Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 27 Aug 2006, 09:09 (Ref:1693373)   #1
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
ELMS Series

Can any of you pundits out there recall if two drivers with the first names Allan and David ever won a race at Silverstone?
Probably within the last 5 t0 10 years.

Could Allan McNish and David Brabham ever have shared a victory?

In case you are wondering; I have a champagne bottle autographed on which only the first names are clear and the 'David' has written 1st under his name.

It could be worth millions.

Thanks, because I know some clever dick will know the answer.
Old 27 Aug 2006, 16:32 (Ref:1693865)   #2
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Not sure about sharing a win together but Brabs and McNish were F3 sparring partners in 1989 and would have likely finished first and second at one or two Silverstone rounds?

I'm probably way off but that's the only obvious solution I can think of.
Old 28 Aug 2006, 19:23 (Ref:1695751)   #3
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You may get a better response on the GT board. - Or do you have a partial scan of the sigs?

Definately the European Le Mans Series? Could have been in a Porsche GT1, But I can never recall Brabs and McNish sharing a car. McNish sure, but I can't think of any other Davids.
Old 28 Aug 2006, 19:46 (Ref:1695785)   #4
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
I can't find them here: http://www.racingsportscars.com/photo_alms.html
Old 29 Aug 2006, 09:59 (Ref:1696102)   #5
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I am now wondering if this could be from a F3000 race! did Coulthard and McNish finish 1st & 2nd in a UK round, possibly for Paul Stewart Racing?
Old 29 Aug 2006, 10:36 (Ref:1696137)   #6
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Good thought.

However I think that they only spent one full season in the category together - 1992. McNish for 3001 and DC with PSR.

Alllan had a couple of one offs in '93 and '94 (replacing DC in one Pau drive for Vortex one of those years I think?) but by the time McNish did his PSR final season in the category in '95, DC was ensconced in Williams.

Jase's idea about McNish and Brabs sharing a one off GT1 drive, and the F3 1-2 from years back are good possibilities?
Old 30 Aug 2006, 16:04 (Ref:1697718)   #7
bauble
Veteran

England
It's very frustrating as the bottle is a winners magnum and clearly signed by two drivers, but as I said originally the first names are very clear as Allan and David but the surnames are unreadable. Allan ***** is quite a short name (McNish?) and the David ******* looks about 7/8 letters long. Trouble is I can not remember getting it signed, but it must have been me.

How do you spell idyot?