Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 20 Mar 2007, 22:18 (Ref:1872637)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Kelvinmonster Gone!!!!!!

.... gone from the Chairmanship of TEGA anyways....

MN reports that Mr O'Reilly will retain the General Manager's position @ TEGA... so we arent losing his unique Kelvinness completely

New chairman....

Dr John "Cakeboy" Hewson
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 20 Mar 2007, 22:29 (Ref:1872649)   #2
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hopefully it's a good thing, so now i can stop being a Kelvinhater well that just puts the icing on the cake then .
Old 20 Mar 2007, 23:01 (Ref:1872680)   #3
Sequel
Racer

Sequel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So who does that leave on the board?
Old 20 Mar 2007, 23:16 (Ref:1872689)   #4
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Dr John Hewson ??

am I correct in thinking that he is the former politition ?

he also helped out with pitstops for Kevin Waldocks Komatsu Falcon at Bathurst years ago ?

If it is the same person (not quite sure where you get cakeboy from) then thats a very interesting selection and hopefully Dr John can push things forward , good luck to him
Old 20 Mar 2007, 23:45 (Ref:1872703)   #5
billy bigtime
Veteran

Australia
Simon McNamaras egg farm.
billy bigtime has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus
Dr John Hewson ??

am I correct in thinking that he is the former politition ?

he also helped out with pitstops for Kevin Waldocks Komatsu Falcon at Bathurst years ago ?

If it is the same person (not quite sure where you get cakeboy from) then thats a very interesting selection and hopefully Dr John can push things forward , good luck to him
Yes you are.
He lost an election trying to use a "cake" as an example of how the GST would work. I did say election, didn't I
Old 20 Mar 2007, 23:50 (Ref:1872705)   #6
1200Datto27
Veteran

Australia
Croydon
1200Datto27 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Beaten to the answer.
Old 21 Mar 2007, 00:01 (Ref:1872707)   #7
Phase3
Veteran

Australia
Always Amazing, Ever Changing Gold Coast
Phase3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwr fan
hopefully it's a good thing, so now i can stop being a Kelvinhater well that just puts the icing on the cake then .
I'm interested to hear why you hated Kelvin so much and what exactly you felt he was doing wrong?
Old 21 Mar 2007, 01:04 (Ref:1872729)   #8
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is a god, almost.

He will still be around.
Old 21 Mar 2007, 01:14 (Ref:1872737)   #9
spectator22
Racer

spectator22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OReilly seems to me to be the one up front, honest bloke in this whole mess, at least prepared to enforce the rules and bring HRT/Holden/Skaife/TW to task. Read the opinion about it all on p29 of MN – Tom W we know about, but Holden themselves dont come out of it looking exactly squeaky clean either. Long overdue for this underhand dealings to be exposed and shut down.
Old 21 Mar 2007, 01:21 (Ref:1872739)   #10
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by spectator22
OReilly seems to me to be the one up front, honest bloke in this whole mess, at least prepared to enforce the rules and bring HRT/Holden/Skaife/TW to task. Read the opinion about it all on p29 of MN – Tom W we know about, but Holden themselves dont come out of it looking exactly squeaky clean either. Long overdue for this underhand dealings to be exposed and shut down.
Have their underhand dealings been shut down or is it just that we have been led to believe they have.
Old 21 Mar 2007, 01:25 (Ref:1872743)   #11
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by spectator22
Its only been 4 years... with the same bloke in charge...

Dr John Hewson will be a more than able replacement, as long as you dont ask him about cakes...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 21 Mar 2007, 01:28 (Ref:1872744)   #12
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
maybe this whole Walky/Skaife/TEGA thing cause him to step down?
Old 21 Mar 2007, 01:53 (Ref:1872754)   #13
Wrighty05
Veteran

Australia
Wrighty05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Eevry time i think of John Hewson i think of that send up they did of him on the old d-gen late show on the ABC.

"I challenege the Prime Minister to a fight with wet newspapers".

Remember Hewson was that man with that crazy idea for a GST.
"It was dry for the second go-around. Grice, nervous, worrying about his Bathurst jinx, ran 2:25.9. The amazing Brock, using every last centimetre of bitumen, yet keeping the car straight and balanced and at full noise, came back with a staggering 2:20.0 as if to say: "Match that". And people just shook their heads, bit their lips and wondered who would be second".

RIP Peter Brock. 1945-2006
Old 21 Mar 2007, 02:05 (Ref:1872758)   #14
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hewson fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrighty05

Remember Hewson was that man with that crazy idea for a GST.
Hewson is a motor sport fan & is a great selection given his involvement with the spending cap - even more reason to believe the cap will work & it needs to.

As for the GST the Hewson version was fully fledged unlike the current version - at a time when payment of sales tax was optional for those with the right(?) professional advice ..... crazy, no!
Old 21 Mar 2007, 02:22 (Ref:1872767)   #15
Sequel
Racer

So with Kelvin (& Skafe too?) off the board, maybe the Walden gig might get a start?
Old 21 Mar 2007, 02:56 (Ref:1872776)   #16
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I saw a very good interview with John Hewson on TV a little while ago.

I think he is very intelligent and a man of good character. Don't know how he got into politics and i'm sure not what he is doing at TEGA.
Old 21 Mar 2007, 03:07 (Ref:1872778)   #17
davester
Racer

davester should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwr fan
What dealings have you had with Kelvin that prompt this comment? I've found him quite competent and even handed in what is a very emotive industry.

It's very easy to hang crap on the umpire, without knowing the FULL facts behind their decisions and comments. Do TEGA have a duty to disclose the full facts?...nope, only to relevant franchise holders and VESA.
Old 21 Mar 2007, 03:23 (Ref:1872781)   #18
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by davester
Do TEGA have a duty to disclose the full facts?...nope, only to relevant franchise holders and VESA.
So why are they some of the people who are piddled off with the rulings the Kelvinmonster and his group create? Privately if not publicly.

That the rulings are not shared with the public except via good reporting by some sections of the media suggests a level of contempt for the paying public who at the end of the day is actually paying to keep the show on the road.

#CANCERSUCKS
Old 21 Mar 2007, 03:48 (Ref:1872786)   #19
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
So why are they some of the people who are piddled off with the rulings the Kelvinmonster and his group create? Privately if not publicly.

That the rulings are not shared with the public except via good reporting by some sections of the media suggests a level of contempt for the paying public who at the end of the day is actually paying to keep the show on the road.

I guess that depends on what you think you are paying for when you buy a ticket.
Old 21 Mar 2007, 04:18 (Ref:1872797)   #20
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Hewsons GetStuffedToday was better than the current system and his large involment with the TREC seems to be working so if he can run TEGA good and make them grow some balls then i am happy.

Quote:
Orriginaly posted by davester
What dealings have you had with Kelvin that prompt this comment? I've found him quite competent and even handed in what is a very emotive industry.

It's very easy to hang crap on the umpire, without knowing the FULL facts behind their decisions and comments. Do TEGA have a duty to disclose the full facts?...nope, only to relevant franchise holders and VESA.
would of been my answer if GTR didn't beat me to it.

Quote:
Orriginally posted by GTRMagic

Last edited by Pro Racer; 21 Mar 2007 at 04:23.
Old 21 Mar 2007, 04:20 (Ref:1872798)   #21
Wrighty05
Veteran

Australia
Wrighty05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavvy
Hewson is a motor sport fan & is a great selection given his involvement with the spending cap - even more reason to believe the cap will work & it needs to.

As for the GST the Hewson version was fully fledged unlike the current version - at a time when payment of sales tax was optional for those with the right(?) professional advice ..... crazy, no!
Sorry, misunderstood what I said. It was ment to be sarcastic. He was ridiculed at the time for it, only for it to be introduced, albeit somewhat differently, later on.

I have no doubt that Mr Hewson is an intelligant man.
"It was dry for the second go-around. Grice, nervous, worrying about his Bathurst jinx, ran 2:25.9. The amazing Brock, using every last centimetre of bitumen, yet keeping the car straight and balanced and at full noise, came back with a staggering 2:20.0 as if to say: "Match that". And people just shook their heads, bit their lips and wondered who would be second".

RIP Peter Brock. 1945-2006
Old 21 Mar 2007, 04:49 (Ref:1872808)   #22
davester
Racer

davester should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic

Exactly right GTR..."some", not all, definitely no huge groundswell from the paying public or tv fans, just a few around here. The latest events have been more of a "talking point", than a drop what you're doing revelation.

Sure the HRT issue is very serious, but at the end of the day TEGA is there to manage, enforce compliance, and promote the category. TEGA is not about to cut its nose off to spite its face to satisfy the kneejerk reactions of other interested parties. TEGA will come to what it sees is an appropriate resolution in the interest of affected parties and the integrity of the sport.

Once again, this is an emotive industry, and I've been on both sides of various decisions...agree with some, not entirely with others, but generally ride the bumps and get on with business to the best of my capacity.

With regard to Kelvin and Skaife having current positions reviewed (have been to busy to read about), It's fairy normal in organisations when two heavy hitters slug it out over a headline issue, that they are then removed from those positions to ensure grudges don't influence the future process of rational decision making.

My original "simple" question has conveniently been let through to the keeper.
Old 21 Mar 2007, 05:21 (Ref:1872822)   #23
Robert Ryan
Veteran

Robert Ryan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
OReilly seems to me to be the one up front, honest bloke in this whole mess
The less Oreilly is involved in anything the better, he made a total goose of himself running the Super Touring series.
Old 21 Mar 2007, 06:37 (Ref:1872847)   #24
Sequel
Racer

For a piece of news quite critical to the running of V8 supercars, it still doesn't get a mention on thier web site!
Old 21 Mar 2007, 06:56 (Ref:1872852)   #25
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sequel
For a piece of news quite critical to the running of V8 supercars, it still doesn't get a mention on thier web site!
The website exists to market V8s, not run them and this isn't good publicity.