Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 30 Dec 2013, 10:16 (Ref:3348839)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Classic Sports Car Club

All the grids, plus the revitalised /classic K
Old 10 Apr 2014, 12:32 (Ref:3390771)   #2
DaveGT6
Veteran

England
Langford, Beds.
DaveGT6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
CSCC kicks off their season this Saturday at Snetterton with races for Morgans, Jags, Swinging Sixties sports and saloons and the Classic K race. Weather looks like being good so it should be a good day's racing. I haven't seen the Classic K grid but I know there are TVRs both Griffiths and Grantura, E Type, Falcon, Elan etc. The inaugural race last year was well supported and I believe the season opener is too. I'm looking forward to an exciting afternoon on the pit wall.
Old 10 Apr 2014, 12:39 (Ref:3390776)   #3
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm in the Jaguar races & really looking forward to it.

I hear that a lot of the grids are full and there are 450 racers entered, should be a great meeting.
Old 10 Apr 2014, 14:54 (Ref:3390805)   #4
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Over 320 cars entered over the whole weekend and about 450 drivers.

Of the CSCC's own series I think I'm in one of the smaller grids in "Modern Classics" (in my 924S), with 34 cars entered!

Good article about the club in todays Autosport - one or two factual inaccuracies but very positive. And we didn't even pay them!
Old 10 Apr 2014, 19:50 (Ref:3390867)   #5
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Good to read this. I hope everyone has a great time.
Old 10 Apr 2014, 20:07 (Ref:3390873)   #6
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Weather forecast not too bad either!
Old 10 Apr 2014, 21:08 (Ref:3390889)   #7
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mike, you should bring the 924 out occasionally. We have a specific class within Future Classics for pre 1981 <2litre cars!
Old 10 Apr 2014, 21:10 (Ref:3390890)   #8
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
My mate John is coming to watch me. Both times he has I broke down!

Looking forward to it.
Old 10 Apr 2014, 21:42 (Ref:3390902)   #9
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Terry Scannell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Weather forecast not too bad either!
Mike, you must know by now, that's all due to the superb planning! Would we let you down on this front?

Hope to see you at the weekend

Terry
Old 11 Apr 2014, 05:31 (Ref:3390965)   #10
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
I'll make it to the circuit at some point, few Morgans and a big Jag to cheer on! Will try and pop upstairs to say hello.

Andy, Tango still has a question mark over engine after head gasket replacement. Need to test before undertaking anything more serious!

Old 12 Apr 2014, 08:53 (Ref:3391415)   #11
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Damn, first CSCC season opener I've missed since 2007

Have fun guys.
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 12 Apr 2014, 16:56 (Ref:3391515)   #12
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Looks to have been a good first day - consistent performance, Cliff - matching quali and race position in 5th! Where's Gail Hill this year?

And Future Classics, my old stamping ground was fully subscribed I see - with a lot of new faces and motors....but also plenty of the usual suspects......and also a fairly high attrition rate with 10 DNFs......sorry to see Martyn (TR8) - hope its something simple.
Old 12 Apr 2014, 18:50 (Ref:3391539)   #13
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Yes, well done Cliff, and good luck in next race. See if you can catch Mr Ramm....

Talking of high attrition rates- 30 cars started the Morgan race, 30 finished! Not often you see that......

Old 12 Apr 2014, 20:34 (Ref:3391563)   #14
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes it was a good first day

After an ok rolling start the first 5 pulled away from the rear of the field, with third place qualifier taking the lead, 2nd & 3rd battling & I battling for 4th from 5th, but on lap 6 in the infield section I heard & felt a rattle from the back of my car, so I slowed & then followed an almighty bang as my exhaust back box fell off, overtook me under braking & landed in front of me!

I pulled over beside the marshals post by the large infield hairpin & all seemed ok , so I carried on chasing 4th, closing the gap down to six seconds at the end of the race, with a faster lap time , so all to do again tomorrow.
Old 12 Apr 2014, 20:51 (Ref:3391567)   #15
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Don't know why Gail wasn't there today, although she has recently had a lot of work done on her car.
Old 13 Apr 2014, 08:15 (Ref:3391854)   #16
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Did any of them go over 30?

Quote:
Yes, well done Cliff, and good luck in next race. See if you can catch Mr Ramm....

Talking of high attrition rates- 30 cars started the Morgan race, 30 finished! Not often you see that......

Old 13 Apr 2014, 10:56 (Ref:3391896)   #17
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
Did any of them go over 30?
Cheeky bugger! The winning car's fastest lap was 2.06 on the 300....... Antique they may look, slow they ain't!

Old 13 Apr 2014, 14:54 (Ref:3391977)   #18
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Just looked at the results for Tin Tops today......10 people given 2 lap penalty for "Pit Lane Infringements", and one person disqualified and given points for Yellow Flag infringement........

Never seen anything like that......who upset Rob (CoC) ?
Old 13 Apr 2014, 18:35 (Ref:3392039)   #19
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
2:06? Factory demonstrator no doubt

I bet there was a waft of hot linseed oil from the gearbox after the race.

Quote:
Cheeky bugger! The winning car's fastest lap was 2.06 on the 300....... Antique they may look, slow they ain't!

Old 13 Apr 2014, 18:39 (Ref:3392042)   #20
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
2:06? Factory demonstrator no doubt

I bet there was a waft of hot linseed oil from the gearbox after the race.
Don't know about factory demonstrator.......Mr Ahlers pedaling it might have had something to do with it, though.......
Old 13 Apr 2014, 19:46 (Ref:3392057)   #21
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Don't know about factory demonstrator.......Mr Ahlers pedaling it might have had something to do with it, though.......
The top cars including Keith's are 'class A' which interprets as big Rover engined hot rods that weigh very little..... And no Moss box!

I see our Cliff had a DNF in his second race, hope nothing untoward?
Old 13 Apr 2014, 20:13 (Ref:3392068)   #22
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Just looked at the results for Tin Tops today......10 people given 2 lap penalty for "Pit Lane Infringements", and one person disqualified and given points for Yellow Flag infringement........

Never seen anything like that......who upset Rob (CoC) ?
Possibly confusion caused by a safety car at pit stop time - they initially gave the top 3 and then had to completely re-issue the results later in the day.

Quote:
I see our Cliff had a DNF in his second race, hope nothing untoward?
I think he got caught up in something at Montreal on the first lap as he came round Agostini in last place on that lap. However with about 5 mins I thought I saw him go straight on at the end of the Bentley Straight at speed across the front of a yellow XJS that had overtaken him before the braking point! Possibly brake failure, but I did see smoke from the exhausts in the lap previous and I was watching from the Agositni banking so my viewpoint wasn't the best.
Old 13 Apr 2014, 21:06 (Ref:3392088)   #23
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Nothing untoward, just a minor case of brake failure whilst overtaking the yellow XJS at the end of the Revett Straight.

After having been run off the track at Montreal the first time which put me to the back of the field and having worked my way back up through half the field I decided to call it a day.
Old 14 Apr 2014, 10:16 (Ref:3392292)   #24
David Stallard
Racer

United Kingdom
Basildon, Essex, UK
David Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDavid Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDavid Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Now that's a great start to the season - I won't mention that a couple of the spectators were overheard saying the jag races were "outstanding" as it will only go to their heads lol.

Not had chance to pick out any favourite shots as yet but they are all uploaded now (for those of you who don't frequent the CSCC section here)

Saturday's gallery HERE

Sunday's gallery HERE

See you all - and more - at Silverfence next month

.DAVID.

You can sleep in a car BUT you can't race a house!!!
Old 14 Apr 2014, 14:27 (Ref:3392407)   #25
David Stallard
Racer

United Kingdom
Basildon, Essex, UK
David Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDavid Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDavid Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Few that stood out as I flicked through the gallery:

#1 - 1/250, f/5.6, iso 100 at 135mm little flamage always brings a smile

#2 - 1/250, f/5.6, iso 100 at 105mm the entire Allegro owners club turned up for a display shot - believe it or not the 'Gulf' one in the middle even had gull wing doors AND a matching caravan :thumbsup:

#3 - 1/250, f/5.6, iso 100 at 280mm little more flamage

#4 - 1/125, f/8, iso 100 at 135mm the gutting moment the 6589cc V8 Dax Rush goes out - sound of this on track makes grown men weep

#5 - 1/250, f/5.6, iso 100 at 175mm probably not the fastest line out of Murrays

#6 - 1/160, f/5, iso 100 at 175mm you would not believe how quick this etype was - stunning

.DAVID.

You can sleep in a car BUT you can't race a house!!!