Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 16 Feb 2007, 05:51 (Ref:1842844)   #1
GtiMagic
Racer

GtiMagic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGtiMagic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Phil Keed to SBR??

Now I know we're all more interested in the main game and their launches, new liveries etc with little interest in the DVS. But if what I was told 5 mins ago is true then i'm quite interested in the DVS at the moment.

A source of mine tells me that the recently announced Ford Rising Stars Team (Jim Morton's team previously SpeedFX) was testing at Oran Park yesterday with driver Michael Caruso driving under the watchful eye of FPR's engineering guru Phil Kead.

Now correct if i'm wrong but Caruso's ride is an ex SBR car and SpeedFX enjoyed a strong technical relationship with SBR in recent years and presumably this continues under the banner of Ford Rising Stars.

So either Ford Rising Stars have severed their ties with SBR or Kead has left FPR. I find the latter unlikely but am definately keen to know.

Anyone know anymore?

For the record Denyer also had a drive of his new ride and Daniel Elliott spun a few laps - or is that spun every few laps? Apparently not a super debut but don't worry I told my source not to be too hard on the young guy. It's early days.
Old 16 Feb 2007, 06:10 (Ref:1842848)   #2
Peter_Maxwwell
Racer

Australia
Peter_Maxwwell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i think you'll find the FRS racing program, although using SBR engines are using engineering expertise from FPR (Denyer has some sort of contract with Ford). FRSR simply have an engine deal with SBR.
Old 16 Feb 2007, 06:11 (Ref:1842849)   #3
Peter_Maxwwell
Racer

Australia
Peter_Maxwwell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i think you'll find the FRS racing program, although using SBR engines are using engineering expertise from FPR (Denyer has some sort of contract with Ford). FRSR simply have an engine deal with SBR.

As for Elliott, I reckon he'll come good. I don't know what happened during the test yesterday, but going from a Formula Ford in 2005 to one of these is probably quite a jump wouldn't you agree??
Old 16 Feb 2007, 06:23 (Ref:1842852)   #4
GtiMagic
Racer

GtiMagic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGtiMagic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Maxwwell

As for Elliott, I reckon he'll come good. I don't know what happened during the test yesterday, but going from a Formula Ford in 2005 to one of these is probably quite a jump wouldn't you agree??
Absolutely I agree which is why I told my source to not be too hard on him as its early days!

I would have thought that given SpeedFX's previous relationship with SBR that a change from that woud have been announced with the FRSR announcement as its not insignificant. Unless I missed it, I don't think they made mention. Seems odd given the noise that was made about the SBR relationship when it was struck.
Old 16 Feb 2007, 06:26 (Ref:1842856)   #5
M-Kart
Veteran

Australia
M-Kart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe SBR have downsized their support, as they are now back in the Fujitsu Series, and FRSR are now a direct, and serious, competitor? - only supplying engines, rather than engineering support too, so FPR have 'taken over' that role, as they dont have a Development team.