam43
14th
20KPINAL

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
Jim Clark OBE - Tax Residence Switzerland
Damon Hill MBE - Tax Residence Monaco
Didnít Jim Clark OBE live in France? Back when we had 90% top rate of tax.
Didnít Damon Hill OBE live in Ireland? While his Dad was Mr Monaco I donít think he was a Monaco type person.

Your point stands obviously.
Old 31 Dec 2020, 22:19 (Ref:4026161)   #33
Adam43
14th
20KPINAL

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
Me neither. Shame we have to say so before we post.
Quote:
I do have issue with the Knighthood, coming after 7 world titles.... namely it comes when he equals someone (Schumacher) surely if he is to be honoured for motor sporting achievement it should be either at he end of his career or on surpassing the record number of world championships ?
Jackie didnít need to! Although as you said he wasnít competing.

Doesnít matter though. A lot get it when still competing, nothing in the rules saying you canít.

Quote:
What honour do they bestow when (rather than if given he's still driving the Mercedes next season) he get the 8th title ?
They donít need to give him anything else! Itís not that the rules say you get a knighthood for 7 and then...

Different times, but the main reason, say, Jim Clark OBE and Graham Hill OBE arenít knights is that the sadly werenít with us long enough. Maybe they would have been.
Old 31 Dec 2020, 22:24 (Ref:4026162)   #34
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Others (F1 and not F1) have been honoured for far less. You could argue Lewis should have gotten it far sooner, judging by others achievements.
Old 31 Dec 2020, 23:07 (Ref:4026167)   #35
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Like it or lump it...at least someone from Motorsport is being honoured instead of being vilified or shunned...
Old 1 Jan 2021, 00:20 (Ref:4026175)   #36
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
He broke the win record this year....95 times and counting the UK flag and anthem have been played.

If it was my country i would be proud.
Old 1 Jan 2021, 01:27 (Ref:4026186)   #37
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
KBE

Then possibly KCVO/GCVO, and potentially KG....
Old 1 Jan 2021, 02:17 (Ref:4026194)   #38
alan1302
Racer

alan1302 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
He broke the win record this year....95 times and counting the UK flag and anthem have been played.

If it was my country i would be proud.
It's something that the UK have a problem with - we often don't like to be proud of successful people.
Old 1 Jan 2021, 02:42 (Ref:4026196)   #39
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid has a real shot at the championship!MGDavid has a real shot at the championship!MGDavid has a real shot at the championship!MGDavid has a real shot at the championship!MGDavid has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan1302 View Post
It's something that the UK have a problem with - we often don't like to be proud of successful people.
speak for yourself, I'm extremely proud of Lewis and his achievements. And anyone else who is overtly British and brings success to my country. Very saddened by the vast quantity of vile, vicious, spiteful and hateful facebook comments about LH when this was announced yesterday.
Old 1 Jan 2021, 06:38 (Ref:4026207)   #40
2 litre Touring Car Star
Racer

Australia
2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed
Based on my anecdotal understanding of British cricket football culture,, I thought you guys were more parochial about your towns and counties than the country as a whole?
Old 1 Jan 2021, 06:58 (Ref:4026208)   #41
midgetman
Veteran

England
Rural Wiltshire
midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 litre Touring Car Star View Post
Based on my anecdotal understanding of British cricket football culture,, I thought you guys were more parochial about your towns and counties than the country as a whole?
That's a very insightful comment. We are very tribal.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Old 1 Jan 2021, 09:33 (Ref:4026220)   #42
Derwent
Rookie

Derwent has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
He must have known at the start of the season that he was getting it; he's practiced kneeling seventeen times!
Old 1 Jan 2021, 10:29 (Ref:4026230)   #43
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
A room a Buck House for all we know
Old 1 Jan 2021, 10:32 (Ref:4026231)   #44
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derwent View Post
He must have known at the start of the season that he was getting it; he's practiced kneeling seventeen times!
Sometimes the old ones aren't the best.😉
Old 1 Jan 2021, 11:08 (Ref:4026238)   #45
Aysedasi
Bubbling over...
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
speak for yourself, I'm extremely proud of Lewis and his achievements. And anyone else who is overtly British and brings success to my country. Very saddened by the vast quantity of vile, vicious, spiteful and hateful facebook comments about LH when this was announced yesterday.
Likewise.