Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 18 Dec 2018, 21:16 (Ref:3871247)   #26
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Track Attack I believe are there twice next year aswell.Looks good though.
Old 18 Dec 2018, 21:30 (Ref:3871252)   #27
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmaz223 View Post
Track Attack I believe are there twice next year aswell.
Indeed. They'll be at the Classic and Modern Motorsport event in June, and September's BRSCC meeting.
Old 19 Dec 2018, 03:19 (Ref:3871297)   #28
pescaraproductions
Rookie

pescaraproductions should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmaz223 View Post
Track Attack I believe are there twice next year aswell.Looks good though.
Oh awesome, They bring some mega grids and races, just a shame the MK1 MR2's are no longer with them. I think I heard that the Motorsports School sponsored open race they had at the Festival last year is looking to expand and we might get Combe-esque Saloons and GT deal too.

Having been over this on the support group, a lot of the bike guys don't seem to mind, I'm starting to wonder if the re-branded MSA requested this change on the pickups front, but even that doesn't make sense to me.
Old 19 Dec 2018, 13:22 (Ref:3871395)   #29
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pescaraproductions View Post
, just a shame the MK1 MR2's are no longer with them.
Where have they gone, or have they just disappeared?
Old 19 Dec 2018, 14:02 (Ref:3871403)   #30
pescaraproductions
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
Think they've dissolved back into the 750MC one where they started. I know they were dipping in numbers slightly but not into single figures. Last ran with Track Attack, I cant find anything now.
Old 19 Dec 2018, 14:25 (Ref:3871416)   #31
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
From what I've heard, the numbers had began to drop a bit (which is perhaps not unduly surprising, owing to the age of the cars), to the extent that the Track Attack club couldn't financially sustain a separate grid. Faced with the option of being merged with the - generally quicker - Nippon Challenge, some drivers elected to move onto others types of racing/stop racing, whilst others have gravitated towards the 750MC championship.
Old 29 Dec 2018, 11:05 (Ref:3872983)   #32
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
-5 May/750MC/Vee,Clio182,Classic Stock Hatch,750 Historic and 750 Formula

-25 May/BRSCC/Northern Formula Ford,Super Kart UK

-27 May/BARC/Hyundai Coupe Cup, Citroen 2CV

-16 June/CMMC/500ccF3,MorganChallenge and I believe whats broken away from BARC SE (cannons tin tops, DMN saloons and maybe intermarque)

-28 July/BARC/Pickups,C1 Sprints

-26 August/BARC/Pickups,Junior Saloons

-15 September/BRSCC/Track Attack,XRchallenge,MX5 Super Series(who have already had some people having a good whine about the place being a 'bike circuit' despite never hosting a round there)

Add October 16th for a Time Attack Race Day and I believe the BRSCC meeting is on the 14th September.

-26 December /BRSCC/Plum Pudding

+ 18 Bike Days, highlights of which are:
Thundersports on June 21/23 & Festival of 1000 Bikes on July 13/14.
Old 5 Jan 2019, 22:26 (Ref:3874200)   #33
pescaraproductions
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk View Post
-5 May/750MC/Vee,Clio182,Classic Stock Hatch,750 Historic and 750 Formula

-25 May/BRSCC/Northern Formula Ford,Super Kart UK

-27 May/BARC/Hyundai Coupe Cup, Citroen 2CV

-16 June/CMMC/500ccF3,MorganChallenge and I believe whats broken away from BARC SE (cannons tin tops, DMN saloons and maybe intermarque)

-28 July/BARC/Pickups,C1 Sprints

-26 August/BARC/Pickups,Junior Saloons

-15 September/BRSCC/Track Attack,XRchallenge,MX5 Super Series(who have already had some people having a good whine about the place being a 'bike circuit' despite never hosting a round there)

Add October 16th for a Time Attack Race Day and I believe the BRSCC meeting is on the 14th September.

-26 December /BRSCC/Plum Pudding

+ 18 Bike Days, highlights of which are:
Thundersports on June 21/23 & Festival of 1000 Bikes on July 13/14.
Ah someone has found my post on the Mallory Support Page then. There are updates to add to this. MX5 lads moaned so much that they got it changed and now wont be going. Pretty laughable but ah well. They will be replaced by the Alfas and Monoposto. What concerns me currently is the amount of 2 championship days we seem to have, which notoriously get cancelled by BARC last minute
Old 28 Jan 2019, 01:01 (Ref:3880078)   #34
pescaraproductions
Rookie

Bit of an update to some of the work going on at the Devils Elbow, I know some people saw it at the Plum Pudding meeting and thought the viewing section was being pushed back. It's not going anywhere, it's undergone some serious smartening up and had steps added. They've added a new wooden fence that i'm certain is somehow closer to the apex of the corner and is hardly high, I could fall over it and i'm hardly 6 foot lol. It looks like it might continue all the way down the straight too. It's got to be the closest you can get un-obscured in the UK now but at least that spectator area hasn't been lost to time. Someone should give MSV a call and tell them this is how you do it instead of ruining everywhere with safety fences.
Old 28 Jan 2019, 07:55 (Ref:3880112)   #35
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
MSV have Cadwell- and nowhere has viewing as good, or as unobstructed , or as close ...
Old 28 Jan 2019, 08:27 (Ref:3880115)   #36
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What concerns me currently is the amount of 2 championship days we seem to have, which notoriously get cancelled by BARC last minute.

A bigger concern is that on September 14th 15th the date for the BRSCC meeting, the BRSCC are also running the GT meeting at Donington. Thi seems to be streching organisation and marshalling to the limit.
Old 28 Jan 2019, 10:51 (Ref:3880133)   #37
Lola
Veteran

England
Nr Worcester
Lola should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Monoposto Tiedman Trophy on the 14th of September
Old 28 Feb 2019, 10:53 (Ref:3887278)   #38
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Work continues - seen yesterday.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG0019A.jpg   IMG0018A.jpg  
Old 28 Feb 2019, 19:50 (Ref:3887395)   #39
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk View Post
Work continues - seen yesterday.
It will be interesting to see whether they move the spectator area closer to the track and what sort of fencing they use.
Old 28 Feb 2019, 21:48 (Ref:3887411)   #40
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfaholic View Post
It will be interesting to see whether they move the spectator area closer to the track and what sort of fencing they use.
I doubt that race tracks have ever moved spectators closer. Thst all looks like increased run off and i have every expectation thst the armco will be moved back next.
Old 1 Mar 2019, 02:24 (Ref:3887444)   #41
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I doubt that race tracks have ever moved spectators closer. Thst all looks like increased run off and i have every expectation thst the armco will be moved back next.
It was run-off area Andy. The armco has just been moved up to trackside by this work.

The apparent problem if the run-off area ended up at the pedestrian bridge structure which was not ideal for start line shunts. Nor, presumably, if they ever use the short circuit again, avoiding the hairpin.

Then again a start line shunt constrained by armco on both sides of the tarmac might not be ideal either. Hopefully we will never find out.

With the chance of Rallycross returning being non-existent the sections of off-tarmac surface have been eliminated.

In fact last year an area behind the armco at the end end of Stebbe Straight that I had never seen unrestricted was opened out for public access. I was quite surprised but did not have an opportunity to make use of it then. Access from the paddock only of course.
Old 1 Mar 2019, 08:12 (Ref:3887484)   #42
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Coincidentally, I received a fixtures list for events at Mallory Park this year in my post box yesterday. I don't remember this happening for at least 40 years (but I do live slightly further away from the track nowadays).
Old 28 Apr 2019, 21:27 (Ref:3900351)   #43
pescaraproductions
Rookie

Interesting to see that there is a pair of benches right by the new start line fence now. So if there's chaos off the line while you have lunch you can get some fibreglass in your teeth.

While the bridge was always a problem for start line stalls as well as taking the life of Nic Fairman, very nearly taking Des Chandler and a Mig driver in 2001, there was more wiggle room than there is now if someone doesn't get off the line. I can't see it lasting. I pray they're thinking of better solutions for the off season.