Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 3 Jun 2010, 13:53 (Ref:2703846)   #1
Fan
Veteran

Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2010 Goodwood Revival

I see that there's no thread on the 2010 Goodwood Revival. Who's been invited, who's going to watch, etc? I see that the entry fee from last year has been dropped, thank goodness.
Old 3 Jun 2010, 14:06 (Ref:2703855)   #2
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan View Post
I see that there's no thread on the 2010 Goodwood Revival. Who's been invited, who's going to watch, etc? I see that the entry fee from last year has been dropped, thank goodness.

I presume that is the spectator entry you are talking about?
Old 3 Jun 2010, 14:11 (Ref:2703859)   #3
Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMD View Post
I presume that is the spectator entry you are talking about?
Ha Ha, no. Sadly not!
Old 3 Jun 2010, 14:28 (Ref:2703868)   #4
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ah ha, the competitors entry fee has been reduced? I thought when you said it had been dropped, it no longer existed
Old 3 Jun 2010, 14:35 (Ref:2703872)   #5
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Probably give it a miss!
Old 3 Jun 2010, 16:04 (Ref:2703908)   #6
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
Probably give it a miss!
Cynic! No sense of humour Mr Ruston, myself, in usual capacity will attend [God which ever one willing], car and owner's invitation confirmed, fingers crossed Meddlesome or ilk not invited, jeez Prescott! now where can I obtain some cheap eggs.....
Old 3 Jun 2010, 16:28 (Ref:2703924)   #7
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rad leaking?
Old 3 Jun 2010, 16:29 (Ref:2703925)   #8
SAMD
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
Rad leaking?
Old 3 Jun 2010, 18:47 (Ref:2704052)   #9
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Should be there in pure non-GRRC spectator form. Always enjoy it with some good friends who make it their annual historic racing event. However, since one of them is a member will try and get suitable Pre 66 transport into the Lavant enclosure. Great place for watching the planes from!
Old 3 Jun 2010, 22:16 (Ref:2704199)   #10
skentellytubby
Racer

United Kingdom
Manchester
skentellytubby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there on the "Prawn Sandwich" brigade side of the armco (GRRC member). I know its a pastiche, but I always sit on the front row of Chicane - and I love it.
Old 4 Jun 2010, 07:49 (Ref:2704348)   #11
Daimlerman
Racer

England
West Sussex - England
Daimlerman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there - parked up in the Lavant Bank enclosure as usual, with Septimvs hosting a little GRRC party again!

Old 4 Jun 2010, 18:10 (Ref:2704691)   #12
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Should be there in pure non-GRRC spectator form. Always enjoy it with some good friends who make it their annual historic racing event. However, since one of them is a member will try and get suitable Pre 66 transport into the Lavant enclosure. Great place for watching the planes from!
Even better from the verandah of the Aero Club, ice cold Pimms, the complete escape from pressure's of the paddock...
Old 5 Jun 2010, 19:57 (Ref:2705199)   #13
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by p261brm View Post
Even better from the verandah of the Aero Club, ice cold Pimms, the complete escape from pressure's of the paddock...
Maybe so,but Pimms?
Old 5 Jun 2010, 20:15 (Ref:2705204)   #14
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
Maybe so,but Pimms?
Well, they do a rather nice bottled ale, from the cool shelf, and provided one can wait for the temprature to become slightly more temperate it is as they say in northern climes, good tekking, now Stubbs [Piper's man] and I have been known to as we say 'indulge' in one or two, three?...

Last edited by p261brm; 5 Jun 2010 at 20:28.
Old 5 Jun 2010, 22:09 (Ref:2705250)   #15
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I am in..
With 2 cars...
FJ Envoy Mk II in the Chichester
Lotus 18 GP 2,5 litre in the Gordon

It seems that the 60 year of F1 jubilee has prompted the Goodwood team to put on 3 instead of 2 F1 races.
Fine by me..

Rudolf
Old 6 Jun 2010, 09:31 (Ref:2705388)   #16
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudernst View Post
I am in..
With 2 cars...

It seems that the 60 year of F1 jubilee has prompted the Goodwood team to put on 3 instead of 2 F1 races.
Fine by me..

Rudolf
No sleigh entered then....
Old 6 Jun 2010, 18:13 (Ref:2705607)   #17
HRSTR5
Racer

England
Surrey, England
HRSTR5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've missed the cut with the Formula Junior, so will be there as a spectator.
Quote:
Originally Posted by p261brm View Post
Having had knee surgery just a few days before last year's event, and being a GRRC and Aero Club member I spent a lot of time on the Aero Club verandah last year, as I was also unable to drive all weekend I made a reasonable dent in the bar supplies (and my wallet inevitably!), it was a great place to pitch camp!

James
Old 7 Jun 2010, 10:46 (Ref:2705980)   #18
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Brian A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRSTR5 View Post
I've missed the cut with the Formula Junior, so will be there as a spectator.

Having had knee surgery just a few days before last year's event, and being a GRRC and Aero Club member I spent a lot of time on the Aero Club verandah last year, as I was also unable to drive all weekend I made a reasonable dent in the bar supplies (and my wallet inevitably!), it was a great place to pitch camp!

James
Sorry to hear that you've missed out with the Elva, but at least you've got an entry for the Silverstone Classic - not a bad consolation prize as the Junior race there is always over subscribed. I've got an invite for the Fordwater with the WSM Midget, just have to get the body repaired from the side swipe it got at Zandvoort a few weeks ago.

Must remember to wave at Simon as I go past the Chicane Grandstand.
Old 7 Jun 2010, 22:33 (Ref:2706408)   #19
skentellytubby
Racer

United Kingdom
Manchester
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian A View Post
Sorry to hear that you've missed out with the Elva, but at least you've got an entry for the Silverstone Classic - not a bad consolation prize as the Junior race there is always over subscribed. I've got an invite for the Fordwater with the WSM Midget, just have to get the body repaired from the side swipe it got at Zandvoort a few weeks ago.

Must remember to wave at Simon as I go past the Chicane Grandstand.
It'll be a little surreal having someone I know to cheer on!!

Off topic, but Silverstone was excellent wasnt it? Weather held off until the finish, all good. I ran out of fuel on the pit lane at the end - perfect calculation on my part........
Old 8 Jun 2010, 10:50 (Ref:2706617)   #20
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
I have to question your perfect calculation - the race was shortened to 25 minutes when we were in the assembly area. I didn't see anyone syphoning out fuel.........
Old 9 Jun 2010, 11:16 (Ref:2707188)   #21
Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudernst View Post
I am in..
With 2 cars...

Fine by me..

Rudolf
Rudolf,

Do you know when the Gordon race is? On the paperwork it says that it's on Saturday 9last race of the day) but on the Goodwood Revival official website it says that it's on the Sunday morning.

Very important to know this as if it's onSunday then I don't think it will be a great idea to go to the ball on Saturday evening!
Old 9 Jun 2010, 14:48 (Ref:2707327)   #22
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan View Post
Rudolf,

Do you know when the Gordon race is? On the paperwork it says that it's on Saturday 9last race of the day) but on the Goodwood Revival official website it says that it's on the Sunday morning.

Very important to know this as if it's onSunday then I don't think it will be a great idea to go to the ball on Saturday evening!
I suspect that the website is more up to date as it appears to have been updated on the 6th of May and my invitation docs arrived in late April with quite a different timetable. I was expecting the Fordwater Trophy to be the first race on Sunday according to the invite, but the Goodwood site has it as race 14 after the TT on Sunday afternoon.

But it says that all timings are subject to change, so everything could be different on the day.
Old 9 Jun 2010, 14:58 (Ref:2707338)   #23
Fan
Veteran

Quote:
I suspect that the website is more up to date as it appears to have been updated on the 6th of May and my invitation docs arrived in late April with quite a different timetable. I was expecting the Fordwater Trophy to be the first race on Sunday according to the invite, but the Goodwood site has it as race 14 after the TT on Sunday afternoon.

But it says that all timings are subject to change, so everything could be different on the day.
Thanks Brian. I guess that I'll have to give the ball a miss. Should still be a great weekend though.
Old 9 Jun 2010, 19:23 (Ref:2707659)   #24
skentellytubby
Racer

United Kingdom
Manchester
Quote:
I have to question your perfect calculation - the race was shortened to 25 minutes when we were in the assembly area. I didn't see anyone syphoning out fuel.........
Ummm....oh yeah!!!
Old 9 Jun 2010, 19:39 (Ref:2707668)   #25
SAMD
Veteran

Quote:
I will just say one word. Extra Sensory Perception