Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 28 Feb 2010, 19:18 (Ref:2642100)   #1
Fasteddymini
Rookie

Fasteddymini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
CSCC Future Classics

Hiya - after two years in the mk2 Golf GTi Championship i have registered for CSCC Future Classics in my ex VW Cup MK1 Golf GTi - anyone else here involved/registered ? First couple of rounds to be Anglesey and Oulton
John M
Old 1 Mar 2010, 00:41 (Ref:2642348)   #2
Paul D
Veteran

England
Southport, Merseyside
Paul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think you'll find quite a few on here doing Future Classics. I'm one of them, and you'll probably find evidence of a few more in the 'Historic Racing' section of the forum.

I'm also hoping to make Anglesey if I can get the car and everything else ready in time!
Old 1 Mar 2010, 08:21 (Ref:2642479)   #3
flying muppet
Veteran

England
Deepest Shropshire
flying muppet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be along to watch or marshal (GTI commitments permitting!!)
Old 1 Mar 2010, 09:00 (Ref:2642499)   #4
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I race in the sister Tin Tops series - you could also race in that! Am I right to assume that your car is in the "Super 70s" class (cars up to 2 litres, 1979-1981)?

I think you'll enjoy the CSCC races.
Old 2 Mar 2010, 23:01 (Ref:2643675)   #5
Fasteddymini
Rookie

Fasteddymini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
CSCC Future Classics

Cheers guys -
I will be running a 1983 Mk1 Golf 1800 ex Stuart Bliss (west end engineering)VW Cup car and looking forward to some good value racing without having to treck too far from home, however have promised myself the round at Spa if I can get an entry.
Do I try and do Tin Tops as well ? Now that would be 2 x 40 minute races in a weekend....what great value.

Andy, I take it you have a new car since Brands !!! it'll be good to see you at Anglesey but I think CSCC Oulton round coincides with Brands GP GTI round - I will be doing VAG at Oulton in September tho !
John M
Old 3 Mar 2010, 21:07 (Ref:2644352)   #6
flying muppet
Veteran

England
Deepest Shropshire
flying muppet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fasteddymini View Post
Andy, I take it you have a new car since Brands !!! it'll be good to see you at Anglesey but I think CSCC Oulton round coincides with Brands GP GTI round - I will be doing VAG at Oulton in September tho !
John M
Hi John,

Yes, I've found a 'new' GTI now - and my neck is STILL hurting...

It's your Anglesey meeting that clashes with our visit to the GP circuit at Brands in May, but I'll be on the Rescue Unit for your visit to Oulton in June - see you then if not before!!

Andy
Old 8 Mar 2010, 18:43 (Ref:2647622)   #7
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Welcome to Future Classics - I've been doing it for the last couple of years, slowly getting the hang of this roundy-round stuff after many, many years of stage rallying

There are quite a few Future Classicers on here - Rob Hollyman and the Apothecary to name but two, but you'll likely see more of them in the CSCC "lounge".......Its a good friendly series, with quite a range of cars, so look forward to seeing you out and about. Oulton and Anglesey are the two nearest tracks to me, too, but this year we intend to try to get to most rounds...hopefully starting with Snett in a few weeks time....